Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought our new to us 2008 Redline. It took a while to find the one that matched what we were looking for and we finally found one with the Bluestone and Tan color combination we were after. We had to drive to Oklahoma (6hrs each way) to get it, but we think it was worth it. Just over 60k miles. A few door dings here and there and a couple dash lights (TPMS and airbag) I’m working on figuring out otherwise everything checks out mechanically too!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and the family.

The airbag light may be covered by a recall, and the TPMS could be a fairly simple software download at a dealer.

You can probably find information about both of them here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Thanks to this forum, I reached out to the dealer to see if the recall was applicable to my VIN and it's not, as apparently the recall was already performed. I guess it's possible the sensor has broken again or possibly just needs to be reprogrammed i'm not sure. As for the TPMS light I think your'e correct on that one too as it's an 08' and it doesn't show any of the tire pressures on the DIC and I've already tried the remote reset function to no luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The airbag recall does have a 12 month warranty from date of install...do some due diligence
Hmm good point there. I don't recall what date the dealership stated the work was performed, but she did state the date when I discussed it with them. I'll follow up for sure!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yep, thats "central Texas" used to live in Onion Creek before I retired from UT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m about 25 minutes from there. Wimberley is one of my wife’s and I’s favorite spots. We were married out there and I ride my motorcycle out that way often.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought our new to us 2008 Redline. It took a while to find the one that matched what we were looking for and we finally found one with the Bluestone and Tan color combination we were after. We had to drive to Oklahoma (6hrs each way) to get it, but we think it was worth it. Just over 60k miles. A few door dings here and there and a couple dash lights (TPMS and airbag) I’m working on figuring out otherwise everything checks out mechanically too!
For the airbag light .. it might be a sensitive sensor.. I have one... try removing anything in the passenger seat pouch, then anything under the seat, lift up the position bar, and slam-push it back.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Beautiful car in the very best color combination!

My blue and tan Redline that looks just like yours came from Austin...but you were 8 years too late to get it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice find, Great combo! I'm also in the Austin area..
I flew to San Diego to pick my RL up and drive home a few weeks back....

Don't forget to join the Sweet Rides of Central Texas fbook group! (Lots of shows, events are advertised there)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm down in San Antonio, same color combo as yours, and did a similar drive to OK to pick up mine. If you see another Bluestone redline driving up 35 to Austin, it may just be me as I drive it up there every now and then for work. I've had it a year now and finally got pulled over for no front license plate. OK doesn't require it but TX does. They gave me a warning and let me go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts