Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline "The Beast"
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang!
Some ahole(s) slashed my top to the headliner underneath a few days ago. MFs!
Where could I get an OEM one, including the headliner below, and whatever other parts I would need to be complete?
What should I note with the instillation?
(2008 Redline)

Thanks for all sensible and helpful replies!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline "The Beast"
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your thoughts here? Would changing the color top (black car) from black to burgundy or dark blue devalue or cheapen the car's look?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Your thoughts here? Would changing the color top (black car) from black to burgundy or dark blue devalue or cheapen the car's look?
The market can be funny. Might look great on the car, but could influence/limit the buyer market. How it,looks with your interior will be a factor.. kind of a shame that these cars were so limited(like everything else) with color options and combinations.
Bottom line is it’s your car, and you can do what you like. Mine is silver/black top, but I bet it would look good with a navy top.
Fact that anyone is now offering replacement tops is encouraging.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Fact that anyone is now offering replacement tops is encouraging.
Yes, but it is unclear to me what they are really providing. I would assume that it is just the top covering material, but then why would they need your old top material to be sent to them. I would think that all they would need is the glass.

It seems a little strange to me...has anyone here actually used them yet?

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
Yes, but it is unclear to me what they are really providing. I would assume that it is just the top covering material, but then why would they need your old top material to be sent to them. I would think that all they would need is the glass.

The description I have seen for a top replacement is that they use everything except the old canvas, so they need the frame, glass, etc. The canvas is glued and riveted to the frame, so replacing it is not trivial.

Reactions: moms car

·
Registered
214 Posts

Check out their website. It will provide the details you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,335 Posts
Chickenwire on the Sol forum found a source for a new replacement top. Its not factory but puts new canvas on your frame. You can ask him. I think he had a local shop that did the install and an online supplier who fabricated the replacement top. he was very happy with the result.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Someday all of us should chip in and purchase a Sky on copart - who ever gets the car would be responsible for parting it out. I need fenders and a driver seat. I'm interested in a front facia cover.

·
Registered
2007 emerald green 2.4
153 Posts
Redlineautoparts.com in orlando often has good tops off of wrecked Kappa's. I found a really decent black top to replace my old beige one. Spent months trying to figure out any other options and at way less than anyone would "re skin" the top. Way easier to just swap the whole top instead of figuring out a donor frame or sending mine out. I still have the old top, but shipping it anywhere seems to be more than it would be worth for just a donor..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts