Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a thread on Saturn Fans...

As some of you know there is a member on the Saturn Fans Forum website that claims the SKY Redline will be available this August in Canada. Today another Canadian member called his dealer and he said the exact opposite that the Sky Redline would not be in Canada until Spring 2007 at the earliest and that August of 2007 was more likely a date for it.

Now I know these are both dealers who could be speaking out of their butt (Hence my salt is handy:D !), but based on what GM has stated about the Opel GT's availability plus the information we have regarding the Solstice GXP's release of Fall 2006 (1 year later than the Solstice), I am more likely to believe the latter opinion (Spring 2007 at the earliest). This would make the New York show a perfect opportunity to release the Sky Redline with the other Saturn's.

So if you really want a SKY now, you should take the plunge and get a normal model, because the Redline is a year off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've heard end of summer, though I can't say who my source is, but then again this was hear-say even from him. I can believe both end of summer and spring 2007, but either way I'd better start saving some major dough soon! :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glock919 said:
wrong... wrong...new york show...redlines on the street by august 06`
I sense someone has not been using their salt ring of protection from BS. Solstice GXP comes out at the earliest in September of this year. Redline will not be out before then, that is a 100% fact. So whoever is feeding you your info, you need to tell them to cut the BS and at least give you a realistic date, one that is after the Solstice GXP is on the street.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder, there are at least 4 people online who think that August 2006 is the date for the Redline and they refuse to admit they could be wrong. I am willing to wager, $20 that you will have to eat your words. Seriously, $20, put the money where your mouth is.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KappaMan said:
I have no comment... either way... :lol: :lurk:
It's like those people who said SKY's in December all over again. We will find out in two weeks or so at New York. When GM says sometime in 2007 hopefully these people who don't use the salt protection will calm down.

Maybe one of them will take my bet and I will be $20 richer!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
It's like those people who said SKY's in December all over again. We will find out in two weeks or so at New York. When GM says sometime in 2007 hopefully these people who don't use the salt protection will calm down.

Maybe one of them will take my bet and I will be $20 richer!
You are a wise member, Du'! :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
my birthday is 0n august 29th...please send your $20.00 on or before/ so i can fill up my redline on you...thanking you in advance...you have a bet.

·
Registered
802 Posts
glock919 said:
my birthday is 0n august 29th...please send your $20.00 on or before/ so i can fill up my redline on you...thanking you in advance...you have a bet.
Fill up for $20? I don't think so..Ernest can't even fill 'er up for $20

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I said that I had heard that from my DSM...but I never said it was bulletproof information. The only person who seems to be saying anything is for sure is you. You say it is IMPOSSIBLE that is could be out before the GXP. While I agree that is likely I would not go so far as to say it is impossible.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CdnSkyGuy said:
I said that I had heard that from my DSM...but I never said it was bulletproof information. The only person who seems to be saying anything is for sure is you. You say it is IMPOSSIBLE that is could be out before the GXP. While I agree that is likely I would not go so far as to say it is impossible.
At this point (statistically speaking) the likelihood of the Redline being released before the GXP is the same as the Redline not coming into existence. Which is something like .000000000001%

So while POSSIBLE, the statistics are just not for it. I don't know what's going on with a few of you Canadians, but from what I understand you don't even have regular SKY's and you expect the Redline to follow so closely, that's just not logical (from a marketing standpoint) for GM.

What I am willing to wager is that someone at GM Canada screwed up the year (whoever leaked the info) and that Canada will get the SKY Redline in August of 2007. Uzzy over on Saturn Fans (who lives in Windsor) called his dealer and that's basically what he said could be the case (his dealer also said that GM of Canada has not said anything to them).

This is my beef with this "rumor" basically Open Sky leaking some dealer info that he got, and if there is ANYTHING we have learned since the original SKY was announced it's that Dealers don't honestly know when the SKY is coming out. I also am hesitant to buy what Charlie says with his "inside source" about an August release. Basically to have a SKY Redline in August you have to logically answer these questions.

1. Why such a short time between the announcement and the release?
2. Why make Solstice owners wait longer for their performance model (there is defiantly more demand for the GXP)?
3. Why announce the GXP before the Redline if the release is the other way around?
4. Why does GM Canada seem to know what's going on and no one in the US has heard anything?
5. Why would GM release the Sky Redline in Canada before the US (since this info only applies to Canada if it came from GM Canada)?

Basically when you think about it, it leads to a whole bunch of BS. It's better to make predictions based on what we do know.

1. Solstice GXP will be released this Fall
2. Opel GT will be released in Spring 2007.

Basically people saying the Redline will be here in August sound just as dumb as people last August who said the regular Sky would be here in January, or December or any other month but MARCH.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
C'mon man, no need to throw insults. But thanks for the e-slap.

You made a very long, very detailed post telling people how dumb they are for thinking the RedLine would be here this year.

Then the press release comes out and you get angry because someone comments about it? Where was your reply stating "oh, maybe I was mistaken"

Thanks for being so inviting into your forum. I guess I'm not welcome here.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RokketRide said:
C'mon man, no need to throw insults. But thanks for the e-slap.

You made a very long, very detailed post telling people how dumb they are for thinking the RedLine would be here this year.

Then the press release comes out and you get angry because someone comments about it? Where was your reply stating "oh, maybe I was mistaken"

Thanks for being so inviting into your forum. I guess I'm not welcome here.
Did you read the other thread where I said I was wrong? Here I'll link it to you since you seem to be about as smart as a thumb tack.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=42242&postcount=4

Crackhead.....

BTW, I have no tolerance for people who try to be a smart ass to me, if I knew you personally I would slap you, most likely in the face. That stuff doesn't fly around here.

And it is not my forum, and YOU STARTED IT. If you would have read the other thread you would have realized your comment was completly unessisary. Way to provoke me, then provoke my response, then cry about me yelling at you. If you don't want to get called names don't be a jerk to people.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts