Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I've been lurking around the site for a bit, finally decided I should post a little bit.

My wife and I put down a deposit on a SKY RL back in May. We're #2 on the list at our dealer. Funny thing is, we could've been #1 if we had come in the night before. A guy was there earlier in the morning with a friend who convinced him to check out the SKY before putting money on a Porsche Carrera. So he took the #1 spot in the line! :lol:

Anyways, we are anxiously waiting. I try to tease my wife at work as much as possible by sending her spy pics of the RL that I find.

BTW, the SKY will be my wife's car. I have an '04 ION Redline, but she's not into the forum thing as much as I am, so here I am instead. :D

Here's what we have on order:
2007 SKY Redline
Sunburst Yellow Exterior
Manual Transmission
Spoiler
Leather seats

Quick question...what's the deal with the manual transmission restrictions at the plant right now? That's really annoying, as I'm sure that many of the RL orders are manuals. Any idea when that restriction will move back closer to the 50/50 point?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Howdy Superman, I'm in the same boat, #2 for my dealer/#4 for their dealer group.

Find out what their dealer group allocation is for 2007 and let use know, we could give you some type of guesstimate on delivery.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Superman said:
Hey everybody, I've been lurking around the site for a bit, finally decided I should post a little bit.

My wife and I put down a deposit on a SKY RL back in May. We're #2 on the list at our dealer. Funny thing is, we could've been #1 if we had come in the night before. A guy was there earlier in the morning with a friend who convinced him to check out the SKY before putting money on a Porsche Carrera. So he took the #1 spot in the line! :lol:

Anyways, we are anxiously waiting. I try to tease my wife at work as much as possible by sending her spy pics of the RL that I find.

BTW, the SKY will be my wife's car. I have an '04 ION Redline, but she's not into the forum thing as much as I am, so here I am instead. :D

Here's what we have on order:
2007 SKY Redline
Sunburst Yellow Exterior
Manual Transmission
Spoiler
Leather seats

Quick question...what's the deal with the manual transmission restrictions at the plant right now? That's really annoying, as I'm sure that many of the RL orders are manuals. Any idea when that restriction will move back closer to the 50/50 point?
I couldn't agree with you more....what's the deal with starting with automatic tranny's first!? it's a sports car...who drives a sports car with automatic transmission!?...it's not a car for grandma!:mad:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wt2ga said:
SUPER

WELCOME
LOL...that's hilarious. When I get a chance, I'll post some pics of my ION, then you'll understand the screenname. :p

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome -- and you have the proper color ordered I see....:D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rick Tinley Park said:
Welcome -- and you have the proper color ordered I see....:D
Haha, yep. She's had her heart set on it for months now. She's was completely on pins and needles until the RL news finally broke that Yellow would be a colored offered (worried about restrictions w/ colors like on the ION Redline). Neither of us can wait to see what the RL looks like in Yellow with the blacked-out lights and such. I think it'll look sick! But not even SKY Spy has gotten a good shot of a Yellow RL yet. :(

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
akinmb said:
I couldn't agree with you more....what's the deal with starting with automatic tranny's first!? it's a sports car...who drives a sports car with automatic transmission!?...it's not a car for grandma!:mad:
Automatics are being built first because of the manual constraints. The exact reverse happened when the first base SKY's were being launched, you could not get a auto then, I guess the shoes on the other foot now:lol: :lol:

As for the Grandma remark, I am Grandpa and proud of it. I am getting an Auto so my arthritic wife can have the pleasure of driving a SKY. Besides, I already have a manual SKY, Serenity!!!:D :thumbs:

·
Registered
205 Posts
w00t wish I was in line for a sky... Maybe if job interview goes well will get a job then I can get on waiting list awhile, dealer said wouldn't be able get one in till february probably so gives me time. If I do get a job ima get on the waiting list awhile I saw my first sky that was driving on the road. Was up by Park City anyone here own it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts