Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I entered my first car show ever since I've had my Sky and I won FIRST PLACE in my car class!

So now I have a shiny, tall trophy to remember it by. :cool:

WOOHOO!!!

The weather was very hot but it was still alot of fun. I met lots of nice folks and fellow car enthusiasts.
I spoke with a Mustang owner there who said he had been to these kind of shows for over 6 years now and that it's not all about winning but rather just having fun and showing off your ride.

And he's exactly right...that was my main intention when I decided on entering...to just display my ride, chat with fellow car lovers, and have a great time. The trophy was the icing on the cake though and just made it all that sweeter. :lol:

I also met some great Corvette owners who said the Sky was a beautiful car and called it a baby Vette. As you can see from the pictures, I just had to park next to them and it turned out great!

Of course my Sky got alot of attention...people of all ages complimented on how beautiful/cool/sharp-looking it was. :D

Even some of the restaurant employees where we had the show, came out to take a peek at my Sky. While they were awarding the trophies, it began to rain really hard. Bummer! I really wanted to have "Sunny Sky's" so I could get a shot of the trophy next to my car.

Well that's enough of my story-telling for now, my hands are tired from all this typing (and from all that cleaning and polishing)...LOL!

Enjoy the pictures!
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congratulations on your win.:thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RMFN, it's pretty much stock. :)

All I have installed performance-wise is the dual CAI.

Come on Magnaflow...where's the dual exhaust already! :willy:

:lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations on your win!! :cool:

It is a wonderful thing how the car builds friendships and fun!

:cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
What catagory did you win in?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sweet, job well done the Sky looks great!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Another trophy for the SKY'S

Way to go Sunny Sky, :willy: Hope to see you and all the D/FW SKY'S at TMS sept 9th. I think Earnest has a place we could all meet before heading to the track. Earnest, You have a place in mind.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Way to go Sunny Sky, :willy: Hope to see you and all the D/FW SKY'S at TMS sept 9th. I think Earnest has a place we could all meet before heading to the track. Earnest, You have a place in mind.:thumbs:
I am thinking that there is a Ricky's BBQ real close to TMS off 35N, I will have to look up the Exit, Golden Triangle I think. Marklynn70 & I ate there after the last time. Good BBQ. I would think meeting around lunch or 1 pm, grabbing a bite, visiting, and then driving out as a group to the track, hopefully we can hook up with the SWSC members, and enter the track as a Kappa group like last time. PM or call if you have any ideas.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ernest, that sounds a like a great idea!

I can't wait! :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just the first of many more to come:thumbs: Sunni Sky is gonna need a special place for her awards----Congrads:cheers:
Haha! Thanks!

This got me thinking, I need a nickname for my car....

Rick has dubbed his Sunni...soooo I think I will call mine "Sunny" with a y.

Simple, short, & sweet. Sound ok with everyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Ok, good. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts