Saturn Sky Forum banner

61 - 80 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
And

Campfire and S'mores
Dave is our club musician. He has kindly volunteered to provide a unique fun experience for those who would like to enjoy songs, jokes, and making gooey chocolate, gram cracker and marshmallow sandwiches while enjoying a "campfire". The hotel has fire pits on the pool deck that are outside under the stars and we get to use one for our campfire. It’s a great opportunity to sing some Colorado theme songs, relax and eat chocolate. Doesn't get better than that! If you want, bring your guitar and you can lead a song or two.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Campfire and S'mores
Dave is our club musician. He has kindly volunteered to provide a unique fun experience for those who would like to enjoy songs, jokes, and making gooey chocolate, gram cracker and marshmallow sandwiches while enjoying a "campfire". The hotel has fire pits on the pool deck that are outside under the stars and we get to use one for our campfire. It’s a great opportunity to sing some Colorado theme songs, relax and eat chocolate. Doesn't get better than that! If you want, bring your guitar and you can lead a song or two.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Subject to some updates, the car show plan is

We are planning on a mix of old and new car show events.
Voting
Our voting will all be based on voting by attendees and in one case by the hotel staff. Each car will be eligible to enter one of four classes. Each entrant will be provided with a voting device (a bucket) that will be placed in front of each car on show. Each attendee will be provided with a single voting chit for each class. They put their chit into the voting device for their selection in each class. The bucket with the most chits wins that class. We will be providing trophies for first place and runner up in each of the four classes plus on Friday there will be voting for people’s choice that will include all cars at the Nationals.
The classes are:
Factory Stock at 5 feet. This class is for cars with no visible modifications to the exterior and maintain a from the factory appearance. Tunes, exhaust, suspension mods are all ok. Custom paint or aftermarket body parts will be excluded from this class. The five-foot rule is to allow minor imperfections on a ten-year-old car to not detract from a well-cared for car that should be competitive in this class.

Modified Class. This class will include visible modifications up to an investment cost of $5000. Custom body panels, custom paint, custom interior all are allowable in this class, with an upper limit of $5000 invested. We are not asking for receipts, it’s the honor system but if you have a full custom interior and exterior then you probably don’t want to be in this class to be fair to everyone.

Highly Modified Class. This class can include any mod you can think of as long as it cost you more than $5000 and less than $24,999. This class will allow people who have spent a lot of money on their cars to compete as a group and with fair competition for everyone. If you spent $25,001 you are not in this class!

Open Class Modified. This if for the people with kappa modification disease (KMD). You spent more than $25000 on mods with no upper limit.

In all cases, entrants are free to conduct any kind of campaign to help sell their car to the judges. No money can change hands but you are free to engage with the judges in any manner you think will be effective

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Have a first cut at matching cruises to volunteers. Emailed it to them yesterday. Once we get the first draft reviewed will put it up on the site so people can begin signing up.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
You should come. You are an icon of the community and lots of people would love to enjoy your company.

what flavor of shirt would tickle your fancy? Got a design in mind? We are in the process of working on several different optional layouts. Would like your thoughts.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
You should come. You are an icon of the community and lots of people would love to enjoy your company.

what flavor of shirt would tickle your fancy? Got a design in mind? We are in the process of working on several different optional layouts. Would like your thoughts.
To date...I was always partial to the 2013 T Shirt of Flagstaff, Arizona...the route 66 design...do u still have that shirt?

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
We are getting ready to open up event selection on the 2018 website. We have the events identified, scheduled and need to finish up the event planning package. For cruises this will provide the information needed to execute the cruise and will be provided to each participant when they register for all cruises that they have signed up for. For hotel events, it will basically be a training plan that the event team will use as a guide for executing the event.

We will be contacting our volunteers to get them involved in finalizing the cruise and event plans in the next week.

Based on our web master's work load, we are targeting opening up registration in the next couple of weeks.

If you have a high desire for a specific cruise or event, I recommend you get your selections made early. :)

We are going to be opening up bidding on demonstrator cars for the maintenance classes and the detail classes. These two classes will provide in depth instruction in how to inspect and make minor repairs on a Kappa and the process for detailing your car from wash to sealing. The demonstrator cars will have the process applied to them during the class. Since we have limited spaces available we decided to allow people to bid for the slots with all proceeds going to charity.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Just sent out an email to all our volunteers. Want to confirm that I have a good email address for everyone then we can start working up the detailed plan for each event and firming up assignments. That is the necessary precursor to opening up sign up for events on the 2018 website. If you are a volunteer please check your email. If you want to volunteer, we have plenty for you to do. We can of course add more cruises as we get more volunteers. Right now we have 11 cruise destinations and 14 hotel events on the schedule. Most are offered several times over the course of the week.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Quick word about parking at the Nationals.

The Ameristar parking lot has about 250 marked parking spaces. We are working on a layout to include areas for vendors, hotel events, and parking for attendees.

We will be offering “group” parking to attendees who want to park together on a first come, first served basis. (Send me an email with the list of names. I will add this info to the registration tracking and let you know which spots are yours) In other words, if you want to park next to your friends, then let us know and we will make every effort to find spots adjacent to each other and put your name on them.

If you have a large group, please get your needs in early while we have the most open real estate to work with.

We are going to be numbering spaces using 4x4 black on white placards Your window sticker number will match your parking space number. The placards are yours to keep at the end of the event should you want to take them home and put them up in your garage. Saves us having to clean them up!

If you have a number that is near and dear to your heart where you want to park, also let me know and we will do our best to accommodate you.

If you have special needs also let us know. We are saving spots with the easiest access near the elevator for that purpose.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Dave Gilbert and his PAW crew are coming to he Nationals next June in Blackhawk. Get your orders in now for install at the Nationals. His schedule fills up quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I feel the need to expand on the parking numbering. If you want a unique number that falls between 011 and 200 then first come first served. No change.

I have been told that 001 through 011 are going to be "special" and be auctioned off to raise more $ for charity. I guess. :)

But if you want a number that falls OUTSIDE 011 through 200, we can and will accommodate that as long as you pay the cost of materials for a unique sticker and I guess I can print the parking placard in nylon on my 3d printer to match the number you want/need. Salvador is first with XXX number. That is roman numeral for 30. So in his case, he will get space 30 with an XXX sticker and an XXX space marker in addition to the 30 space marker.

Again so I can keep track, please email me with your requests.

So #38 and #30 are spoken for

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thinking about joining this event but won't know if we can make it until sometime after the new year. It's an 815 mile drive for us from Phoenix so most likely 2 days each each way. If enough people want to make a day trip to Grand Junction/Palisades for wine tasting would it be possible for us to meet up and not go all the way to BlackHawk? We go wine tasting frequently all over CA and AZ. Have been to wineries around Grand Junction but its been years! If we can't make it NAASSM would love to at least meet up with a few for some good wine!!

61 - 80 of 180 Posts