Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone thought about doing underbody neons or leds i think it would look hot tell me what you think

·
Registered
304 Posts
I like it, but I already have enough disdain for cops as it is and neon would ensure having to deal with them...:mad:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm doing white LEDs under the Polar White Sky next week:thumbs: Our law here in Virginia is, only on private property and never on public.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds nice u should get the led's though that has like 7 dif colors so u can choose though
they have some nice stuff on ebay

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have neons under my dash and it looks SWEET at night! I will probably also get neon under the car eventually but will go with LED's bc they last so much longer than neons! Please post any pics when you guys do it!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would like to have some light accents within the cockpit. Any info from anyone that has done this would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
OKay what I did was go and buy 10" orange Streetglow neon tubes and install the under the driver and passenger dashes with black cable ties. I clipped and ran the wires in series and run them both off my cig lighter for power. I will in the nearest future have them come on anytime I turn the car to ACC or start. They are WELL worth the time and money to invest, not just for looks but for safety! If you drop something at night you can see down at your feet!

P.S. Just purchased the 7 color underbodies... I will install them when I get them and post pics of all diff colors!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have purple LED underbodies on the car I have now (haven't gotten my Sky yet)... I drive with them on quite a bit in MO and KS and haven't had any police trouble. My boyfriend, though, has white underbodies and has gotten pulled over for it quite a few times. I guess they like me more, JK. I don't think I'm going to put them on my Sky because (in my opinion only) the Sky is a classier vehicle and it almost seems like the underbodies will cheapen the look. I might change my mind if I saw a Sky with them, though. If anyone does decide to do them, make sure you get LEDs instead of neons -- they last a lot longer because if one light gets bumped (which could happen on a low-rider like the Sky), the rest of them will most likely stay lit up... whereas with the neon, the whole tube is screwed. This is how it was explained to me, anyway.... and they are a much better deal on eBay, I got mine from seller 'bestelectronic' and they were reasonably priced, arrived in good condition, and within just a few days.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Not for me.. unless...

Instead of just a general light from a tube - what woudl it take to make some kind of mask on the light source so that the word Sky would be projected onto the ground? or, if easy enough, make it more customizable than that - where you could have the same messgae as on yoru vanity plate (perhaps even spelled out instead of abbreviated) as the message that is displayed on the ground. of course with the low ground clearance - getting the message to appear a few inches out side the car might be tricky - kind of like a welcome mat as you approach the door.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had a 8 bulb blue neon kit for my camaro and it was cool but it got anoying and was a waste of money in my eyes. I was always super nervious about turining them on and would constantly be on the lookout when they were on, it made it hard to drive. They sure lokked pretty cool though.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
ruledawg said:
I had a 8 bulb blue neon kit for my camaro and it was cool but it got anoying and was a waste of money in my eyes. I was always super nervious about turining them on and would constantly be on the lookout when they were on, it made it hard to drive. They sure lokked pretty cool though.

Are underbody lights illegal in CA?

What about adding other lights on the exterior? I was thinking of some cool mods with LEDs but not if they are illegal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts