Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Very important question: Are there mini refrigerators in the rooms at the Sheraton? I'm booked at the Sheraton, but will jump ship for the Fairfield to get the fridge in the room.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Very important question: Are their mini refrigerators in the rooms at the Sheraton? I'm booked at the Sheraton, but will jump ship for the Fairfield to get the fridge in the room.

Thanks!
You might want to call them to be sure but I jumped ship ;)
I have to keep my yogurt handy.

·
Super Moderator
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Can we get a code to book it on line?? I like my reservations to show up in my Marriott rewards account.
As far as I have been able to learn, Marriott doesn't handle local room blocks on line. Won't it show up in your account if it is booked with your rewards number?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You might want to call them to be sure but I jumped ship ;)
I have to keep my yogurt handy.
Yeah. We pretty much decided we are jumping to the Fairfield, but one of us in the group is stuck at the Sheraton. Stupid committee people that help out with these events! What are they thinking?!? ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I called and confirmed...the Sheraton does not have mini-fridges in their rooms. They only have 7 or 8 available.
I'll be jumping to the Fairfield!

·
Super Moderator
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah. We pretty much decided we are jumping to the Fairfield, but one of us in the group is stuck at the Sheraton. Stupid committee people that help out with these events! What are they thinking?!? ;) :lol:
One of your group isn't "stuck" anywhere. He can stay wherever he wants to.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Sorry if this is a newbie question. Since this will be my first Nationals I was wondering if there will be detailing type "vendors" there? I can't pack my wash bucket so I was hoping there are some in attendance. Not that I'm entering any shows but I still like my car to look nice.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Sorry if this is a newbie question. Since this will be my first Nationals I was wondering if there will be detailing type "vendors" there? I can't pack my wash bucket so I was hoping there are some in attendance. Not that I'm entering any shows but I still like my car to look nice.
Each year, from what I remember, the organizers have gotten the hotels to provide a "wash" area with car wash materials, hoses and buckets, where we intrepid drivers can clean up after our long drives.

Would that work for you?

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
As far as I have been able to learn, Marriott doesn't handle local room blocks on line. Won't it show up in your account if it is booked with your rewards number?
Called the Fairfield and made the reservation. It has already showed up on my rewards account. :woo:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
One of your group isn't "stuck" anywhere. He can stay wherever he wants to.
Hahaha! I think they will be ok at the Sheraton! Well...unless we all end up at their room again, which the Sheraton might kick us out! :lol:

Hey, I was telling Glenn last week - if you all need any help, let us know. I would prefer not to lead a run, but I'm happy to sweep. I didn't want to fill out the leader question/contact thinger since we know I'll try to weasel my way out of leading if I can! :grin:
But more than just helping on runs - let us know when you are ready! We all got together and we agreed - the NEO Kappas are at your disposal! Use us and abuse us!!

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Each year, from what I remember, the organizers have gotten the hotels to provide a "wash" area with car wash materials, hoses and buckets, where we intrepid drivers can clean up after our long drives.

Would that work for you?

:dunno:

That will work!

However it does shoot down the vision of me sitting back drinking a bloody mary while some bikini clad college co-ed is playing all sudsy with FLASHED 0:)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That will work!

However it does shoot down the vision of me sitting back drinking a bloody mary while some bikini clad college co-ed is playing all sudsy with FLASHED 0:)
Then put on your entrepreneur hat, hire a tent, get some bikini clad coed for the guys and a few muscular young men for the women owners, and set up a car wash/detail operation in the parking lot. You'll probably need to kick in a few bucks to the hotels, but I'm guessing it'll be a hit, if the weather cooperates.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Then put on your entrepreneur hat, hire a tent, get some bikini clad coed for the guys and a few muscular young men for the women owners, and set up a car wash/detail operation in the parking lot. You'll probably need to kick in a few bucks to the hotels, but I'm guessing it'll be a hit, if the weather cooperates.

I just had a flashback to Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Linked youtube video just in case you're currently slacking off at work stealering dah free interwebs

Maybe NSFW but nothing bad

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

Find some local charity High School / college swim team??? Not sure how much they would make but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
There will definitely be do-it-yourself car wash areas with hoses, buckets, and a variety of car washing soaps, sponges, brushes, etc. You will need your own towels and, if you are foolish enough to use cotton, I have been told by the hotels that they will be watching for people using theirs. It seems they have hosted automobile events before .....

We are looking at some of the local detail shops to see if we can work out a deal for one or more of them to offer professional detailing. I am not making any statements whatsoever about bikinis or muscles, except to say that "You never know."

Regarding runs and their leaders: I haven't started pushing it yet, but so far I have had exactly zero people respond to the website questionnaire about their choices of runs to lead, and no run leaders means no runs.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The resort we have used for a long time for our WISols Dells weekend has been providing us with (well used) cotton towels for the past several years. They leave a bunch of well-worn half towels at each of the entrance/exit doors to the parking lot, and they expect us to use the proffered towels on the cars rather than the towels from the rooms. It works well for them, and we get free car towels.

It doesn't work if the hotel is renting towels and linens from a service, but if they own there own towels and linens and launder them on site, they always have some that are well worn or torn or otherwise too damaged to put back into service in the rooms. It costs the hotel practically nothing to provide the towels to their car crazy room renting customers.

I know we appreciated having a towel available, if needed, for our use in the cars.

It's too bad that they decided to bring in a larger group on the weekend we always went there, so we're trying a different resort this year. We'll be sharing the parking lot with Corvettes this fall.

Anyway, just an idea.

:wink:

21 - 40 of 76 Posts