Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturn of Route 422 in Niles, Ohio

Special Note: Due to Unexpectedly High Demand and Limited Production Capacity, We Regret that we can no Longer Accept New Orders. Please Consider a 2008 Sky When Pricing is Announced Next Year.

I was surfing for crash safety information and unexpectedly crossed on this.
As much havoc is being created in just the ordering I'd say get yours in if you are on the fence and have a dealer that has low or no numbers of people on their waiting lsit.

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
...and waiting...
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
358 Posts
StarlightSky said:
Saturn of Route 422 in Niles, Ohio

Special Note: Due to Unexpectedly High Demand and Limited Production Capacity, We Regret that we can no Longer Accept New Orders. Please Consider a 2008 Sky When Pricing is Announced Next Year.

I was surfing for crash safety information and unexpectedly crossed on this.
As much havoc is being created in just the ordering I'd say get yours in if you are on the fence and have a dealer that has low or no numbers of people on their waiting lsit.

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
...and waiting...
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
My dealer here in Maryland told me on Friday that anyone ordering now will have to wait 8 to 9 months for delivery. This includes the RL as well. But as I have discovered here on the forum as well on my own the dealers don't really know anymore than this site in fact they know less.:willy:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A statement that I agree with, the fact that they aren't going to take anymore at their car dealership for 2007 orders at the very least shows a healthy concern that they aren't going to be able to fulfill their customers orders.
Since we are already in the middle of July and only 2 cars are averaged per month per dealership it only makes sense that the best a dealership could do for the rest of the year is 12 if you count July also.
This dealership appears to want to remain true to the Saturn creed and be honest up front about it instead of just continuing to take orders for cars that won't get made this year. i have no doubt their are quite a few dealers out their that are taking as many deposits as they can, worst case is they'll have to return deposits after banking them and collecting the interest for months. Sounds to me like a win situation for a dealership and a lose position for the customer.
That said, I was impressed that a dealership would say "I'm sorry, can't get anymore this year". Those folks around Niles might want to consider a good dealership like this for their 2008 Sky order.

Imaged 23/06/06
...and waiting...
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake