Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it all started when I arrived to pick up my Red Line. My lovely wife as well as my son was there to greet me. When I walked into the showroom I could feel it; the tightning of my face muscles, eyes beagn to squint and tears began to flow. There it was...beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, a goddess, a work of art! It look's exactly like Ernest's Mayhem..except a different color a little smaller, different model and manufacturer ( gitter-done )

The symptoms began then so I did'nt pay it much mind but as soon as I climbed in..I really started to feel it. I was hopeing no one else noticed my symptoms. So when I started it up I knew I had a severe problem. My son said " Dad did you hear the Blow Off Valve? I told him I had just eaten a Checkerburger and it wasn't agreeing with me. He said "no not that..your car has a blow off valve to release the pressure from the turbo". That's goota be good!I said. So as I said goodbye to the staff at the dealership, they all asked if I was okay. I said "sure, why do you ask", they said "well you look a little......different". I assured them I was fine.
My wife said " let's go cruissin" so off we went...in different car's! She has a base Sky exactly like Ernest's Mayhem, except a little different..well you get the picture. As we cruised down US Hwy 19; side by side then we leaped frog each other ( first she led, then me ) I got the feeling that Moses had when he parted the Red Sea. People would slow down,then speed up,then pulled along side of us. All eyes were on us. At stop light's it was really an experience. Folkes would honk theire horns, blurt out " fantastic car", "what is it", etc etc. Well at then end of dinner my wife asked if I was okay and that I looked a bit ...different. I told her that I needed to go to the hospital.....she agreed.
We pulled up at the emergency room door and there were several Dr's and nurses standing there. As soon a they saw me they took me straight in. They have seen the symptoms befor. I had an acute case of "Kappauphoria" Where your mouth is stuck in the exagerated shape of a smile...you know: ear to ear. One Dr. said everyone who has bought a Pontaic Solstice has this problem. I blurted out " It's not a Pontiac...It's a Saturn Sky Red Line" as my blood pressure went thru the roof. He said you mean like Ernest's Mayhem except a differant color a little smaller? I said yes..yes...yes. What can I do about it...this hurts. I can't drink, I can't smoke and I can barely speak how can I go on this way. The Dr said the only therapy is to drive your other car now and again and then the nurse said his other car is a Sky as well. The Dr looked at my wife and said.." he's terminal" So I have been driving around town since Friday nite with this huge smile on my face. I can't fight it and there is no known cure. I have contacted the CDC in Atlanta and they have been looking into " Kappauphoria " as well. They will keep us posted. Mean while I will have to " GRIN and Bear It "! I have been driving Saturn's since 1998. With my new Sky Red Line; that makes car # 13 from the same dealer. The Saturn I just sold was a 2004 Saturn Ion Red Line that was supercharged. I thought that was fast. My three son's all have 2004 Saturn Ion Red Lines as well, so they know their cars. When you floor it it most definetly pushes you back. More so than our Supercharged 5 spd trannies. There is no mistakeing that this car is a serious player. There is nothing that I can complain about on this car. I am 6'2' and 225 lbs and it fits like a glove. The attention that it gets is fantastic and now it is as fast as it looks. Well I must go for now for another treatment. There is a 7 Eleven in Orlando that has a sale on a box of matches. See Ya! I Look Like this guy!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Well, it all started when I arrived to pick up my Red Line. My lovely wife as well as my son was there to greet me. When I walked into the showroom I could feel it; the tightning of my face muscles, eyes beagn to squint and tears began to flow. There it was...beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, a goddess, a work of art! It look's exactly like Ernest's Mayhem..except a different color a little smaller, different model and manufacturer ( gitter-done )

The symptoms began then so I did'nt pay it much mind but as soon as I climbed in..I really started to feel it. I was hopeing no one else noticed my symptoms. So when I started it up I knew I had a severe problem. My son said " Dad did you hear the Blow Off Valve? I told him I had just eaten a Checkerburger and it wasn't agreeing with me. He said "no not that..your car has a blow off valve to release the pressure from the turbo". That's goota be good!I said. So as I said goodbye to the staff at the dealership, they all asked if I was okay. I said "sure, why do you ask", they said "well you look a little......different". I assured them I was fine.
My wife said " let's go cruissin" so off we went...in different car's! She has a base Sky exactly like Ernest's Mayhem, except a little different..well you get the picture. As we cruised down US Hwy 19; side by side then we leaped frog each other ( first she led, then me ) I got the feeling that Moses had when he parted the Red Sea. People would slow down,then speed up,then pulled along side of us. All eyes were on us. At stop light's it was really an experience. Folkes would honk theire horns, blurt out " fantastic car", "what is it", etc etc. Well at then end of dinner my wife asked if I was okay and that I looked a bit ...different. I told her that I needed to go to the hospital.....she agreed.
We pulled up at the emergency room door and there were several Dr's and nurses standing there. As soon a they saw me they took me straight in. They have seen the symptoms befor. I had an acute case of "Kappauphoria" Where your mouth is stuck in the exagerated shape of a smile...you know: ear to ear. One Dr. said everyone who has bought a Pontaic Solstice has this problem. I blurted out " It's not a Pontiac...It's a Saturn Sky Red Line" as my blood pressure went thru the roof. He said you mean like Ernest's Mayhem except a differant color a little smaller? I said yes..yes...yes. What can I do about it...this hurts. I can't drink, I can't smoke and I can barely speak how can I go on this way. The Dr said the only therapy is to drive your other car now and again and then the nurse said his other car is a Sky as well. The Dr looked at my wife and said.." he's terminal" So I have been driving around town since Friday nite with this huge smile on my face. I can't fight it and there is no known cure. I have contacted the CDC in Atlanta and they have been looking into " Kappauphoria " as well. They will keep us posted. Mean while I will have to " GRIN and Bear It "! I have been driving Saturn's since 1998. With my new Sky Red Line; that makes car # 13 from the same dealer. The Saturn I just sold was a 2004 Saturn Ion Red Line that was supercharged. I thought that was fast. My three son's all have 2004 Saturn Ion Red Lines as well, so they know their cars. When you floor it it most definetly pushes you back. More so than our Supercharged 5 spd trannies. There is no mistakeing that this car is a serious player. There is nothing that I can complain about on this car. I am 6'2' and 225 lbs and it fits like a glove. The attention that it gets is fantastic and now it is as fast as it looks. Well I must go for now for another treatment. There is a 7 Eleven in Orlando that has a sale on a box of matches. See Ya! I Look Like this guy!
I don't care who you are thats funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Great post - too funny!!:lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
O_O .. What an imagination, funny story, enjoyed it..sadly, though .. I hate blow off valves, don't go doing a ricer blow off valve drive by, its the worse thing you can possibly do.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cool: :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
452 Posts
He's got the fever....

QUOTE=Barry;114199]... So I have been driving around town since Friday nite with this huge smile on my face. I can't fight it and there is no known cure. [/QUOTE]

Barry - I'm with ya Bro, check out my signature. Once I landed my middle age 4SS into our redline's driver's seat, I had the same problem and it was very obvious to me what I needed to put as the signoff in my signature.

So now that you have experienced the thrill, you should be able to go back to the "Confessions of a Sky owner" thread and have a better understanding of my desperation. (http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8154)

Take care, keep smiling and above all, use any excuse to go for another drive.

r1chy

·
Registered
160 Posts
:lol:
Thanks for the laugh!!
Many happy miles!
:thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
900 Posts
You know?????? I experienced that same feeling when the Fab Five got together a couple of weeks ago.:crazy: Seeing five different colors (IN PERSON) at one time and same place.:willy: Talking about wearing out a camera!!!!!Here's just a couple of my favorite pictures...... By the way,,,,Congratulations.....:cheers: :cheers: :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good grief you had me worried. But its all good! :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL! Good story Barry! I'm glad you are that Happy. I'll see you on the following Monday and take you up on that offer :thumbs:

I also took your other advice and I'm off to Cherokee, NC., on Monday!! Woot Woot!!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Hello my name is Mark and I suffer from "Kappauphoria". Oops sorry I thought this was my meeting. :jester:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Barry and others,

it's funny stories like this that make this site rock.:willy: keep it up until we all meet in the Sky....

·
Registered
33 Posts

thank god you're my same size and you fit like a glove! lol im 6 4 225 though but shouldnt be a biggy... great story!!

big boys drive saturns too! lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Like these post!

Great humor for the morning while waitin on my redline. Barry, are you sure you don't have some blood from Aristotle???? It takes a BS'r to know one.....Keep it up, and God help the wife.

Ohhhhh! I heard they have some prescripts for ya in Destin, gotta go by way of 98.:cheers: And letr rip.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Barry,
If you're not a writer by profession, you should be! Love the story :jester: .

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'm 6'2" 280 and have all the room in the world, fit fine!!! I also have size 14 feet, plenty of foot room too!!!!!!!
Curious, have you tried the passenger side? it has considerable less leg room than the drivers side? I would wonder of how someone of your stature would fit?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts