Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I'm sure alot of you know...Tommorrow night I am going to decide whether or not to put in aftermarket red catskin leather inserts and remove the black factory leather that is in there now...the reason is... my dealership ordered the wrong color exterior on mine coming in....but has a silver pearl in stock that I can take....but with the black interior.

The dealership has agreed to pay for any custom leather work I want...within reason..........

Now the big questions.

1. is catskin brand leather as good as the factory leather..if so.....

2. Put in the red seat inserts with the Sky logo embroidered at the top of each seat....so in a nutshell an all black interior with the white stitching..and red seat inserts with red stitching.

3. or try to totally match the factory red/black leather with inserts and logos, panels and steering wheel.

4. or stay with the black factory leather

Thanx for any feedback! It is our dream car and tommorrow we must decide which path to take!:willy: :willy: :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
chris67 said:
Now the big questions.

1. keep the black interior and ask for some money off on the Sky.
I would say that depends. How badly would you like a colored interior? Keep in mind you could always do this later if it really bothered you. Also, how much would the dealership be willing to take off? If it's a somewhat significant amount, I would say suck it up and DIY later. JMO, it's all up to you and what you really want.

chris67 said:
2. is catskin brand leather as good as the factory leather..if so.....
Katzkin is better than factory leather (except maybe Atacama or Benz and RR bovines :cool:). All colors and textures available. For example, wouldnt it be cool to have a two tone interior, black leather and gray ostrich? silver or green alligator maybe? :D Have you checked out their website katzkin.com ?

chris67 said:
3. Put in the red seat inserts with the Sky logo embroidered at the top of each seat....so in a nutshell an all black interior with the white stitching..and red seat inserts with red stitching.
See answer 1.

chris67 said:
3. or try to totally match the factory red/black leather with inserts and logos, panels and steering wheel.
Also see 1.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top