Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I am updating the registration list and I have everyone's mailing address. So what I am going to do this weekend is start mailing out patches to all who have registered. Jim the younger our webmaster will be adding a button on the 2018 webpage to allow people to buy additional patches if they wish.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Looks like things are going well Rob. Keep up the good work guys. Anxious to attend this event.

Robo and I have discussed doing a Regional event in 2020, nothing finalized at this point.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I would very much like to attend, though I have no idea what my availability will be next June.

Hell, I don't even know what my schedule is like for this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Jim the Younger, owner of the Captain America Sky, brought his video equipment to garage day yesterday and put together a short video of the event. Thought you might enjoy. This was an "unscheduled" event brought about by popular demand. At our scheduled events we get about three times as many cars but a lot more socialization goes on. This GD was mostly about working on the cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=217&v=NGFfUEpllsk

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
We received a request to find out if anyone planning on attending wants to share the cost of a hotel room. Several registrants are attending without a guest and this creates opportunities for them to share a room if that is their desire. If you do want to share a room, let me know here and I will do my best to match you up with another member.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Would LOVE for you to attend. Want to get your car up on the lift and check it out ! LOL>:)
Well, ok...

I'm not sure you'd find anything of interest though. Mechanically my car is completely stock.

Maybe you are thinking of someone else?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Looks like we are in (booked). Thought you needed more Canadian content! Gonna add about 30% to the miles on the coupe at this point! Hopefully at least 91 octane is readily available en route (tuned for 94).

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Great!

We like Canadians.

R
Wasn't sure - after we set the White House on fire in 1814 I understand some of you still hold a grudge (of course right now I guess there are also those ready to strike a match themselves....)

>:)

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
We have been successfully printing Solstice and Sky wall plaques. Thanks to TS and Chickenwire for generating the printable files.

If you are registered for the 2018 Nationals and want a plaque, I am offering them for a donation of $19.00. The cost will go to the event charity. It takes 6 hours of print time to generate each plaque and a few meters of filament. I am donating the time and my costs.

The $19 covers includes delivery at the Nationals.

If you want yours mailed, add $7.00 for US mailing and $10.00 for Canadian mailing.

If you have a color preference let me know. I can't match car colors but you can choose from a few basic colors, red, orange, blue, green, white, black, yellow, gray, and silver.

The current design is about 7 inches wide. If you want a different size, I can do that within reason but on a case by case basis and at an additional cost.

Again, his is for those who have registered for the 2018 Nationals.

If you are interested, message me and I will get you my contact info.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Have continued the printing process. Most people will want to paint their plaques but I am printing them in a number of colors to give people options. I am doing about 2 a day and building up stock for when we get the 2018 Nationals website purchase option up and running. More to come.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Have continued the printing process. Most people will want to paint their plaques but I am printing them in a number of colors to give people options. I am doing about 2 a day and building up stock for when we get the 2018 Nationals website purchase option up and running. More to come.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I am working on the detailed event plan. Looking for volunteers to lead or help out with events. We have both runs leaving from the hotel and events AT the hotel. If you are interested in helping out or have a special event you want to perform, let me know please.

Hotel events include:
How to detail your car where we will do a full detail as a demo on an attendees car
Daily car show - different classes on each day
Cars and Coffee social event daily
Lunch on the roof daily
Movie nights where we will show car related movies
Dance night. The hotel is providing a dance floor on the roof and we will take advantage
Smoors and More. Nightly we have access to two gas fire pits for campfire activities.
Driver / maintenance training daily. Will put attendees car up on the portable lift, do a full checklist and training

Cruise events include:
Local half day or less mountain cruises, Mt Evans, Evergreen lunch/shopping, Idaho Springs dinner / shopping, Georgetown lunch / mine tour / train ride.

Day trips, Rocky Mountain National Park, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Gateway Resort and car museum, Palisade Wine tour.

We will also have a number of self guided cruises available and need a coordinator / instructor to provide advice and cruise materials to attendees who are adventurous.

If you are interested in lending a hand with any of the events, drop me a line and I will add you to the list. Then we can discuss which and how often.

thanks

RTE

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Rob, I'm getting closer to deciding which Kappa to bring to Nationals. So don't worry I'm still in the decision process, but I'll get there soon.

Looking at your list of volunteer items, I'd like to volunteer as the 'goofer' on the committee for:

"How to detail your car where we will do a full detail as a demo on an attendees car". This is a subject I have a lot of interest and want to be near and involved in any/some way, you decide. :thumbs:

21 - 40 of 180 Posts