Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else wondering why the gallery has not been updated since January 25? I find it hard to believe nobody has some personal shots of the Sky from car shows/events etc. Im dying for some more pictures. Every newspaper article is using the same "official pics". Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It is not in anyplace long enough to take a picture

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
rikramer said:
Anyone else wondering why the gallery has not been updated since January 25? I find it hard to believe nobody has some personal shots of the Sky from car shows/events etc. Im dying for some more pictures. Every newspaper article is using the same "official pics". Thanks.
There's apparently less then 5 in existance and the car show scene has just started up again. As was mentioned too it's hard to find a show the Sky is at long enough for public images. Don't expect much in the way of more official images for now either. The cars a good year away from production.

·
Registered
727 Posts
There also isn't too many people on the forum to get pictures and post at this point. As the car circulates the autoshow circuit, more pictures will appear.

It would have been nice if they did not rip it out of the CIAS half way through the show.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fformula88 said:
There also isn't too many people on the forum to get pictures and post at this point. As the car circulates the autoshow circuit, more pictures will appear.

It would have been nice if they did not rip it out of the CIAS half way through the show.
Half way though the show , it was there like two days for the media and was not there when the show openned for us poor stupid people who is lusting over car that is still a year and half away.
GM take our heart, it is like dealing with your kids :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
If you go to http://media.gm.com you can watch the GM 10 authoshow they did last night for charity. The Sky is in about 5+ minutes I think. This is where it was bound from CIAS supposedly. They had the Buick Bengal before it too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
airbalancer said:
Half way though the show , it was there like two days for the media and was not there when the show openned for us poor stupid people who is lusting over car that is still a year and half away.
GM take our heart, it is like dealing with your kids :banghead:
Ha. LOL. I was at the CIAS yesterday and made sure I made my displeasure known to Saturn reps that the SKY was AWOL.
When I stated that the GM website claimed it would be shown at the CIAS, one of the reps told me that was correct because, in fact, it had been there (albeit for only the media day).
I made it clear that if it wasn't there when we (the buying public), were there, then it WASN'T there.. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was going them a ear full also but I was with my wife so I bit my tongue and look at the Solstice.
The Solstice was bigger looking in person.
What did you think look better, your Z4 or the Solstice

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bitched at the Saturn rep. He said he was angry when his General Manager told him it wasn't going to be there for very long. Apparently they knew about this well in advance (so the guy told me). He also said it was there for a grand total of 6 hours. I got a 2'by2' poster of the sky out of it for my bitching :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I'm placing my order tonight, I'm I'm going to make it clear that if it's not there, I'll cancel my order until I get a chance to look at it. The care show comes here to Dallas in April, so it better have made it's rounds by then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I sent an email to a dealer after the Sky was missing this was her reply
Hi Mark, I am really sorry to hear that as I was going to go to the Auto show on Wednesday to see the Sky as well. I am really sorry that you feel that way about GM and I agree, it is not the media who buys the cars. I as a consumer and not a salesperson am very disappointed. I wish we had some idea of what GM plans to do for these shows but just like you we have no control or even knowledge of what they do. We were told, to the best of my knowledge, that it was going to be there and that was why we were all going to go. Not sure if we will now. Hope this does not change your opinion of Saturn of Peterborough and if I can get a prototype brought to the store I will let you know. They usually will give us one for a couple of days before production starts but I have not heard of anything set up as of yet.
If I can help you in anyway please let me know.
Suzanne Ferris
(866)572-7138

I also sent her a link to this site
I wonder if she will be on

·
Registered
109 Posts
airbalancer said:
I was going them a ear full also but I was with my wife so I bit my tongue and look at the Solstice.
The Solstice was bigger looking in person.
What did you think look better, your Z4 or the Solstice
I personally like the edgy styling of the Z4 and that's why I like the design of the Sky (cause it also has an edgyness) over the Soltsice.
That said, I thought the Solstice was very nice, and my wife preferred the Solstice to all the other roadsters at the CIAS (incl the SLK350, Boxster, S2000, TT, Viper, Vette, Ferrari, et al), :eek: :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
castleking said:
I was at the Chic. show in the last weekend. The sky was there. I guess they took it out for another show or something temporarily.
:mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is there a reason no one has posted the images from the MPH article. I've heard all about the contest to win one but none of the awesome shots taken. Are there legal reasons or is it OK to post them here?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Knightsky said:
Is there a reason no one has posted the images from the MPH article. I've heard all about the contest to win one but none of the awesome shots taken. Are there legal reasons or is it OK to post them here?
My general opinion on web-posted images (from a layman's interpretation and after reading an article on subject in PC Magazine) is that these images can be downloaded to a personal pc for personal use and cannot and should not be used in any way for financial gain. Some images will be copyrighted, some will not. Some copyrighted images will note that case, some will not. The following ideas may help, or may not
  1. Post a link to the images instead of the images themselves
  2. post the images along with a link to the site from which they came
  3. always, always give credit to the source or author of anything you did not write, produce or otherwise come up with yourself
  4. be willing to pull anything you have posted immediately if contacted by the source if that source expresses displeasure at the free disemination of their product

1 - 20 of 26 Posts