Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let's try again

back in winter we posted a group invite for SKY owners and SKY Waiters to join our Start of Spring run and there was absolutely no interest over here

So today we invite you to our Start of Summer run 06-24
which will take place in Western PA

a lot of details are out there on the Solstice Forum for anyone interested

Come on you SKY owners come and join our run

PM me here ..or go visit the other side for more detailed information

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
NEO/PA Start of Summer Cruise & BBQ Info

Originally posted on Solsticeforum.com as:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16304

Date: June 24, 2006

Meet @ 10:30 AM in the Park-N-Ride lot located just off I-79 and the Portersville exit.

Cruise will start @ 11:00 AM.

Costs: $15.00 per person

This cost covers:

Meal - BBQ Chicken, BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Linguini Salad, Baked Beans, Mac & Cheese, Pop, Chips, and Hand Cranked Homemade Ice Cream.

Dash Plaques

Pavillion Rental

------------------------------------------------------
Hotel Info as Posted by XMM

Motel, And B&b Prices
Diana checked into motels in the Cranberry area for all those who are interested. The Comfort Inn (1-877-477-5817) is advertising rooms for $74.99, Motel 6 (724-776-4333) is advertising rooms for $40.00 +/-, and the Red Roof Inn (724-776-5670) is advertising rooms for $62.99-$75.99. Comfort Inn and Motel 6 list their address as Mars, PA. Red Roof Inn lists the address as Cranberry, PA. The B&B, Chapel Valley Estate ( 724-752-2202) located in Ellwood City ( a great place...I know the Architect who designed it ) has 3 rooms for around $95.00, depending on which size room you rent. All of the three motels are within a mile of the the turnpike (old exit 3) and are adjacent to route 79. This would be very convenient for anyone who is coming in from out of the area. There are also many restaurants in Cranberry, which is where we will be going for dinner on Friday night. As soon as we have a count, we will be picking the best restaurant location for the size group. Anyone who wants to stay at the B&B will be close to my location so Diana and I will keep in touch with them and make certain they get where they are supposed to be at the right time. If you have any questions, just PM me with your phone number and I'll give you a call so we can discuss details.
------------------------------------------------------
Please make your reservation with druid-2 via PM.

All checks and reservations must be made and recieved by d2 by June 17th

I have attached the link to the full thread on SOSummer:

NEO/PA SOS Cruise and BBQ

and also XMM's post in the info with more detail:

SOS Cruise and BBQ Details and Info

If you need more information please PM either XMM or Kappa Fan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
summer run

I would love to attend one of these events that you have been so kind to post. I will see if I can make some arrangements & attend this one, even though it would be a long drive for just the weekend.
Don't get discouraged, please keep posting.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
NEO/PA Start of Summer Cruise & BBQ

Why Sky owners might want to join this cruise & BBQ:

1. It'll be a lot of fun. My wife and I joined this group last March for their last run, and had such a great time, we're driving about a 1200 mile round trip to get together with them again.

2. Two Sky owners joined us for the last run, and had just as much fun as we had. More Skys will add to the fun.

3. This is going to be a great run. I had a chance to prerun parts of it in late April with the organizers, and the scenery will be fantastic. Make sure to bring your cameras.

Why Sky owners-to-be might want to join this cruise.

1. All the reasons above.

2. You'll have a chance to see, touch, feel, and ride in the Solstices and Skys that are there.

3. There will be some empty passenger seats for you to ride in during the cruise.

If you just want to cruise and not join the BBQ, PM Druid-2 and let him know you're coming.

If you're going to join us for the whole day, PM Druid-2 and send a check for $15/per person by June 17, so we can make a deposit with the caterer and make sure there's enough food for everyone. Druid-2 will give you the address to send the check.

I hope to see as many of you as can make it. It will be fun.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
ozyman222 said:
I would love to attend one of these events that you have been so kind to post. I will see if I can make some arrangements & attend this one, even though it would be a long drive for just the weekend.
Don't get discouraged, please keep posting.
Ozyman222,

Yes that would be a long run for the weekend, but in March we had cars from 10 states, including NJ, VA, DC, NY.

And 3 of us drove in from Wisconsin. :D

It was worth it. The Sky and Sol are both great highway cruisers, not to mention their corner carving abilities.

Hope you decide to join us.

Dave

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SolWhat? said:
Why Sky owners-to-be might want to join this cruise.

1. All the reasons above.

2. You'll have a chance to see, touch, feel, and ride in the Solstices and Skys that are there.

3. There will be some empty passenger seats for you to ride in during the cruise.
Thanks for the invite but no SKY no -- go.... Reasons 1,2 & 3 above would make it an unbearable day.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SolWhat? said:
Ozyman222,

Yes that would be a long run for the weekend, but in March we had cars from 10 states, including NJ, VA, DC, NY.

And 3 of us drove in from Wisconsin. :D

It was worth it. The Sky and Sol are both great highway cruisers, not to mention their corner carving abilities.

Hope you decide to join us.

Dave
Mapquest quotes 641 miles...about 8 hours all interstate (84 to 81 to 80)
That is VERY DO-ABLE
I just came back from hilton Head...did 750 miles in 10 hours

you leave friday a.m.....get there for a pre-run dinner and you leave sunday am...home for dinner

PS I'm going to be running to W Hartford on 06-09 and I can do that from here to there in under 8 hours easily ...and i'm south of akron (1 hr from Ohio/Pa state line)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave...getting better response this time ...eh what?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Milford, CT US
Revise | New Directions

Ellwood City, PA US
Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 47 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 461.63 miles

my error...461 miles 6.5 hours...piece of cake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 pee break and a fresh tank of gas....5 minutes ($40.00)

running with the pack.........PRICELESS !!!!!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I better go back to geography class. From my home to the run location is 555 miles. I tend to forget how wide Ohio is. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone else?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SolWhat? said:

TOLD YOU SO - DAVE

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Druid-2 said:
TOLD YOU SO - DAVE

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
OK, for the benefit of those who don't know, "Bttt" is shorthand for "Bump To The Top". In other words, post a very quick, short message so that the thread shows up the next time a subscriber clicks on the "New Posts" button. It keeps this thread in front of the readership, at least for a while.

The invitation has been extended to the members of this forum. If they choose not to respond, so be it, opportunity missed.

If a Sky owner decides to join us, so much the better. They can't join us if we don't extend the opportunity.

'nuff said!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SolWhat? said:
OK, for the benefit of those who don't know, "Bttt" is shorthand for "Bump To The Top". In other words, post a very quick, short message so that the thread shows up the next time a subscriber clicks on the "New Posts" button. It keeps this thread in front of the readership, at least for a while.

The invitation has been extended to the members of this forum. If they choose not to respond, so be it, opportunity missed.

If a Sky owner decides to join us, so much the better. They can't join us if we don't extend the opportunity.

'nuff said!

funny I thought you were doing "Bill the Cat" or is that

THbbbbtttt ?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave

I think I recognize the site of your new avatar

It's about 150 feet from where I sit (or am i wrong?)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Druid-2 said:
Dave

I think I recognize the site of your new avatar

It's about 150 feet from where I sit (or am i wrong?)
Well, I'm not sure where you're sitting as you type, but yes, it was taken in your back yard. Why, I do believe that your wheels are also appearing in that pic. :lol:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah...that's Walt's SKY and my Cool

thanks Dave...free advertising

1 - 20 of 45 Posts