Registered
54 Posts
Just got them today.
I will post pic's when I install them.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Flaps

I installed mine last night. The instructions were simple, but I had complications because the right inner front fender well was installed improperly from the factory. The wheel well overlapped the painted edge of the fender. It wasn't really noticeable, but it caused the flap to not fit tight to the fender contours. I had to loosen up all the fasteners, and realign everything. It took a while to figure this out, but in the end it turned out OK.

:banghead:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been considering getting the mud flaps and they look good enough that I think I'm going to spring for them. Here's a question though, how much of them touch painted surfaces? I just want to know if I ever decided to take them off, if I'd have severely scratched surfaces below or other damage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maverick said:
Scratches can be painted but remember you need to drill holes.
Are there instructions posted online anywhere? I've done a lot of work on cars and have no problem with playing with the engine or suspension... but I just don't know if I could bring myself to drill into my new baby!!:eek: Then again... I guess the alternative is letting someone else do it... Yeah, so about those instructions...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts