Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my G/F a new Sky (we are taking delivery tomorrow, 4 month wait, Saturn of Cerritos). Do you guys know if anyone has installed a Navigation system in their Sky? She has had a Pioneer AVIC-N1 in her P/T Crusier for the last couple of years and has become very attached to it. The dash board configuration appears to me to be quite after-market unfriendly. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Anything Garmin

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have to admit, I got the navigation system in my car and I absolutely love it. I love it, love it, love it. Thomas Guide who???? It also tells me how fast I'm going, how fast I've gone, the furthest I've driven (which I think was in yesterdays drive, or though it felt...), and it's all satelite, so it won't steer you wrong like mapquest or yahoo maps. I have to admit, one of the better surprises with my car! Seriously. It's a Garmin and it's portable, so I can take it out of the car without worrying about it being stolen.

I would, however, recommend you buy it on your own so you don't pay such high mark-ups. If you're all about convenience like me though, I didn't mind because they did it and it was thrown into my payments, which made things easier. ya know?

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I would stay portable... easier updates and move from car to car as my SKY will sit all winter. Usually cheaper too

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have a Garmen c340 and would not go out of town without it! I just think it has one of the best with the most location stop information programs and easiest to operate. But the other makes are good and each model of every brand has options to pick from. Of course, the more it can do the more you pay. So review each, choose options you want in a GPS and then shop around for the best price.
I prefer the portable units because they are easier to update with your PC and can go from car to car. :thumbs:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Angelqute1,

Did you have some pictures of the install of the system? Is it easy to see/is it distracting?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts