Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
Thanks everyone, also is that the fix for both codes? Replacing both the intake and exhaust solenoids?

The car is still throwing the P0302 that it originally was when I took it in haha..... Just took the car out to see if it would throw any more codes. The flashing CEL came on after a hard acceleration from 0-50 ish think it hit 16 PSI.

As of now the codes are

P0302(again)
P0011 -
I found a video for replacing the solenoids so Ill be doing those myself.
P0014
First, a flashing CEL is dangerous, it basically means "Stop what you are doing now, serious damage is possible!"

P0302 is a misfire in cylinder 2, and the solenoids will not fix it. The normal first check is to switch the coil packs between cylinder 2 and any other cylinder to see if the misfire follows the coil.

P0011 and P0014 are solenoid codes, and replacement will probably solve them.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Put the black one on the intake side and the gray one on the exhaust side. The upper picture shows them in the wrong locations.

·
Registered
2008 RL
54 Posts
Doubt it fixes a single cylinder misfire.

Since you have new coils and plugs, assuming there is no installation error, you are more likely pointing towards a dirty valve or injector.

As they mentioned, the pic above is just to show you where the solenoids are, so you can do it yourself. They were just stolen from the HHR site, so dont use them as a guide for install colors.

BTW: dont touch your coils or plugs. You should have a minimum 12month/12k mile warranty on work performed. If theyre bad, the shop needs to make it right. If you swap stuff around and admit to it, theyll try to claim you broke a connector just to weasel out of warranty.

You paid ~$400 for plugs coil and diagnosis. They owe you that much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doubt it fixes a single cylinder misfire.

Since you have new coils and plugs, assuming there is no installation error, you are more likely pointing towards a dirty valve or injector.

As they mentioned, the pic above is just to show you where the solenoids are, so you can do it yourself. They were just stolen from the HHR site, so dont use them as a guide for install colors.

BTW: dont touch your coils or plugs. You should have a minimum 12month/12k mile warranty on work performed. If theyre bad, the shop needs to make it right. If you swap stuff around and admit to it, theyll try to claim you broke a connector just to weasel out of warranty.

You paid ~$400 for plugs coil and diagnosis. They owe you that much.
Hi, I have a 2007 Sky Redline and I've had it looked at twice now for a P0302 code that was supposedly fixed. Each time I took it back to the mechanic. Basically the check engine light came on every time I was driving home from the shop (shop was about 30 miles away). In the first visit to the shop I got the car back and it was rough idling which it didn't do previously. The second time I picked it up, the check engine light immediately began flashing as soon as I accelerated onto the the highway off of a ramp and then stayed lit. I wasn't driving it hard, the boost didn't even hit 7PSI.

Below is the image of the service details provided by the shop.
View attachment 115784

Anyways, the point of this post was to see if there were any known mechanics or shops that people have taken their Sky Redlines in and left happy with no problems. I am in the Central Florida area and have means to get the car to the right place in order to fix it. From what I understand, this is the same engine in the Cobalt SS cars, I was curious if Chevy dealers would look at the engine to figure out what's wrong.
hey. Can you call me 407-415-5518. I have an 08 that was doing the same thing. I can Leo you but it’s a ton of stuff to write. Such an easy fix it will blow your mind!

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
hey. Can you call me . I have an 08 that was doing the same thing. I can Leo you but it’s a ton of stuff to write. Such an easy fix it will blow your mind!
An easy fix should be easy to type, and I'm certain that the rest of the forum would be interested.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts