Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Looks like I'm the new guy. You know the one that knows nothing and thinks he's getting his car in two weeks, and doesn't know that he will be tied to this site until the day his car is delivered, probably in winter '06.

I've been reading all of your posts for the last couple of weeks and I've learned a lot. I now know what an image is to a dealer and that I really need one. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions over the next few months and hope to get to know some of you!

Steve

[Deposit 3/20/06 Cary, N.C. #9 I think,( some guy on the list had a heart attack and I believe he still came in so he wouldn't get skipped???) I would hate to gain a position that way.
Chili Pepper Red
Black on Black
6CD\Monsoon
Chrome wheels
Spoiler & LSD[/COLOR]

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hey Steve...you and I are in the same boat, so to speak. I also placed a deposit on 3/20/06...only my dealer told me my car should arrive in June...:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes: Oh well...should be interesting to see how things play out in the upcoming months. We can track each other's progress. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Welcome aboard the insane train buddy!!:thumbs: Bring your questions on, we have the knowledge or at least good guesses:lol: :lol: I promise cuz' Ski-Up won't bite ya, well maybe a playful nip on the heels:D Down Ski-up, down boy!!!!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome Steve,

Feel free to ask if you can't find the answers. I've learned a lot from people here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only 8000?

Ok, question #1
Have any of you heard that there were only 8000 to be produced this year? If so, does that mean that some of us that have recently made a deposit will not get a car at all. I was told by the dealer in Newport News, Va. that he had 80 people on his list and they would only get 7 cars this year. Has anyone else heard something similar?

Steve

·
Registered
256 Posts
The numbers we are all hearing is around 10,000 this year. Each dealer was allocated roughly 20 cars. That doesn't mean that some dealers won't be able to "buy" or "trade" with other dealers in remote areas. My dealership had 15 at least check on his list and the sister dealership had around 25. The people after 20 were told that they would not be getting one this year unless someone backed out or they were able to secure some extras.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Welcome aboard:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Welcome to the asylum..... we are all a bit nuts at times.... BUT..... fun!!! Just watching as the events of our cars is played out is very interesting..... and... WE ALL... i am sure i can say this about all... WE ALL GET A BIT GREEN.. when someone GETS THEIRS.... and we are waiting.. but... WE ARE EXTREMELY HAPPY FOR THEM.... THIS IS AN AWESOME GROUP.:grouphug: .... just jump right in with whatever you need to ask or offer.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
438 Posts
They are really kicking them out! It won't be that long...but you will feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Welcome to the site, but word of warning, this place makes you anxious to get the Sky in your hot little hands!:lol:

Being #9, you may get one of this years run and we are starting to see them trickle in to members, so, and I think I speak for everyone, we are all hoping the trickle turns into a flow and we can all be posting pictures of our new "baby"!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
Hi everyone,
Looks like I'm the new guy. You know the one that knows nothing and thinks he's getting his car in two weeks, and doesn't know that he will be tied to this site until the day his car is delivered, probably in winter '06.

I've been reading all of your posts for the last couple of weeks and I've learned a lot. I now know what an image is to a dealer and that I really need one. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions over the next few months and hope to get to know some of you!

Steve

[Deposit 3/20/06 Cary, N.C. #9 I think,( some guy on the list had a heart attack and I believe he still came in so he wouldn't get skipped???) I would hate to gain a position that way.
Chili Pepper Red
Black on Black
6CD\Monsoon
Chrome wheels
Spoiler & LSD[/COLOR]
Yes, our customer did indeed suffer a heart attack. Our thoughts and prayers are with him. Word of advice. PLEASE be patient, don't guess, assume, etc, about your number in line, or your production date. Things are playing out differently every day. We get images that we can or cannot make into a particular order. (see the other post about that) Just rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to work through our waiting list and get everyone their SKY. Heck I had to tell my own father that he had to go to the bottom of the list! And this after he agreed to pay for my wedding!!! :willy:
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Yes, our customer did indeed suffer a heart attack. Our thoughts and prayers are with him. Word of advice. PLEASE be patient, don't guess, assume, etc, about your number in line, or your production date. Things are playing out differently every day. We get images that we can or cannot make into a particular order. (see the other post about that) Just rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to work through our waiting list and get everyone their SKY. Heck I had to tell my own father that he had to go to the bottom of the list! And this after he agreed to pay for my wedding!!! :willy:
Cheers,
Jill
Hope you got the money for the wedding up front or is the cheque in the mail :lol: :lol: :willy:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nighttripper said:
Hope you got the money for the wedding up front or is the cheque in the mail :lol: :lol: :willy:
Also did you tell him there was a 5% Upcharge on the wedding and that you'd add a Champagne toast for only $10,000...?
All in all just another $17,553.64 in documentation, licensing and fees...
Hehehehe:jester:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Also did you tell him there was a 5% Upcharge on the wedding and that you'd add a Champagne toast for only $10,000...?
All in all just another $17,553.64 in documentation, licensing and fees...
Hehehehe:jester:
Heeheeeheeeheeee! No wonder I love you guys!!!
Selling at MSRP,
Jill :cheers:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
.... Heck I had to tell my own father that he had to go to the bottom of the list! And this after he agreed to pay for my wedding!!! :willy:
Cheers,
Jill
Just don't be upset when he tells you there is an ordering restriction on the Wedding Cake!! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
richmcc said:
Just don't be upset when he tells you there is an ordering restriction on the Wedding Cake!! :D
OH NO.... or you can just get the REDCAKE..... instead of white.... UGH.... or how bout...... LIME GREEN RIBBONS?..... gosh,,,, hope that dont happen.... HEHEHEHE... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Saturn Sales said:
Cheers,
Jill

Hi Jill,
Why did your father have to be bumped down to the bottom?
Also, did you guys get your demo in yet? I would love to go back and actually sit in and maybe drive one.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
Hi everyone,
Looks like I'm the new guy. You know the one that knows nothing and thinks he's getting his car in two weeks, and doesn't know that he will be tied to this site until the day his car is delivered, probably in winter '06...
Definite Noobie, he thinks he will be "tied" to the site ONLY until his car is delivered!

Forget it, this is HOTEL CALIFORNIA man!!! :willy: :D :willy:

"...you can check out, but you can never leave!..."

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
richmcc said:
Definite Noobie, he thinks he will be "tied" to the site ONLY until his car is delivered!

Forget it, this is HOTEL CALIFORNIA man!!! :willy: :D :willy:

"...you can check out, but you can never leave!..."
Revised words:
"You can check out your SKY anytime you want - we just wont let ya leave.":nono:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts