Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm down in San Antonio, same color combo as yours, and did a similar drive to OK to pick up mine. If you see another Bluestone redline driving up 35 to Austin, it may just be me as I drive it up there every now and then for work. I've had it a year now and finally got pulled over for no front license plate. OK doesn't require it but TX does. They gave me a warning and let me go.
There’s a number of us in/around CenTex. If not already, perhaps we should meetup, form a sort of CenTex Sky Roadsters club or something.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm down in San Antonio, same color combo as yours, and did a similar drive to OK to pick up mine. If you see another Bluestone redline driving up 35 to Austin, it may just be me as I drive it up there every now and then for work. I've had it a year now and finally got pulled over for no front license plate. OK doesn't require it but TX does. They gave me a warning and let me go.
I'll keep an eye out! I also was wondering about the front license plate as well. I ordered a bracket online for one this weekend as a "just in case" as I prefer the looks without it, but if I got a ticket I could quickly add it on and probably get the ticket waived that week. I know front plates have been the law here in Texas for years (although all the rest of the south and southwest only have a one plate requirement for some reason), although I do remember a few years back they updated the laws and actually forgot to attach the penalty associated for not having a front plate (I think 2012). My understanding was that they fixed that oversight though. I was hoping to be as lucky as my dad has been, driving his vette around for the last 5 + years and so far has not had any issues. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There’s a number of us in/around CenTex. If not already, perhaps we should meetup, form a sort of CenTex Sky Roadsters club or something.
I did a quick search for one locally, but didn't see anything pop up. As a fair weather town, I imagine there is quite a few of us in the area. I'm down; as there are some great drives in the area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The airbag recall does have a 12 month warranty from date of install...do some due diligence
Good call! I reached out to GM Customer Service to verify the recall work date. Looks like it was done last year in June, so just almost at a year. They wouldn't confirm the 1 year warranty on their recall, but skated around the issue if they would link to a defective unit or faulty workmanship. Nevertheless, I went ahead and set up an appointment to have it checked out tomorrow morning at the dealership. Let's see what they have to say and I'll push for them to cover as warranty under recall work.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
Good call! I reached out to GM Customer Service to verify the recall work date. Looks like it was done last year in June, so just almost at a year. They wouldn't confirm the 1 year warranty on their recall, but skated around the issue if they would link to a defective unit or faulty workmanship. Nevertheless, I went ahead and set up an appointment to have it checked out tomorrow morning at the dealership. Let's see what they have to say and I'll push for them to cover as warranty under recall work.
They know they have to honor the warranty....and of course, they get reimbursed by GM for their work. They probably do not have the part but will need to order it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I wonder how many of those things have failed in the first year after the recall...including the "taped" ones? That is why I letting mine ride. Its working now and I dont trust the recall to be an improvement. I will just take my chances that the recall will still be valid when mine fails.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
I wonder how many of those things have failed in the first year after the recall...including the "taped" ones? That is why I letting mine ride. Its working now and I dont trust the recall to be an improvement. I will just take my chances that the recall will still be valid when mine fails.
I cannot remember but I believe there may be an expiration date for this recall....maybe someone else can answer this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just got off the phone with the service department. Apparently my passenger airbag sensor has failed at the module. Which of course was not replaced during the early recall work. Previously only the sensor was reinforced. According to the service rep they only replace the module if at the time of work it has failed. They are pursuing GM to cover this under the original recall work as it was less than a year since it was performed. The part is not in stock, but if ordered tomorrow can be replaced this Friday. They also were able to correct the TPMS receiver per the TSB that has been discussed on this site.

·
Super Moderator
5,773 Posts
Just got off the phone with the service department. Apparently my passenger airbag sensor has failed at the module. Which of course was not replaced during the early recall work. Previously only the sensor was reinforced. According to the service rep they only replace the module if at the time of work it has failed. They are pursuing GM to cover this under the original recall work as it was less than a year since it was performed. The part is not in stock, but if ordered tomorrow can be replaced this Friday. They also were able to correct the TPMS receiver per the TSB that has been discussed on this site.
If it has been less than a year there should not be any question, since the work comes with a 12-month warranty regardless of which procedure was followed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
If it has been less than a year there should not be any question, since the work comes with a 12-month warranty regardless of which procedure was followed.
Yup, just got off the phone with the service dept. They were able to get GM to approve the repair under the recall. Should be ready to pick up tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the support on this one y'all!

·
Registered
349 Posts
OP Congrats on the new Sky, looks good in blue. I have a 08 Black on Red Redline that me and the wife bought new in 08 and still have with only 51k on the clock. Your in Central Texas you must know where Rockdale TX is? Brett's BBQ on Saturday from 1pm to whenever a "Drive your Car" BBQ Road trip All cars are welcome. Outdoor seating Live Music BYOB More info on Facebook on the Texas Buick page. Leaving the Sky at home though I will be in a Grand National.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
OP Congrats on the new Sky, looks good in blue. I have a 08 Black on Red Redline that me and the wife bought new in 08 and still have with only 51k on the clock. Your in Central Texas you must know where Rockdale TX is? Brett's BBQ on Saturday from 1pm to whenever a "Drive your Car" BBQ Road trip All cars are welcome. Outdoor seating Live Music BYOB More info on Facebook on the Texas Buick page. Leaving the Sky at home though I will be in a Grand National.
I do, it's about an hour and a half from my location. Thanks for the invite, BBQ always sounds good. I'm not sure we'll make it this go round though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Too bad there are no gathering in the Corpus Christi area. I would love to have an excuse to take a drive. Today is perfect top down weather. 85 degrees, enough clouds to keep from being burned up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just picked up the Sky from the dealer. All passenger airbag sensor work was covered by GM under the previous recall! A big shout out to MarlboroMike and JohnWR for their support on that. I did have to pay $50 to get the TPMS receiver reprogrammed and another $7 for the state inspection so I can finally get this car registered here and remove those Oklahoma plates I'm still sportin'.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
It most certainly did! I wasn't so lucky with the thunderstorms that passed through while the dealer had it, it's in need of good wash now. Gone are the days of dealers washing your car after service I guess.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I’m not sure if I said it before, but my dad first got me hooked on these cars back in 07’ when he bought his base Sky new. It was a great car, but he’s a diehard Vette guy and it just wasn’t a Vette so he traded it in 2015 with only 15k miles on it. I’ve always regretted not buying it from him then, but my wife was pregnant with our second child at the time and I didn’t have the spare funds. Fast forward to now and I still can’t stop being excited about having one in the garage, especially a RL. So my dad dug these treasures out of his garage this week for me to enjoy. Good thing he never gets rid of anything! The center “saddlebags” I’ve never seen anywhere else, but he swears he picked it up and the cover at the same time from the Saturn dealership.

Edit: I looked up the part number (19156076) and it was an actual GM product and it appears I didn't remember how the saddlebags installed either. It actually installs under the e-brake.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts