Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've uploaded some very high quality photos into my gallery (click on "my gallery" on the side). For those of you who wanted to know how the clear bra looks - these images show how "invisible" it really is. Also, Jay senoff's new wind shield is in place and images show how it is installed.

Enjoy. Click on images a second time to get the full size image. Most are 360k - 650k in size.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Looks like it "dulls" the shine a bit.

In the pic of the hood, with the trees reflecting, looks like the reflection is much sharper on the part not covered with the shield.

is that true or is it just the pic?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
usmc said:

In the pic of the hood, with the trees reflecting, looks like the reflection is much sharper on the part not covered with the shield.

It does not dull the shine at all. Other pictures contest to this.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Clear Bra

Did You Have It Put On ... Or Do It Yourself?

It Looks Great By The Way!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bubbacc said:
Did You Have It Put On ... Or Do It Yourself?

It Looks Great By The Way!
I had it done proffessionaly. Hood, bumber, cowl, mirrors and in front of the rear wheels at the flair. It cost $650. I am pretty handy, but I would not try this myself.

·
Registered
574 Posts
USMC, Diana and I saw one at the dealership......

usmc said:

and it looks pretty good on silver pearl and barely if at all alters the shine....but at certain angles you definately see the line. But rock chips and repainting vs. a line that at 10 feet is invisible......:cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chris67 said:
and it looks pretty good on silver pearl and barely if at all alters the shine....but at certain angles you definately see the line. But rock chips and repainting vs. a line that at 10 feet is invisible......:cool:
Believe me, I had to shoot the picts of the hood and some of the others in a way that "enhanced" the line so you all could see it. It is nearly invisable at most angles. We were at a car show the other day and all the comments were positive about the installation. Most said they would put it on "if" the price wasn't so high. I just look at it that I don't have to fix the chips from rocks sometime down the road at probably twice the cost.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I had trouble seeing the line in the pictures. Looks like a good job indeed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
usmc said:

I want to correct myself. The "dulling" you see is the very slight ripple that is inherent to the film. It does cause a slight bluring of reflective images, but it does not stop the shine. It would be interesting to see this film on a dark color like midnight blue.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I saw it on green and it is also pretty hard to see....

Turk said:
I want to correct myself. The "dulling" you see is the very slight ripple that is inherent to the film. It does cause a slight bluring of reflective images, but it does not stop the shine. It would be interesting to see this film on a dark color like midnight blue.
I am going to get the bra after going to the 3M site. It gave me the details and specs I wanted to know.:cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Is it like the protective coating around the Buttress escutcheons? :confused: On my yellow I appreciate the protection but those clear protectors SCREAM -- CLEAR PROTECTIVE SHEET. I would go crazy with more on this car.:willy:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
Is it like the protective coating around the Buttress escutcheons? :confused: On my yellow I appreciate the protection but those clear protectors SCREAM -- CLEAR PROTECTIVE SHEET. I would go crazy with more on this car.:willy:
It's not quite as thick and because you don't see the edges much, it really dissapears on the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts