Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm still in shock, but my dealer just called with a car like I ordered but with a few upgrades. He asked me if I want it. I have a few questions to ask as he couldn't tell me. The VIN is 1G8MG35X67Y110366. I want to know if this was produced before or after the production halt. If it was before, I think I would prefer to wait, as they have an allocation to order my car this week. Can you tell from the VIN when this was built? Can anyone help me here, pleeeezzzzzee? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Aside from comparing to others' VINs here, can you ask your dealer to tell you the build month on the sticker in the drivers door frame?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Aside from comparing to others' VINs here, can you ask your dealer to tell you the build month on the sticker in the drivers door frame?
I guess they don't physically have the car yet. He said it would be in tomorrow. He said he would check on this for me, but I want to be educated with my decision. I think he said it was built September 25, but then he wasn't sure. I thought that was during the black out. Hmmmmm???? I just checked some of the posts and that was during the production halt. Me thinks the dealer is messing with me! Maybe deluke would know by the VIN. Are you out there deluke???? Or are you out driving around in your new baby? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Well, if it was built 9/25, that's certainly before the production restart from scanning threads in that date range.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if it was built 9/25, that's certainly before the production restart from scanning threads in that date range.
Thanks for your input. I did check some of the posts, and 9/25 was after the production halt. I will wait for the dealer to do his homework and let me know tomorrow. I also asked about the price protection and whether this would be protected, and he said he has to check with corporate. As much as I want the car, I am not foolish to take something before I do some more checking. Also, as a side note, they use regular gas, not premium and told me NOT to use premium. What's with that? We have had a discussion on this forum about octane, and everyone voted for premium. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wait...because u will now get the new height adjuster seat and pw locks...select don't settle
Thanks, Mike. I definitely won't settle. :nono: That is why I am trying to weigh everything. If I take delivery this week, I will only be able to drive it for three weeks and then have to garage it due to having surgery on my rotator cuff. I won't be able to shift for awhile, so the wait wouldn't be too bad for me. I want the latest and greatest!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Marlboromike makes a good point as well. I don't think dealers get reimbursed much for gas if I heard and remember right, so not a big surprise that your first tank isn't premium. Doesn't sound like the end of the world, but I'd rather see how others weigh in on that. All things considered, if you've got a RL coming fairly soon, I'd hold off and wait.

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Don't believe that dealers give u a full tank on the house...u r paying for it. They have a nice name for it...but u r certainly paying for it. It's like when they advertise the second one is for free....give me the free and see if they give u FREE. It is false advertisement at best. I don't know why the BBB does not forbid this type of advertisement...The word should be included because nothing is for free. Second one is INCLUDED

·
Registered
187 Posts
Also, as a side note, they use regular gas, not premium and told me NOT to use premium. What's with that? We have had a discussion on this forum about octane, and everyone voted for premium. :confused: :confused:
If you look at Saturn's website it's quite clear that Sky's run on 87 octane unleaded but premium is recomended. The Sky is the only Saturn that premium is recomended for, your dealer is simply ignorant of the differences between the Sky engines and normal Saturns.

Go here http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/sky/pricing.jsp and click 'specs', look at the fuel section.

·
Registered
462 Posts
glad i am last in line

with all the problems with the LSD and other items, guess I am glad I got my order put in September, maybe I will get a car in the spring when I can drive it. Raining like crazy in Oregon now, probably would not get out much until April or May anyway. Hope I get one anyway.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Thanks, Mike. I definitely won't settle. :nono: That is why I am trying to weigh everything. If I take delivery this week, I will only be able to drive it for three weeks and then have to garage it due to having surgery on my rotator cuff. I won't be able to shift for awhile, so the wait wouldn't be too bad for me. I want the latest and greatest!!!! :D
OK enough already...Gee wiz gosh ...Go with your gut feeling and it is wait. Don't jump but wait . Iffen you look at the concensus here it is wait, wait, wait. ....Skip..WAIT it does get better....:) :) :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Mike is right. If you about to have your order preferenced just wait as it will be built and shipped shortly. I just got a pre-halt Redline. The power seat would have been nice, but no power door lock button is a real pain in the butt. Beside, get your surgery and take as much time as possible to take delivery. Your money stays where it is and you don't have to make insurance payments.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the dealer is just saving pennies on his wallet...the dealer knows.
I'm sure the dealer is watching their pennies. It was weird, because I went to see the new RL they had and went with the sales guy for a ride around the block to get it gassed and ready for delivery. It was a really BIG block! :D Then we went to the gas station, and he had to call his office to see what gas to put in it. :confused: At any rate, thanks again to everyone for your input. I think I shall wait to make sure I get what I want and ordered. You are the best! Hanging out here on this forum has given me the knowledge to deal. Oh, and BTW, I told them about Robert's Windrestrictor and a clear bra (politically correct is "face mask"), and they asked for more information on them. I sent them a link to both. By being a part of this forum, I feel empowered with the information I need to make an intelligent decision...besides being entertained by many of you. It is such a pleasure and I hope to meet many of you! :grouphug:

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Drive cross country and I will fill your tank up...Premium of course :thumbs:...just under 2 dollars a gallon in Jersey but as u see, elections r over and prices r going up again.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Here is what I can pull up with the VIN#

1G8MG35X67Y110366 - Event Code 5000 - Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
  • Primary Color: 67U - Silver Pearl
  • Trim: 025 - Red
  • Engine: LNF - Engine 2.0L DOHC 16V 8-4 Ecotec,Turbocharged
  • Transmission: MM5 - Transmission, Aisin 5 spd manual, short throw
Options:
  • 19T : Black
  • N34 : Steering whl, leathr wrapd w cruse & drv info ctr
  • 1SZ : Option Package Discount
  • PD5 : Wheels, 18 inch alloy, chrome
  • B70 : Sill plates, metallic finish
  • QSL : Tires, P245/45R18 performance radial
  • C60 : Air conditioning, manual controls
  • SLM : Stock Order
  • D48 : Mirrors, outside rervw, break-away, bdy clr, pwr
  • UK3 : Auxiliary audio controls, steering wheel
  • D52 : Spoiler, rear decklid
  • UQ3 : Monsoon premium audio system
  • FE3 : Suspension Suspension, Indp frt, indp rear
  • US9 : AM/FM 6 disc CD/MP3 w RDS spd cmpstd,vlm,thftlk
  • G80 : Differential, limited slip
  • VG8 : Notice to Buyer Label
  • JF5 : Pedal covers, stainless steel
  • VK3 : License plate bracket, front
  • JL4 : Stabiltrak-Stability Control
  • YF5 : California Emissions
  • JL9 : Brakes, anti-lock with dynamic rear proportioning
There you go...

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would wait unless you want an early VIN...

Check out my sig for VIN and delivery date (build in AUG). We don't have the door unlock button which is a minor issue, but my wife would like the seat height adjust option.

Also, to date no problems with our LSD.

R1chy

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is what I can pull up with the VIN#

1G8MG35X67Y110366 - Event Code 5000 - Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
  • Primary Color: 67U - Silver Pearl
  • Trim: 025 - Red
  • Engine: LNF - Engine 2.0L DOHC 16V 8-4 Ecotec,Turbocharged
  • Transmission: MM5 - Transmission, Aisin 5 spd manual, short throw
Options:
  • 19T : Black
  • N34 : Steering whl, leathr wrapd w cruse & drv info ctr
  • 1SZ : Option Package Discount
  • PD5 : Wheels, 18 inch alloy, chrome
  • B70 : Sill plates, metallic finish
  • QSL : Tires, P245/45R18 performance radial
  • C60 : Air conditioning, manual controls
  • SLM : Stock Order
  • D48 : Mirrors, outside rervw, break-away, bdy clr, pwr
  • UK3 : Auxiliary audio controls, steering wheel
  • D52 : Spoiler, rear decklid
  • UQ3 : Monsoon premium audio system
  • FE3 : Suspension Suspension, Indp frt, indp rear
  • US9 : AM/FM 6 disc CD/MP3 w RDS spd cmpstd,vlm,thftlk
  • G80 : Differential, limited slip
  • VG8 : Notice to Buyer Label
  • JF5 : Pedal covers, stainless steel
  • VK3 : License plate bracket, front
  • JL4 : Stabiltrak-Stability Control
  • YF5 : California Emissions
  • JL9 : Brakes, anti-lock with dynamic rear proportioning
There you go...

Regards,

BA...
Wow Sky Spy, you're awesome!!!! :thumbs: Thanks so much. Can you tell me if it has auto door locks and adjustable seat? I know, don't push it! :lol: I just wondered if those features were on it, would they be listed? If it has those two things, it's mine! :D Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you look at Saturn's website it's quite clear that Sky's run on 87 octane unleaded but premium is recomended. The Sky is the only Saturn that premium is recomended for, your dealer is simply ignorant of the differences between the Sky engines and normal Saturns.

Go here http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/sky/pricing.jsp and click 'specs', look at the fuel section.
Thanks for that link. Sometimes I wonder about car salesmen! Present company excluded! They will tell you anything, with conviction, and they don't know squat! I am finding I know more than the average personnel at the dealership...and they are beginning to know I know :D thanks to all of you here on the forum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts