Bought this beauty in January with 47,000 miles. Picture is from January shortly after delivery. Absolutely love driving this car! Only mod I’ve done so far is the DDM short throw shifter. Few other things I’m planning and have experienced:
- Started having issues with the driver side tulip flap not opening automatically when closing the top. Just started so haven’t put any effort into fixing yet.
- Ordered the RPM turbo kit and return style fuel kit. Should arrive this week but I’m still exploring my options on the weaker connecting rods.
- Looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 plus tires. I need something that will work in the snow and the current tires (Extensa HPs) are horrendous. I fish tailed on lightly wet roads at 15 mph, lost traction after washing it with slightly wet tires at 15 mph, and lost traction completely dry taking a right turn at 20 mph.
- Looking at the DDM braces.
- Still trying to decide on a front license plate holder. Currently have the plate zip tied to the grill. There are two screw holes under the bumper at the top of the grill. Thinking about putting a couple low profile L brackets there.
- Looking at replacing the Monsoon head unit with a touchscreen. I don’t have audio controls on my steering wheel, but I love the speed sensitive auto volume adjustment. Main reasons I want the touchscreen are for Bluetooth, ApplePlay, and a rear view camera.
- Rear view mirror replacement. Not looking at auto dimmer, mine just has some cracks in the mirror that annoy me.
- Learned my golf clubs just barely fit in the trunk and allow the top to go down.
- Looking for a good mechanic in noVA. Would love recommendations