Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals....my car will be going into K&N on monday for R&D on their new cold air intake system. I will keep you all posted.

Marco
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
HotRedRoadster said:
Ok guys and gals....my car will be going into K&N on monday for R&D on their new cold air intake system. I will keep you all posted.

Marco
Can't wait to see what they come up with verses what is already available.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they already developed the system on a solstice but they want my car to test fit it on the sky and do further R&D....I haven't seen the system myself though.

Marco

·
Registered
410 Posts
Man, this is great news! I can't wait to purchase a K&N for my baby girl. I've had this product before and they are great. Thanks for letting yours get fitted and paving the way for us.:thumbs:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went with the twin head from SaturnMotor Sports and it's great!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have put K&N's on every one of my vehicles. They tend to price their products very fairly, unlike some other companies out there. I would highly recommend their products to everyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I couldn't wait I got the twin filter from Saturnmotorsports too. Maybe it'll be on ebay soon then?

·
Registered
248 Posts
with The Saturn Motorsports CAI has any one noticed it doesnt allow the plastic cover over the motor to properly close? I wonder if they realize that. A simple movement of the wiring harness placement would solve the problem.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Sky is at K&N's shop.....I wasn't able to see the system but they did tell me it has a heat shield. I will email the rep to see if can release some photos to us.

Marco

·
Registered
53 Posts
?

migg750 said:
with The Saturn Motorsports CAI has any one noticed it doesnt allow the plastic cover over the motor to properly close? I wonder if they realize that. A simple movement of the wiring harness placement would solve the problem.
migg750, is that with the Fujita single or twin filter CAI? I haven't got home yet to install my dual. So now I am curious, because I haven't heard this problem. Anyways I'm really curious about the K&N too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That is with the fujita twin cai from Saturn Motorsports. I saw it on redsky's car

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is the first I have heard of the cover also. All the intake we have installed the stock plug always stayed in the stock location. Did you remove the cover during installation? It can be tricky to reinstall the plastic cover once it is removed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
well i didnt do the instal but redsky told me he had to remove the plastic engine cover to get the harness to fit but then it touched. Maybe he can respond and explain.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I emailed K&N rep and he told me he wasn't able to show me pictures of the skys intake sytem because its considered top secret but that he would email me pictures of the system installed on his car so we can get an idea of what it may look like. He also said that I would get my System 1 month earlier than the release to the general public and that once I got it I could show it to the world.

Marco

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lucky dog!

To bad no pics yet but good for you on getting the piece early. Wish I could have given mine to them. It'd be a nice drive I bet.:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts