Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys I think I found another option that i'm keeping in mind if i can't wait in to much in the list:
the new eclipse spider 2007... not that good looking as the sky but it has automatic top ;).... for the low end one hp sucks ....

eclipse 2007 spyder pictures

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I dunno, once again I think Mitsubishi has created what I would consider to be a "chick car" with their Eclipse and Spyder.

They never look very fierce or exciting to me. But I think its a step in the right direction to move away from the last model.

(all just IMO)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Looks like it has more room than the Sky but I don't like the design nearly as much. The Sky has something different.

·
Registered
56 Posts
jimbo said:
I'll take the manual top and the stunning looks.
Amen!

I'll admit, the Eclipse in person looks better than it does in pictures, but it's not edgy enough. The older Eclipse (about two generations ago or so) had some of that edge, and it slowly lost it as the years went by.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Too heavy.. imagine for a minute if they put the mitsubishi's horse power in the Sky..
260 hp - 258 tq, then you'd have a bitching good time.. wait.. their going to do that..

and the eclipse uses those horses to get a awful 7 secs to 60.

It's too heavy, too big as$ed and the distributioin of weight 61/39 blows chunks, oh wait.. and it costs more.. i'm going to cry.

They have completely hosed the car only two generations after I bought mine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not that crazy about the eclispe either. I don't understand why they bother with the rear seats it's not like anyone can really sit back there.

I'm sticking with the SKY....it's a hot looking roadster....especially like the curvy shape and clam-shaped rear which initially caught my attention! :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would stick to it too!! as long I don't have to wait for ever to get it.....

hopefully i'm going this afternoon to my local dealer in my small town to see what they have to offer....
:s

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Seen the eclipse thought it was alright seen the Sky:drool: :drool: :drool: oops didn't get any on you did I :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_vue said:
awful 7 secs to 60.
that is funny I grew up in a day when a ss396 chevelle had 0-60 times in the 7 second range, now it is AWFUL LOL , you should have to drive a 4 cly car that goes 0-60 in 18-21 seconds... you would appreciate 7 seconds much more then...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I like the styling of it, but a V6 Spyder is going to weigh over 3700 lbs. That is way too much weight for it to really have a fun, nimble feel. It is a nice car for a GT/cruiser or commuter car, but its not much of a serious sports car. I'd rather have a G6 convertable at that weight, just to have the hardtop! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
new eclipse

I got to test drive one of the new eclipses the other day. Though it wasn't the spyder...it still sucked. Like a couple people mentioned already, the car is heavy and while driving it, it feels heavy. It will throw your head back pretty good when you get on it but other than that the car is not much fun to drive. I'm 5'9'' and it felt very cramped and close together. Even more so than my wife's 04 eclipse. Mitsubishi claimed to have lengthened and widened the car by a few inches but it really doesn't feel like they did. From what my dealer was telling me, it is in the works that Ralliart is going to get ahold on the eclipse, galant, and their truck deal. He said there are talks of them throwing a turbo in the galant and eclipse as well as throwing body kits on them. If I were to get an eclipse it would most certainly be one with a turbo. At least it would have one good thing going for it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
azote said:
well guys I think I found another option that i'm keeping in mind if i can't wait in to much in the list:
the new eclipse spider 2007... not that good looking as the sky but it has automatic top ;).... for the low end one hp sucks ....eclipse 2007 spyder pictures
Not a Sky! That rear end reminds me of a baby with a loaded diaper..Yuk!
With the top up it looks like a Chrysler Sebring..more Yuk!
I'm sure it comes with their 100,000 mile warranty (that's a plus) no Yuk!

·
Registered
802 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
that is funny I grew up in a day when a ss396 chevelle had 0-60 times in the 7 second range, now it is AWFUL LOL , you should have to drive a 4 cly car that goes 0-60 in 18-21 seconds... you would appreciate 7 seconds much more then...
I got to go with you on that one...100%

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Good old American big HP, big torque, nothing beats it for brute power, brings a smile to my face for sure, 427 Shelby Cobra, Gran Sport Vette nothing sounds better our looks as good as one of those coming out of a turn onto a long straight a way, full bore of course. Ah, the memories, I dearly love them!

ERNEST:thumbs: :thumbs: :cool:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Much bigger car with a back seat, which should reduce the insurance cost on it. I'll wait for the real thing.:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
azote said:
the new eclipse spider 2007... not that good looking as the sky but it has automatic top ;).... for the low end one hp sucks ....

eclipse 2007 spyder pictures

When you say automatic top do you mean like the Mercedes SLK kompressor style?

·
Registered
4 Posts
After looking at the pic of the Syder the rear end looks alot like my Audi TT Quattro, I love the Audi but the Spyder I just dont feel it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
mitsu

i would be concerned how much longer mitsu will be around to honor the warranty, they seem to have a lot of financial trouble

1 - 20 of 26 Posts