Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. jdigiant and I were out running errands on a beautiful, sunny day. I had to make a quick run into a store, and so my better half elected to just wait in the car and catch some rays.

I turned off the car, pocketed the keys, and went into the store.

And then my SKY got evil.

It locked its own doors, as it is wont to do. One beep. When it locked itself, it also armed its optional interior motion alarm. My wife shifted positions, and the car said "beep! beep! beep!" which translates as, "Quit mucking around in the interior. Get back!"

She wen't to get the key fob out of her purse to disarm the alarm, but the car went "beep! beep! beep!"

Then she went to get her cell phone to call for help, and the car didn't like that, either. "beep! beep! beep!"

Any sudden move on her part, or any attempt to exit the vehicle and the alarm would have gone off for real.

So, my advice to you is to just keep driving the SKY all the time. If you don't give it what it wants, it gets nasty.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
hehe............................:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Great thinking........ when i get my baby back... i will keep that in mind...... NO STOPPING... NO MATTER WHAT....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
203 Posts
I read your story, jdigiant, to my wife who laughed hystarically! She said, "Now THAT is information from this forum we can USE!"

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
jdigiant,.... so, would this be an exceptable excuse to take the Sky.... who takes me hostage on a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LONG road trip?... you know... FOR PAYBACKS??? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
128 Posts
Interior Motion Alarm??

Is the motion alarm a dealer add on?? I will be very interested in this, my delsol has one of these and I love it

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
i didnt get any dealer add-ons..... maybe i will check into that..... i would like that in there....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ya couldn't leave tha car running for the misses. It gets mighty hot in a car in a matter of minutes. Skip... never locks anybody in ......:lol:

·
Registered
478 Posts
That's just TOO funny!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Skip said:
Ya couldn't leave tha car running for the misses. It gets mighty hot in a car in a matter of minutes. Skip... never locks anybody in ......:lol:
Jdg is very protective of his car.
Not so sure about the spouse.

How much movement does it have to detect to sound the full alarm?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
cerberus said:
Jdg is very protective of his car.
Not so sure about the spouse.

i will make a not to self..... NO FUN STUFF.... AFTER DOOR LOCKS GET LOCKED......SkyBaby-07 no need to ALARM anyone....:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey, it just clicked! Your wife has a key to your Sky? Mine does not have a key to mine. Ever since she backed into the garage door, hit a construction barrel and rfused to not poark next to wayward shopping carts, I just can't share.

·
Registered
804 Posts
OK, what is the real story here... Is it that the car alarm system was working correctly...or is it that he just wanted to keep the wife in check so she didn't wander???:D
My wife would have made me get out of the car, taken my key away, so that she could make sure I wouldn't drive away somewhere while waiting.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Great Story

07blacksky said:
Is the motion alarm a dealer add on?? I will be very interested in this, my delsol has one of these and I love it
Great story from jdigiant. And yes it is a dealer add on. but you can purchase one at most any alarm company, to add on yourself. At a lower cost as well

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seagull said:
Great story from jdigiant. And yes it is a dealer add on. but you can purchase one at most any alarm company, to add on yourself. At a lower cost as well

What Is the cost of it from the dealer? (roughly)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
The one i got from a local Stereo and Auto Extra shop... mine was 150 and it came with the chasing lights to mount on the back of your rear-view mirror... or somewhere..... really cool.... there are several different settings and sounds....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cerberus said:
Not much. When I drive to work, I keep my backpack in the passenger seat. If I lock the car before reaching in to grab it, it goes off.

I also discovered this problem when washing the car. The car arms itself, and then if you move the roof (like spraying it with water or rubbing a sponge on it or whatever) you get the warning tone.

It is pretty sensitive.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
I have that same alarm John and yea, it is annoying as hell sometimes. Did you know about the valet button? It's right behind that light on the passenger's side. Press and hold that for two seconds and you'll disable some of that stuff.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
That alarm is working normally, but you may want to have the configuration changed. It's a feature called passive arming- the alarm knows that you've turned off the engine and opened and closed at least one door. After a set period of time (usually 30 seconds), the alarm will arm (and if programmed to, lock the doors). The idea is that your car will be secure even if you forget to arm it. The reality, at least in my case, is that you end up setting the alarm off all the time.

Whoever installed the alarm should be able to disable the passive arming pretty quickly and easily. It lasted for about a month in my Camry, and I've made sure it hasn't been enabled in any of my cars since.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts