Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a midnight blue RL w/tan seats and top. (10/23) Manual tranny and chrome wheels. Our dealer inducates that we could be waiting 9 months. Does this sound correct?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Here we go with language once again.
You say you ordered the car. Most likely it means you left a deposit and are on a list to actually order a car. Once you dealer has an allocation for you - the order will truly go in.
For all practical purposes I ordered Sunni1 on August 12 2005. In reality the order imaged March 24 2006. The car was delivered June 15, 2006.
Back in August I placed a deposit and waited for allocations. In March the allocation hit.
So the reason it takes so long is that your dealer has no allocation to order your car. Once you get your order number and see the codes you will be within 2-3 months of getting your car.
In the mean time - relax and join in the fun!:thumbs:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right...I left an "order" and a deposit. Since that time, I talked with the dealership new car sales manager. He indicated that they are waiting on an allocation. Once he gets one, he said he would enter my order. He also indicated that he expects his next allocation within a couple of months. Does that sound realistic??? :confused:

The waiting aside, this forum is really fun. It is going to make the wait almost bearable.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Right...I left an "order" and a deposit. Since that time, I talked with the dealership new car sales manager. He indicated that they are waiting on an allocation. Once he gets one, he said he would enter my order. He also indicated that he expects his next allocation within a couple of months. Does that sound realistic??? :confused:

The waiting aside, this forum is really fun. It is going to make the wait almost bearable.
Predicting allocations is like predicting a wife’s mood. :lol:
My dealer had 10 allocations (in January). They began with approximately 1 a month. --- I have not really followed it as much (too busy driving -:driving:- believe me; there will be half-way houses [no garage] for recovering Sky-drivers:rolleyes: ) since Sunni1 came home. I had last heard closer to 2 even 3 a month. With the RL tossed (BTW is your order for a Base or RedLine??) into the mix it becomes even less predictable.
I would say your dealer is giving you a realistic to pessimistic guess. So yes the wait COULD be that long, :banghead: but he his hoping for less (bet you are too)
If you can find out how many orders are before yours and at what frequency he gets allocations, well it's just math at that point. Still there are SO many things that can affect it all.
We are here for ya...:willy:
Think how well-informed you'll be!:cheers: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts
9 months is sounding more reasonable to me every day

I left my deposit in mid July 2006, and was told my order was to be placed the first week of October. With the lifting of the RL constraints, I'm back to #5 in line at my dealer as of Oct 12 or so, and was told that mine would likely be ordered the first week of Nov.

Strangely, I was told by the dealer (sales guy, sales manager) here that I still might be able to get my car by Xmas. They mentioned something about with the weather patterns, us people lucky enough to live in year round roadster weather might see faster delivery as they shift around priorties to match the season. I don't know if it's true or not.

Let's say it isn't, I would likely get my car by my estimates now in Jan or Feb, which would be around the 6-8 month range. Knowing my dealer stopped taking walkin and sit down and build the car on the computer type of deposits leads me to beleive the 9 month window is accurate.

Feel better though knowing you'll have a power door lock and power driver seat, all for the $1500 price increase Saturn has added to the car since the first release. Damn..those wiring harnesses must be expensive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We ordered a Red Line, so it looks like we'll be waiting a while. Thanks for the info :banghead:

·
Registered
491 Posts
When i first placed my deposit for my RL back in mid-Aug 2006 i was told 4-6months, but i knew it'd be more like 6-8, especially after they had that 3wk or so shutdown. I think 9mths is a 'on the safe side' guess and that you'll get it before that. The way i look at it, if the dealer says 6mths, and it arrives in 8, then you'd be upset, but if they say 9, and it arrives in 8, then they'll have a happier customer.

I just finished college and am on my first ever "real" job, so while i wait for the car i get to save more money for a downpayment that way i have to pay less a month. Besides, i live in CT, so the Sky would be in a garage all winter anways.

If you REALLY want a Sky, doesnt seem to be too hard to find a used one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts