Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

Perhaps someone here could help me out. Years ago (36 to be exact) I owned an Opel GT. As most here know, the Sky is being exported as an Opel GT to Germany. The vehicle is identical except for the badging. I want to replace the front Saturn emblem with the Opel's one (call me sentimental). This is the horizontal chrome piece with the emblem in the center. This is a direct replacement and the fit is identical. I'm not interested in the rear or interior changes. I have no idea where to start to look. I don't think Saturn dealers would have the Opel part number for the front emblem (maybe they do?). Ordering it might be another story. Any help tracking this down is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Opel GT Web Site:
http://www1.opel.de/gt/flash.html

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
denette said:
That's the Opel logo. But, this is the entire horizontal chrome piece that spans the grill on the Sky. Opel's version has their lightning bolts in place of the red Saturn emblem. Look at the photo next to "skyroadster.com" above. The whole piece has to be replaced as the emblem is molded in.

Here's the Opel GT with it's emblem...

http://www1.opel.de/gt/flash.html

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I am very seriously considering doing the same thing - getting an Opel GT Frontspiece. (I owned two Opel GTs back in the 70s, but ordered the SKY before the new Opel GT was even announced. Karma, I guess.)

The Opels aren't going into production until the fall, with first deliveries not until early 2007, so I don't think parts like these will be available until then at the earliest. My plan if I can't get the number locally is to call Germany and find a dealer there and see if I can order the part and have it shipped back to me here.

But I'm not even going to mess with that until very late this year or early 2007.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea!

jdigiant said:
I am very seriously considering doing the same thing - getting an Opel GT Frontspiece. (I owned two Opel GTs back in the 70s, but ordered the SKY before the new Opel GT was even announced. Karma, I guess.)

The Opels aren't going into production until the fall, with first deliveries not until early 2007, so I don't think parts like these will be available until then at the earliest. My plan if I can't get the number locally is to call Germany and find a dealer there and see if I can order the part and have it shipped back to me here.

But I'm not even going to mess with that until very late this year or early 2007.
That's a good idea. Keep us posted with any progress. I'll do the same.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Opel front badge

Frank said:
Hello everyone.

Perhaps someone here could help me out..... the Sky is being exported as an Opel GT to Germany. The vehicle is identical except for the badging. I want to replace the front Saturn emblem with the Opel's one (call me sentimental). This is the horizontal chrome piece with the emblem in the center. This is a direct replacement and the fit is identical.....

Frank
Hey Frank,

you are not the first who planed a rebadging with the "lightning" :D
At the forum we are four german members as far as I know:

- Flawless Germany
- german-gt
- OPELGTdriver
- and me

Hope I didn't forget someone.

Insofar as I know there are no part numbers available up to now at the german dealers, we haven't even got a concret price list yet (besides of the base price 29,900 € incl. 16% V.A.T.) and worst of all the next 12 month we won't get any car here in Germany :mad: :banghead:

The spare part would be not only the chromed emblem but also the black grill part in the background. Some months ago somebody from this forum had detached both parts and made some pics shown in this forum but I don't remember who was it - someone else :confused:

Maybe someone of the other germans has got some better informations and can help. Otherwise you have to wait a little year :D

BTW have a look at the german Opel web (opel.de), most of the actual german cars have similar emblems and these all are available.

Hope info helped a little :thumbs:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C20LET_50 said:
Hey Frank,

you are not the first who planed a rebadging with the "lightning" :D
At the forum we are four german members as far as I know:

- Flawless Germany
- german-gt
- OPELGTdriver
- and me

Hope I didn't forget someone.

Insofar as I know there are no part numbers available up to now at the German dealers, we haven't even got a concrete price list yet (besides of the base price 29,900 € incl. 16% V.A.T.) and worst of all the next 12 month we won't get any car here in Germany :mad: :banghead:

The spare part would be not only the chromed emblem but also the black grill part in the background. Some months ago somebody from this forum had detached both parts and made some pics shown in this forum but I don't remember who was it - someone else :confused:

Maybe someone of the other germans has got some better informations and can help. Otherwise you have to wait a little year :D

BTW have a look at the german Opel web (opel.de), most of the actual german cars have similar emblems and these all are available.

Hope info helped a little :thumbs:
And here I thought I was the only one who wanted to do this! As I mentioned, I had an Opel GT a long, long time ago. In fact, it was my first car I ever owned. Not exactly the most reliable, I must say, but it sure turned heads! Needless to say, please keep us posted on any news of parts availability over there. Agreed, it will be some time before that happens.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Frank said:
And here I thought I was the only one who wanted to do this! .....Thanks for the info!
Ask REDSKY, he was also thinking about badge engineering with the lightning a month ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts