Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I drove ~2 hours to visit a different Saturn dealership. The dealerships in my hometown all have chosen to sell their Skys "significantly" over MSRP ... up to +$5k. I had made a 'verbal' deal with the General Sales Manager in the other city for a Sky at MSRP. (I also got my deposit refunded by my friendly local dealership).

When I got there today everything went well. I gave him my deposit & and he gave me in writing an agreement that I would be the first automatic Sky ordered at his dealership and we agreed the selling price would be "MSRP plus any delivery or destination charges as it appears on the manufacturer's window sticker". We discussed the statement on the "official Sky price list" which states ... " MRSP includes a $575 destination charge". He was unclear if that includes the "usual" delivery charge to his dealership of "between $500 & $800". He showed me the manufacturer's window sticker from another new car and below the "MSRP" was a "delivery charge" of $585. So, I'm a little confused about that.

None the less, I have in writing that we agreed on the Manufacture's window sticker as the price. And we agreed on the "expected MSRP of $25485 plus this "delivery charge". The $25485 is a Sky with auto transmission, Premium trim and LSD.

While we worked on drafting the written agreement, the General Sales Manager told me that the owner had decided (yesterday) to sell all other Skys for MSRP +$2K ... but because he and I had reached a verbal agreement before the owner's decision, he was holding to our deal.

While we were sitting in his office, the General Sales Manager tried to 'enter' my order ... but the system would not accept the automatic transmission option. He showed me the screen and it said (in red) "Automatic transmission option not available". The General Sales Manager told me that he expected to be able to enter my order sometime over the next two weeks. (I have in writing that he will place my order before APRIL OR THE DEAL IS VOIDED.)

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bubbacc said:
Today I drove ~2 hours to visit a different Saturn dealership. The dealerships in my hometown all have chosen to sell their Skys "significantly" over MSRP ... up to +$5k. I had made a 'verbal' deal with the General Sales Manager in the other city for a Sky at MSRP. (I also got my deposit refunded by my friendly local dealership).

When I got there today everything went well. I gave him my deposit & and he gave me in writing an agreement that I would be the first automatic Sky ordered at his dealership and we agreed the selling price would be "MSRP plus any delivery or destination charges as it appears on the manufacturer's window sticker". We discussed the statement on the "official Sky price list" which states ... " MRSP includes a $575 destination charge". He was unclear if that includes the "usual" delivery charge to his dealership of "between $500 & $800". He showed me the manufacturer's window sticker from another new car and below the "MSRP" was a "delivery charge" of $585. So, I'm a little confused about that.

None the less, I have in writing that we agreed on the Manufacture's window sticker as the price. And we agreed on the "expected MSRP of $25485 plus this "delivery charge". The $25485 is a Sky with auto transmission, Premium trim and LSD.

While we worked on drafting the written agreement, the General Sales Manager told me that the owner had decided (yesterday) to sell all other Skys for MSRP +$2K ... but because he and I had reached a verbal agreement before the owner's decision, he was holding to our deal.

While we were sitting in his office, the General Sales Manager tried to 'enter' my order ... but the system would not accept the automatic transmission option. He showed me the screen and it said (in red) "Automatic transmission option not available". The General Sales Manager told me that he expected to be able to enter my order sometime over the next two weeks. (I have in writing that he will place my order before APRIL OR THE DEAL IS VOIDED.)

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY
I have never seen anything but the destination charge added to the price and that is included in the MSRP, I don't know what this guy is doing, but none of the saturns at my dealer have such a thing as a delivery fee...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manufacturers Window Sticker

Well... what we agreed on is "the manufacturers window sticker" ... which the dealership can not alter ... so I'm comfortable with that.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bubbacc said:
Well... what we agreed on is "the manufacturers window sticker" ... which the dealership can not alter ... so I'm comfortable with that.
if there was a destination charge AND a delivery fee on the factory sticker then i think they are altering the factory sticker, and it may be against the law to do that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts