Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Saturn MotorSports and spoke with a gentleman there (missed his name) about the the dual CAI (on backorder for ~5 days). Should be fun - the clip from Ken sure sounded nice! :thumbs:

I went on to ask about any plans for an exhaust system and he mentioned they plan to release one in the next 30 days. It will be a full cat-back with dual exhaust INCLUDING a matched, painted rear facia with dual cutouts. Est. should be under a grand (per him).

So, keep an eye on the site! Sounds interesting! :thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
you will love the dual CAI, it looks and sounds great when you mash on the throttle. :thumbs:

Did he say what kind of tips the dual exhaust will have?

I hope it's going to be quad tips. :D

As for the painted rear fascia...I'd have to see a real photo first to make my decision. Sounds pretty cool though!

They got my ear, because at this point Magnaflow still doesn't have their dual exhaust out yet. :willy:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He did not mention the tips on the Saturn Motorsports model, but quad would be the preferred. :agree:

As for the matched paint rear facia....tough call. I could see easily matching the dark or silver / grey colors, but anything bright like the white, red, or yellow....oooh....???? That may be a bit overboard in my opinion.

Now that you mention Magnaflow, I stopped by a local performance shop and per his order computer, the Magnaflow Sky kit is also expected in the next month. I think this is the single tip option since the dual is still listed as $0 on the website.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
As for the matched paint rear facia....tough call. I could see easily matching the dark or silver / grey colors, but anything bright like the white, red, or yellow....oooh....???? That may be a bit overboard in my opinion.
QUOTE]

I thought the same (with yellow) but when I look at rear shots of Sunni (please look at my Gallery) -- The way the rear fenders come down, then the black facia... I wonder -- wouldn't it look better all Yellow?? I'd love to see a Photshop shot of it yellow... With the black it looks cut off and incomplete.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still 50 / 50 on matching rear facia idea

I thought the same (with yellow) but when I look at rear shots of Sunni (please look at my Gallery) -- The way the rear fenders come down, then the black facia... I wonder -- wouldn't it look better all Yellow?? I'd love to see a Photshop shot of it yellow... With the black it looks cut off and incomplete.
Still undecided as well....all yellow may be too bright, same with red. It needs something to offset the brightness of both areas (maybe a chrome section between the matching facia would help??? :confused: )

I tried playing with "paintbrush" on my silver and that looked OK. Excuse the crappy appearance (I was bored at work...).:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7916&highlight=photoshop

I'm pretty handy with photoshop, and I did this for someone else's Sky picture for the chili pepper red color. I can do pretty much all the other colors, so far black has been the only one giving me a problem to look somewhat decent. If anyone has a request for a color, let me know, I can usually do it in about 10 minutes. Only bad thing is I don't have pic hosting, so i'll send it to you, and you can then post the picture here.

I also did photoshops of the front bumper for people to see the Kappa Grills in different colors than the Yellow in their demo pic.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7916&highlight=photoshop

I'm pretty handy with photoshop, and I did this for someone else's Sky picture for the chili pepper red color. I can do pretty much all the other colors, so far black has been the only one giving me a problem to look somewhat decent. If anyone has a request for a color, let me know, I can usually do it in about 10 minutes. Only bad thing is I don't have pic hosting, so i'll send it to you, and you can then post the picture here.

I also did photoshops of the front bumper for people to see the Kappa Grills in different colors than the Yellow in their demo pic.
Thanks, but I decided against waiting for the SM setup and went with the Magnaflow single exhaust, dual tip.

1 - It's available NOW,:thumbs:
2 - I scored it for only $459,:thumbs:
3 - No extra parts or cutting required ($100 shop install quote), and:thumbs:
4 - Single exhaust = more wheel HP than a dual setup on the single cat-back.:thumbs:

Ordered Friday (9/15), ETA on delivery and install this Thursday.

I'll have sound clips available for the before and after setups. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thanks, but I decided against waiting for the SM setup and went with the Magnaflow single exhaust, dual tip.

1 - It's available NOW,:thumbs:
2 - I scored it for only $459,:thumbs:
3 - No extra parts or cutting required ($100 shop install quote), and:thumbs:
4 - Single exhaust = more wheel HP than a dual setup on the single cat-back.:thumbs:

Ordered Friday (9/15), ETA on delivery and install this Thursday.

I'll have sound clips available for the before and after setups. :thumbs:
Where did you order it from...the place I ordered from called me to say it would not be available for a month yet so I cancelled my order with them and am looking to get one ASAP...any help would be appreciated.

If anyone here sells them pm me please.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you order it from...the place I ordered from called me to say it would not be available for a month yet so I cancelled my order with them and am looking to get one ASAP...any help would be appreciated.

If anyone here sells them pm me please.
Sent you a PM.

If anyone else wants to know my deal, please PM me. :thumbs: :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts