Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No worries. We probably won't get started until around 9 or 10 so you'll most likely miss most of the tear down. I imagine we'll be working into the evening on the build so you may not miss much.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I'm in for Saturday. Feeling like a virgin on prom night!

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Will be good to finally meet you Sir! Looking forward to it a bit myself. LOL

What's more, my tuner isn't going to be available for Sunday. Sooooo...I'm picking up HPtuners from him tonight, he'll be sending me a base file to start with, and it looks like I need to brush up on my tuning knowledge over the next couple days.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Was just told that he can not pick it up until 130. Will take some time to go over everything with him. He bought the 5th wheel to. So I maybe there all afternoon. Will try to make it, but if not will come down Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hope you can make it. Don't know how much tuning I'll be doing Sunday. HPTuners has a LOT of options. Need to read up some tonight and tomorrow. Charging my laptop now too. I already was able to connect to the car and downloaded the OEM tune, and saved it as a backup.

Now just have to order the credits to edit and save these tunes and copy over the information from my tuners base tune to the one I downloaded to get started uploading on Sunday...possibly Saturday so we can at least fire it up and check for issues.

My tuner will be coming out the following Sunday, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, to finalize the tune.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Well maybe there after all. The check engine light came on, on my dually. Selling the truck now takes a different meaning. I have to be sure it is good, before I let it go. Would feel terrible if it was a problem for the buyer. I can honestly say I love the truck, but would never buy another diesel for any reason. They just cost so much more to keep up and fix when you have a problem. Will let you know tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Dealership drove to Orange county and got the parts, thermostats and Glow plug module. Will be done this evening. They truly are a great dealership. I see the guy almost want to duck when I walk in the door, first comment, engine light again? Yea it always is the day before something is supposed to happen, depart, sell.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Robo, address please. Heading out from Riverside.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Well I just walked in the door from dropping off the motor home. Not going to make it down there Robo. So sorry, but this had to be finished today. As I had already spent the money!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
No worries Skersfan.

The build happened, but we didn't finish. For whatever reason, we couldn't get the catalytic converter on. Just about everything else is done...mainly just a couple clamps, refill fluids, and throw on the tune. I didn't want to do any of that though until I got this cat issue figured out.

Everything else went smooth as silk. Cody and Gabe came out and were huge helps. Can't thank you guys enough. Was hard to have all three of us working at once but we were under the car more than I figured we'd be for some hard to reach bolts so it worked out.

And I still have donuts. And beer...waaaaaaay too much left over beer.

Tonight I'll work on researching how this cat might go on and then tomorrow will give it another shot. Will also get the pipe and filter to finish off the intake. If I can get the cat on we'll see about getting the rest done.

May have you come out and take a look at this Skersfan since you took a cat off. Maybe you see something I don't. I'm worried the extra O2 bung may be causing the problem which would really suck.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts