Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
What is it a Fusion?

I'm not really a Ford guy but those are nice cars.
Congrats:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very Nice. Hope to upgrade my 2007 soon.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Nice car Bogie, for a Ford.....:leaving:

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you go for the new 1.0L EcoBoost?
1.6L Turbo 4 (aka Ecoboost). Turbo....in a family sedan. My, how technology has come along. 36mpg highway.

It's for the wife...so of course it had to get the full interior treatment: Leather. Heated seats. Backup camera...and warning. Moonroof. To name a few.

The front grill "Aston Martin" motif looks better the more you look.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Nice Bogie, very nice! Mine's (wife) after a Tesla :willy: but I might settle for some other 100% electric, if it has over a 100 mile range.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Nice beater car.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
347 Posts
1.6L Turbo 4 (aka Ecoboost). Turbo....in a family sedan. My, how technology has come along. 36mpg highway.

It's for the wife...so of course it had to get the full interior treatment: Leather. Heated seats. Backup camera...and warning. Moonroof. To name a few.

The front grill "Aston Martin" motif looks better the more you look.
How is that one getting 36 MPG? My last one I rented in FL couldn't get more than 25 MPG highway between Tampa, Fort Myers and Naples. Those are straight FLAT highways.. :confused:

I have to admit the car has alot of power and does not feel like a 4 cylinder with the turbo lag that most the others have but I am really curious to know your real life gas mileages. The previous generation V6 Fusion a friend bought gets high 20s between city and hwy.

Regardless, congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is that one getting 36 MPG?
The same way our 2.0 Turbo gets 30 plus highway. Once you're in steady state cruise with a low displacement engine and turbo, mpg gets really good. The Fusion has a boosted 1.6 liter, where the boost is designed for economy. Hence, the Ford name for the engine type: "EcoBoost".

City mpg is 22.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
The same way our 2.0 Turbo gets 30 plus highway. Once you're in steady state cruise with a low displacement engine and turbo, mpg gets really good. The Fusion has a boosted 1.6 liter, where the boost is designed for economy. Hence, the Ford name for the engine type: "EcoBoost".

City mpg is 22.
Heck that is just below my NA right now, which is sitting at 22.7....:D But that IS combined city/hwy.... 70 percent city, 30 hwy..

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Nice car, I like the small displacement turbo motors for a daily driver. Good gas mileage and enough power to get out of its own way. I bought a Chevy Cruze, Ford hadn't released the ecoboost when we were looking for a car.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice car, I like the small displacement turbo motors for a daily driver. Good gas mileage and enough power to get out of its own way.
My first look under the hood, and I couldn't find the turbo.

Hell, I almost couldn't find the engine.
:jester:

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG....my Fusion had a baby!
:willy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts