Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hello All: As has been noted, the website will be up on July 15. To kick things off I thought I'd mention that the website we chose was capable of ecommerce meaning that the process of registering and buying t-shirts, coins, etc. will be like any other online store. You click on the item you like, choose the number of items you with to purchase, add it to your cart and then pay through PayPal. We hope that enough folks have done online shopping that this will be straight forward. At any time you'll also be able to return to make additional purchases...an extra t-shirt or whatever. Upon completion of registration you'll get two emails, one from PayPal and one from us. If you lose track of your confirmations you will be able to go to the website, click on the "Who's Coming?" link and find your name. To keep some anonymity you would find me by looking for "RickH" from Washington State...you should be able to find yourself and the runs for which you've signed up. More on other stuff later.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hello, this week's coming attraction is for the NASSAM 2020 runs that will be available. On our website (coming July 15th) you'll be able to click on the link for runs and find descriptions and maps for each run. There are four guided runs and two unguided. The unguided runs are to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse, we figured there would be just so many different desires for time to be spent at each that folks could get together if they wished to stay for an hour, some longer. There are also evening shows at those locations. The other four runs are Badlands, Custer State Park (including the Needles Highway and Iron Mountain Road), Devils Tower and Spearfish Canyon. Each has been carefully planned with many stops to...uh...well...use the restroom. :) Hope to see you in 2020. Oh, and before anyone asks, as noted on the Runs page there will be Garmin files available as of September 1st. I want to make one more pass in August before I publish those.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I want to make one more pass in August before I publish those.
Going during Sturgis Bike Week? If I have the dates figured correctly (first full week after the first full weekend of August), it should start ramping up around July 27th and run through Aug 11th or so.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Going during Sturgis Bike Week? If I have the dates figured correctly (first full week after the first full weekend of August), it should start ramping up around July 27th and run through Aug 11th or so.
No, not bike week. A bit later in August and hopefully a little quieter. :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The dates are fantastic and we plan to make the event. If I can get there I am up for leading a run. Have been doing them for the FJ Summit for 12 years doing three runs at each event.
The dates also work out well for a trip to the College World Series in Omaha it appears. The wife is all excited about that. Chance to go home for a day or two for both of us. Let me know if we can be of assistance. 44th Sky call me, I owe you an apology!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The dates are fantastic and we plan to make the event. If I can get there I am up for leading a run. Have been doing them for the FJ Summit for 12 years doing three runs at each event.
The dates also work out well for a trip to the College World Series in Omaha it appears. The wife is all excited about that. Chance to go home for a day or two for both of us. Let me know if we can be of assistance. 44th Sky call me, I owe you an apology!!!!!!!
Thanks for the offer, but at the moment we've many volunteers. if something changes, we'll keep you in mind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi folks, our next coming attraction on the website. We have a page called "The Basics" that will tell you all of the when, where, how and how much ($$). After looking at the photos on the home page you might want to start with the basics and then have a look at the "Calendar" page with the day-by-day schedule of events. We'll be getting our committee to start final website testing shortly so hopefully we'll get them to find any last improvements before going live. Best regards. Rick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
In testing the website we came up with a new thing! If you are bringing TWO cars; please note that you will process two separate registrations and payments in two different transactions. Register the first car individually and complete payment before returning to register the second car. For each car simply list a driver with no navigator. Each car will be separately numbered with its own goodie bag. Please order t-shirts for the occupant of that car so we can insure correct t-shirts get into the correct goodie bags. Yeah, I know this only applies to about eight people, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

So please note: The registration fee is per person, not per car. If folks bring two cars like my wife and me, she registers herself as driver of her car with no navigator. Separately, I register myself as driver with no navigator of my car.

If we had a more sophisticated website we could have provided an option for a couple to register two people, two cars and pay once...but we're pretty limited on what we can do in that regard.

That said, if ONE person really wanted to bring TWO cars, they would pay only one registration fee, but they would need to send us an email at [email protected] so we know there is a second vehicle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Good Morning: I received a PM, so I thought I'd better reiterate. The website is in final testing, and we're waiting for the hotel to open registrations. We will have the website up July 15 for your perusal, registration, etc. Karen will look into putting up something at nassam2020.com saying "Coming July 15, please join us in Rapid City for NASSAM 2020!" In the meantime, our apologies for any confusion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Maybe put off posting about the website until it is available?
As noted over on the Solstice forum, we thought it might be kind of fun to give some previews. Over on Facebook the response has been almost entirely positive in the dozens of responses. I just thought I'd try something a little different this year. Hopefully my silly idea has been fun for most. I'm just trying to balance the interest with folks who've already asked to get started. Don' the best we can here. :)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I think it's fine to post progress, but the way the earlier ones were worded was a bit confusing - implying the site was up. IMO, if you had prefaced each of the posts with "Website is not yet up, but latest progress is...", it might have satisfied all.

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
I think it's fine to post progress, but the way the earlier ones were worded was a bit confusing - implying the site was up. IMO, if you had prefaced each of the posts with "Website is not yet up, but latest progress is...", it might have satisfied all.
Exactly the point I was attempting to make. Thanks, TS.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hello Everyone. As promised it is July 15th and our 2020 website is up and running - https://www.nassam2020.com/. Please feel free to read through the "Basics" page for the who, what, when, where and how much ($$). The registration page works just like any other online store. Click on the link to that page, and then by clicking the "Registration" button you can walk through the process of signing up, choosing whether to buy t-shirts, posters, coins and patches. The hotel reservations page has a link to the hotel website, just choose your dates and you should be on your way. You may also call the hotel directly with the information provided on that page. And don't forget to check in once in a while to see if there is anything new by clicking on our "What's New" page. We'll update that as any plans change or any updates are made. And, of course, if you need any help or would like to comment just contact us at [email protected]. Hope to see you in Rapid City in 2020.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
You can help with the daily maintenance class. We will have several instructors so people can go on runs and we can still execute the class. You get a free PunisheR at 2020 maintenance class shirt!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Here is your fun fact for the week. We have 37 registrations all paid in full. There are 6 folks who made hotel reservations all get registered (please do as soon as you can firm up plans). And add to that 2 folks who have requested runs (again, please register when you have a chance)...we have a total of 45 cars showing up. That's the news until next Monday. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hello Everyone: Hey, someone submitted a question pertaining to our items for sale. We have offered the event poster, t-shirts, a coin and a patch...so the question was raised about whether we considered offering hats as well. That has been done in the past and has represented a lot of work. That said we did think about offering hats and decided against it for this year. But thanks to the individual who asked. We appreciate the interest.

·
Registered
945 Posts
BUMP....Hey, just a friendly reminder. Please take a few minutes to book a room. It would be helpful if you register, but at least grab yourself a room.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
How do I order a T Shirt?
Typically folks order things as a part of the registration process, the assumption being that you will be at the event to pick up whatever you've ordered. We have not included shipping in the cost of each item. That said, if you just want to order a t-shirt, and have it mailed to you we'd ask for you to perhaps also include in your order a monetary contribution to our charity of...lets say $25. We could use a few dollars to ship your t-shirt and donate the rest.

To order any item go to https://www.nassam2020.com/store, and follow your nose. It works like any other online store. If you still have questions please send an email to [email protected].

41 - 60 of 79 Posts