Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NAIAS 2005 Vehicle Introductions: (as of 12/28/04)

Worldwide Production (23)
*BMW 5-Series AWD
Cadillac STS-V
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Dodge Charger
*Ferrari Superamerica
Ford Fusion
Ford F-150 Harley
Honda Ridgeline
*Infiniti M45/M35
*Kia Rio
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
*Lexus GX 470
Lexus RX 330 thundercloud
Lincoln Zephyr
Lincoln Mark LT
*Mercedes-Benz M-Class
*Mini Cooper S auto. trans.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Mitsubishi Raider
Saturn Sky :thumbs
Subaru B9X
Toyota Avalon
*Porsche 911 Carrera, Carrera S Cabriolet

http://www2.naias.com/main.asp?sectionID=22&visitorType=1

·
Registered
727 Posts
A few notables on that list! ;)

The Sky is definately one of the more exciting intros, but there are some other very intriguing cars on that list too!

The Corvette Z06 is definitely a highly anticipated car. Just how much horsepower will it end up with? Also the Cadillac STS-V. Will it get an LS2 as the CTS-V is, or will GM’s supercharged Northstar be ready to go?

Still, the Sky tops the list for me. Not only because it is Solstice related, but because it is a car I could potentially be able to afford!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I also wanted to point out one of the World Wide Concept cars too. In non-car related info Aura is a probe launched recently to do scans and tests on the planet Saturn. But what is the car?
*Saturn Aura
And also what the * means. It means there will be more cars shown then this Aura and Sky.
*More intros are planned but have not been publicly announced.
I'm definately interested in what the Z06 will really end up being, and mainly it's pricing too. I really want to see what the new Mitsubishi Eclipse looks like as well. I'm very much hoping the other Porsche cars shown include the unveiling of the Coupe Boxster.

·
Registered
727 Posts
My guess on the Saturn Aura is that it is the epsilon based sedan GM is giving Saturn. One of their press releases indicated that Saturn would be showing a concept of their upcoming sedan. This has to be it, unless Saturn has a third concept to show!

The eclipse could also be intriguing. However, I am a little skeptical of it just the same. From what I have seen so far, it sounds like it will remain on the Galant platform, which has really taken the fun out of the current model. They should move it over to the Lancer platform and incorporate some AWD turbo drivetrains again! :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've read in previous GM news releases that Saturn would be showing 2 of their 3 new vehicles at NAIAS this coming year (2005). But the * indicates there will be more Saturn releases then just the Sky and Aura. They said in the news bitws I've read that one is the Sky, one is the mid size car, and the other a mid size SUV or some such, but only two of those would be show. So I wonder what the * inidcates then. Maybe the new styling redesign of some other cars?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't know what else they will have. I am fairly certain the sedan is the other vehicle that will certainly be there. Maybe they are on showing planning the crossover SUV as well. Or maybe they will surprise us with something else!

Its funny. Last year I basically walked through the Saturn display at the NAIAS and didn't take a second look, and this year it could be one of the main attractions! Thats quite a turnaround!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts