Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a car cover from the dealer which I like by the way. The reason for the post is the cover came with I think a 2 page instruction paper. It told how to clean the cover and other info. I can't find this anywhere so I was wondering if anyone had a copy and could scan and post so I could print it out and keep with all my sky paper work. Really wanted to know the proper way to clean the cover. Thanks John

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
I bought a car cover from the dealer which I like by the way. The reason for the post is the cover came with I think a 2 page instruction paper. It told how to clean the cover and other info. I can't find this anywhere so I was wondering if anyone had a copy and could scan and post so I could print it out and keep with all my sky paper work. Really wanted to know the proper way to clean the cover. Thanks John
John,

I have one too GM Vehicle Cover Ultralon...found the paperwork and would be happy to scan and send it to you...PM your email.:thumbs:

·
Registered
684 Posts
How do you guy's like the car cover?..Is it a pain and where do store it when it is wet?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you guy's like the car cover?..Is it a pain and where do store it when it is wet?
I really like the cover! Its covers everything and fits great. I can't answer the question about it getting wet. I cover it in the garage from time to time if I don't drive it often. I also plan on leaving it covered most of the winter time

·
164 Posts

We just got ours a few days ago...it is not felt lined...which I was a bit disappointed in.. but was assured that it wouldn't do any paint damage...I don't know if this is an indoor or outdoor cover...we park our Sky in the garage, I just wanted something to keep the dust/critters off ....like the wandering cat or bird that flys in the garage when the dear hubby leaves the garage door open:lol: ...

The material is heavy...and fits the Sky like a glove...the cover goes down passed the rims..almost covers the whole tire, the cover has a thick band of elastic to keep it secure..you'd have to have a hurricane force winds to blow this cover off!:) ...
I put the cover on with the top down..but seems to fit alot better with the top up.... the word SKY is in the front...you have to make a hole for the radio antenna so be careful when cutting that the hole so its not to big....

The hole is done easily by unscrewing the antenna putting the cover on then marking where to cut the hole with a magic marker....it comes with a white plastic grommet...that fits over your new hole to give it support..also comes with a bag..

Overall I'm pleased with it..and after a few times of putting it on you get the hang of it... I do it myself:) ...I do let the car cool down after a cruise before covering the car...so far I haven't had any experience with the cover being wet..so I don't know about that ........ Hope this helps you:)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thank You.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I wonder if the cover isn't lined because the cotton/felt would stick to the convertible top. Does anyone out there have a lined cover??? It wouldn't matter if the convertible was vinyl, you could just wipe or blow the cotton off but with a material convertible you have to be careful not to get any kind of lint on it.....that could be a real pain to clean....guess it might be a good idea to keep a lint brush/pet hair roller handy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John,

I have one too GM Vehicle Cover Ultralon...found the paperwork and would be happy to scan and send it to you...PM your email.:thumbs:
I got it, just want I needed Thank You Very Much :thumbs:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't really like mine that much. It's not all-weather which means the car still gets soaked when it starts to rain and when it is wet it takes hours to dry off. It's also kind of a pain to take on and it makes me very nervous putting it on since it slides over the bumper. What if there's a little rock or something that you didn't notice when you started to put it on? :eek: I should have used the $295 on something else.

I probably wouldn't even be complaining about it if I didn't forget to put the car in the garage before it started raining. For an indoor cover it seems adequate.

·
164 Posts
I wonder if the cover isn't lined because the cotton/felt would stick to the convertible top. Does anyone out there have a lined cover??? It wouldn't matter if the convertible was vinyl, you could just wipe or blow the cotton off but with a material convertible you have to be careful not to get any kind of lint on it.....that could be a real pain to clean....guess it might be a good idea to keep a lint brush/pet hair roller handy.
Great heads up!!..hummm you could be right.. I did have a material like cover on it before the new cover was ordered and there was lint I had to wipe off...:) didnt have the cover on the car when the top was up so I don't know how and if the felt would have stuck to it....I threw the old cover away...so I can't test your theory...but your probably right:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am getting a flannel only cover as Sunni is kept indoors and covered for the winter only. I had heard about the flannel "lint" coming off on cloth tops and have a modified bed sheet made to cover the roof. A cloth only cover is much cheaper (haven't bought it yet so no concrete, delivered price).

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
One thing I have noticed about car covers is sometimes dust gets thru. I worry about that scratching.

·
Registered
138 Posts
sandpaper

if you store your car for a while. think about this. cover on. cover moves with wind. dust gets under cover. wind moves cover with dust underneath. wax on wax off. sounds like sand paper to me. don't cover it. just wash it. make sence? if not,tell me why.:nono:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
if you store your car for a while. think about this. cover on. cover moves with wind. dust gets under cover. wind moves cover with dust underneath. wax on wax off. sounds like sand paper to me. don't cover it. just wash it. make sence? if not,tell me why.:nono:
The better covers have an elastic edge that keeps the cover tight -- nothing will get through the cover because outdoor cover have a protective cover that keeps dirt out (not always water). Nothing will get under since teh edges are wrapped tight. I don't think there'd be "sandpaper" unless you covered it with an old tarp weighed down with bricks on the corners...:jester:
That said -- I would not store ANY car under a cover outdoors for more than a week or so -- if you're gonna put it up for the winter -- rent a garage!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I have the GM car cover and it works great. I parked my car in the open with the cover on during a huge rainstorm. The car cover beaded the water off so well, it looked like mercury running off of it. The cover DID NOT scratch any part of the car. I was really worried about the rear bumper since alot of dust and dirt collects there but it the cover worked out great. :thumbs:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the cover just to use while parked in the garage, so I'm not concerned with water,wind, dust etc. Just a little protection while in sits most of the winter.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I got the cover just to use while parked in the garage, so I'm not concerned with water,wind, dust etc. Just a little protection while in sits most of the winter.
That's the right idea!!:thumbs:
Also why I am going Flannel only

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i wash my car on the weekends and during the week while working it sits in the driveway coverd up the cover is great stays clean and water does fall right off it! money well spent in my eyes

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cover

So you all think the cover is a good investment? I don't have room in my garage for the car and it will sit outside away from the tree sap!

·
Registered
138 Posts
sandpaper

i still have to disagree. if you have a local place that stores cars, ask them what they think. tell them you have your own cover, so they don't try to sell you one.:nono:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts