Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wife has wanted a sky since we saw it at the NY Auto Show in the 2006/7 time frame. Finally bought her a 2009 Ruby Red Redline with 5 speed manual, which she doesn't know how to drive (not as dumb as I might look). Hoping to find a club or owners group in the PA area.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle
cate a club in the PA area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you not know whether your wife can work the stick or not?
Therefore you really didn't buy the car for your wife since she couldn't drive it. You bought it for yourself. :D
It was a shared decision, I got the options I wanted and she picked the car. She only thinks the manual is a downside, no doubt she will change her mind once learned. Isn't that why we buy cars with manual transmissions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you not know whether your wife can work the stick or not?
Therefore you really didn't buy the car for your wife since she couldn't drive it. You bought it for yourself. :D
I've taught both kids (son and daughter) to drive stick and they're both owned manual transmission cars/trucks. I rest my case.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Woody,

I'm in the Reading PA area, though I am not aware of any active owners groups.

Nice car, and well played! My wife can drive stick, but has only driven the Sky once since we got it. She's afraid of what will happen if she wrecks it. :cool:

Except for the wheels (mine has the dealers' option 10-spoke) our cars appear nearly identical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woody,

I'm in the Reading PA area, though I am not aware of any active owners groups.

Nice car, and well played! My wife can drive stick, but has only driven the Sky once since we got it. She's afraid of what will happen if she wrecks it. :cool:

Except for the wheels (mine has the dealers' option 10-spoke) our cars appear nearly identical.
I've only seen one other Sky with the 10 spoke wheels. Didn't realize they were a dealer installed option. We picked up and trailered the car back from Toledo just under 2 weeks ago. The only driving we've done is about a 5 minute test drive before loading it on the trailer and then off the trailer into the garage. Will probably sit now until spring when it gets new tires and an inspection. We'll have to meet up at some point and compare cars. My intention is to keep mileage under ~1k per year (it currently has ~6.6K) so it won't get out of the garage much. Have you done any shows with your?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I've only seen one other Sky with the 10 spoke wheels. Didn't realize they were a dealer installed option.
Depends on which wheels you mean. From the small picture he has, it appears that those are the wheels from the Ruby Red Special Edition (also used on the Hydro Blue edition).

They were NOT a dealer-option, but some dealers would swap the wheels out for a determined customer (even though they were not supposed to).

From his low-res picture I can't tell if he has a Special Edition (and therefore the wheels he is supposed to have), or if he just has a regular Ruby Red Sky and has wheels that the dealer swapped in.

There WAS a dealer-option wheel available in the very early days (sort of a snow-flake pattern) but they were VERY expensive and were not popular. They were discontinued sometime during the 2007 model year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depends on which wheels you mean. From the small picture he has, it appears that those are the wheels from the Ruby Red Special Edition (also used on the Hydro Blue edition).

They were NOT a dealer-option, but some dealers would swap the wheels out for a determined customer (even though they were not supposed to).

From his low-res picture I can't tell if he has a Special Edition (and therefore the wheels he is supposed to have), or if he just has a regular Ruby Red Sky and has wheels that the dealer swapped in.

There WAS a dealer-option wheel available in the very early days (sort of a snow-flake pattern) but they were VERY expensive and were not popular. They were discontinued sometime during the 2007 model year.
Not clear at all here, color me confused. My understanding was that all Ruby Reds were a "special edition" (500 total produced in 09 only). I have a ruby red and it has the standard 5 spoke wheels. As far as I recall most photos I've seen of Ruby Red's have the 5 spoke wheels. But I do recall seeing one (or more?) that had the 10 spoke (other than The Carrier's). I believe I've also seen the snow-flake patter wheels, but not necessarily on a Ruby or Hydro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts