Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just sold my old chrysler labaron conv and have some money to burn. i am planing on ordering the windscreen but not sure what i want

the plain one with senoff's or the lighted one need feedback please

·
Registered
444 Posts
ok i just sold my old chrysler labaron conv and have some money to burn. i am planing on ordering the windscreen but not sure what i want

the plain one with senoff's or the lighted one need feedback please
I have Senoff's and love it!

I looks & works very well! So easy to install, 15 seconds and I was done; forever!!

I have a RL coming in and just ordered another one from him!

There are 5 Sky's in my city and 4 of them have windscreens and all of them are from Jay!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Get the Etched windscreen with LED lights!

I've got the etched, LED windscreen and I love it! See?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get the windrestrictor windscreen

Get the windrestrictor windscreen. Robert will work tirelessly to make you happy. I bought the lighted one and wired it to my brake light and it has an awesome look. So many people ask about it. Very well made and a simple installation along with the wiring. The wind noise reduction is very good. You will not be disappointed........

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have my windscreen being custom lazer itched in my town. It will be high in detail and I need to be present to describe it ,thats why I didnt go with the online windrestrictor itched screen but his work looks good! IM also lining the entire bottom of the screen with leds not just one strip. I also will set it up to get power off the rear brake light wich is hot at all time, and set up to turn on when ever i turn my stock switch to parking lights or my headlamps.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
little curious, but doesn't having the LED Windscreen kinda cut your rear mirror view at night? heh heh. I'm probably going to get one anyway, just thought i'd ask. Also....as much as i'd want it wired to my brake light, i kinda want the option to have it wired to an auxilary switch at the same time.....argg

·
Registered
173 Posts
No IFs ANDs or BUTs...it is Richard ....u cannot beat his work and good will to please you. Don't even think about another dealer. This is a no brainer :thumbs:
Mike I think you meant Robert not Richard, right?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hold off buying until after the Dells Run. There will be examples of each of the vendor's offerings on the cars that will be there. You might as well see, and touch, all of the available offerings before deciding which you want.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hold off buying until after the Dells Run. There will be examples of each of the vendor's offerings on the cars that will be there. You might as well see, and touch, all of the available offerings before deciding which you want.
thank you i might just do that i just got an e-mail from robert and now i am going to do up a couple of disigns i am thinking of. i want to do something that is in memory of my parents,

knowing my dad if he were still around he would have had a race with me to see who got their sky first because he would have ordered one to.

there is a few other things i want to talk to everyone at the dells run about what kind of cleaners and things they use because i do not want to get something that is not right for my baby.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have Jay's for my wifes Sky. And I am ready to order another one for my Red Line. Here's my dilema. My wife, sons and myself have and have had Saturn Ion Red Lines with LED lights for illumination in the headlights as well as full LED under car lights. We have all been stopped and #2 son ticketed for "illegal lights"...twice! Now mind you these undercar lights do not " project" various color lights forward or reward, they project down. It seems that our local Law enforcement officials view these as illegal and threaten Jail time if used. Both tickets that #2 received were thrown out by the judge..it seems a deputy mistook my sons orange lights for red. And I proved it by takeing the lite kit in and showing the judge...he and I both agreed that the deputy needs to have a eye exam. So my point is that here in central Fl, if you drive a vehicle w/a colored lite in your field of view you are subject to being harased and ticketed. Has Windretrictor advised that this may be a issue while using his product ( in some states ) ? I'm just curious. But I would think it would be a distraction seeing the illuminated artwork in your rear view mirror....as well as the cops lights pulling you over for a citation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
has anyone have problems with putting the top up with the windretrictor on? i was advise by my salesman that the windscreen might damage your rear window and would cause your rear defroster to break. i just recieved my windretrictor today and i was unsure about upping up the top since it was a close fit and the windscreen was touching the glass on the rear window.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have Jay's for my wifes Sky. And I am ready to order another one for my Red Line. Here's my dilema. My wife, sons and myself have and have had Saturn Ion Red Lines with LED lights for illumination in the headlights as well as full LED under car lights. We have all been stopped and #2 son ticketed for "illegal lights"...twice! Now mind you these undercar lights do not " project" various color lights forward or reward, they project down. It seems that our local Law enforcement officials view these as illegal and threaten Jail time if used. Both tickets that #2 received were thrown out by the judge..it seems a deputy mistook my sons orange lights for red. And I proved it by takeing the lite kit in and showing the judge...he and I both agreed that the deputy needs to have a eye exam. So my point is that here in central Fl, if you drive a vehicle w/a colored lite in your field of view you are subject to being harased and ticketed. Has Windretrictor advised that this may be a issue while using his product ( in some states ) ? I'm just curious. But I would think it would be a distraction seeing the illuminated artwork in your rear view mirror....as well as the cops lights pulling you over for a citation.
Make your winscreens LEDS red so you can say its a brake light, then tell the cop to suck it, thats my plans. It will work like a charm =)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Do a research and you will find information on installing a switch so you can turn the lights on at a car show or only when you want them on. You can wire them with brake lights (my plan) so they are a brake light or connect with running lights.

Each state's laws differ (like with radar detectors) so check with your DMV. Some have restrictions on what color lights on exterior of vehicle. If they act as an extension with brake lights, you most likely will be fine.

As for if any of these units rub against rear glass window... it has been discussed and with small clear bumper stick-ons most come with now ... you can leave them on and they do not interfer or rub with top up or down.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Robert is the best, hands down, heck I have bought one for each of my babies, I was against them in the beginning, but I have been converted, Praise Robert!!!!!!:thumbs:
hey ernest,

i ordered my windrestrictor with robert the other day he should have the proof for me today so i can ok it but have to wait till i get home to check e-mail. i can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
has anyone have problems with putting the top up with the windretrictor on? i was advise by my salesman that the windscreen might damage your rear window and would cause your rear defroster to break. i just recieved my windretrictor today and i was unsure about upping up the top since it was a close fit and the windscreen was touching the glass on the rear window.
All of the windscreens (except the GM one) are good.

You can apply a couple of small transparent viny bumpers to the edge of the rear window to keep the windscreen from touching the glass and possibly breaking the rear defroster element.

·
Registered
11 Posts
GM wind screen

Saw a post lower in this thread saying that the GM wind screen is not very good. Are the other AM alternatives really that much better?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts