Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this photo in another thread but thought some of you might want the "higher" end picture that is color corrected to the true color. This image is large (550k) but better than the original I took (10 meg). Canon 20D digital with 20 mm canon 2.8 lens. Bright sunlight (car under shade in tent).

Image is 3504 x 2332 jpg. Had to compress a bit but very high quality.

Here is the link

http://www.elmhurstprop.com/Sky/skyturk full.jpg

Right click on image when it comes up and choose "save image to disk" and it will download to your computer.

Enjoy!

Is there a poll on favorite colors yet???? My wife and I really like the midnight blue!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice Picture. I like the Graphite/Silver Metalic color.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ooooooh!!!!

I love it!!!

My C5 was Navy Metallic, and I'm still trying to decide how I want to go on the Sky...I wish I could see more angles in this color---but from this one pic it looks good--

·
Registered
8 Posts
It looks really sharp in that color. But they are going to paint the windshield header silver on the non-silver cars? That's tacky as hell. Sorry.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look very closely at the front right fender you will see from left to right, saturn truck driver, me with camera, my saturn salesman's wife, saturn salesman, my wife (back) in blue (it's gonna be her car!) and finally, the local Saturn dealership manager.

Grasshopper - you must be very observant! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
WPG said:
It looks really sharp in that color. But they are going to paint the windshield header silver on the non-silver cars? That's tacky as hell. Sorry.
Yes, apparently that's the plan. If you received one of the Sky calendars, it shows all colors have the silver windshield surround as well as a silver accent band (?) behind the seats. It actually kinda works for me, but if you want yours in one color from bumper to bumper, silver is the only way to go. Of course, things can always be repainted...

Which brings up another observation: I'm not sure I like the fact that apparently all interiors come with a silver shifter console. In this instance, I'd like to see it color coordinated with the exterior.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ahhh! the dreaded rear fender mount antenna mask from the Solstice has made it's debut. I hate that antenna! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! :brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the color. The red hue from the tent wants me to have a red leather interior mix for this color.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome... thank you so much. This is the colour that I've been considering for my purchase. I quite like it :D

Thanks Again!!!

p.s. get more pictures next time :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Antenna Mast

I thought the Sky wasn't going to have an antenna mast. Can anyone confirm this???? The antenna mast kills the lines of this car, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
jpar55 said:
I thougth the sky wasn't going to have an antenna mast???? WTF!!!!!!
The show cars that first debut did not have any antennas, it was never stated there would be no visible antenna, you think the radio one is bad wait till you see the onstar one... YUKKK

BTW have you noticed how the little GM emblems keep moving around on different cars... I have seen it in 3 locations on the Sky.. on the lower front fender near the wheel, on the lower front fender near the door, and on the lower front of the door (same on the Solstice production, which is where it will probably end up tp keep the assembly line consistant.)

·
Registered
250 Posts
classic66vair said:
BTW have you noticed how the little GM emblems keep moving around on different cars... I have seen it in 3 locations on the Sky.. on the lower front fender near the wheel, on the lower front fender near the door, and on the lower front of the door (same on the Solstice production, which is where it will probably end up tp keep the assembly line consistant.)
Maybe it's magnetic on this one, and their trying to see where to best place it :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_vue said:
Maybe it's magnetic on this one, and their trying to see where to best place it :)
I can tell them where to best place it but i don't think they would go for it....LOL

I will probably move mine to the inside of the doorjam

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understanding having an antenna mast on the soltice, since it is the entry model, but if GM is trying to make saturn upscale they should KO the antenna mast. It makes the car look cheap. If you look at GM's SUV's they all have an antenna mast except for the Cadillac Escalade. If GM wants to charge more for a SKY then they should make it so. Besides the location really sucks. I understand why it there, cuz of the way the hood opens, but it's not great placement. For give the rant but GM kills me with some of their decisions.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
jpar55 said:
I understanding having an antenna mast on the soltice, since it is the entry model, but if GM is trying to make saturn upscale they should KO the antenna mast. It makes the car look cheap. If you look at GM's SUV's they all have an antenna mast except for the Cadillac Escalade. If GM wants to charge more for a SKY then they should make it so. Besides the location really sucks. I understand why it there, cuz of the way the hood opens, but it's not great placement. For give the rant but GM kills me with some of their decisions.
My Monte Carlo has it in the rear window just above the defroster, where could they hide it in the Sky?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts