Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pics are from the Sky/Sol factory and it would appear yellow is being made as we speak. Lots of good pics...even a tan top.

The spoiler is different than I expected but I am glad I got it as I know my dealership did not order any others with it.

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44868

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Taking pictures in the factory without permission is a big no-no. And because the Sky hasn't been released yet, I know permission hasn't been granted.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't take 'em...just found em online. Exciting though isn't it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the fantastic pics CdnSKyGuy! All I can say is AMAZING! I definitely want a spoiler now that I've seen an up close picture of what it will look like. I got my personalized plates in and they say MY SKY on them so I put a call into my dealer and told him now I'm just waiting on my car! He seems quite sure we'll know something this week or next! Whoo-hoo! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
er... what spoiler... all i saw was 2 pairs of nice "bags"... :D :drool:

jk! definitely want the spoiler on my sky!............ and those bags too... heh!

·
Registered
25 Posts
marlboromike said:
No Lights in Spoiler...how boring. They missed it!

MarlboroMike
Lights in the spoiler and the rear fascia would just be redundant, I like it just the way it is.

btw, a friend of mine was accused for leaking photos of the new corvette just before it came out and he was fired for it. GM doesn't screw around when it comes to that kind of thing! I wouldn't be surprised if those pics magically go away in the near future.

·
Registered
623 Posts
spoiler look weird. I'll have to see it in person to make a final call. Is it just me or do those shots make the fit and finish look shoddy?

Could these be some of those "dealer cars"

·
Registered
149 Posts
Chewievette said:
btw, a friend of mine was accused for leaking photos of the new corvette just before it came out and he was fired for it. GM doesn't screw around when it comes to that kind of thing! I wouldn't be surprised if those pics magically go away in the near future.

I think that it will be fine, #1 this car is about to come out. #2 the Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, are all "next generation" cars that they might want to keep secert what the new body style is. The Sky is a brand new car and GM wants this baby plastered all over the place. The images have been realeased, he hasn't "leaked" any images, the sky is all over the internet, TV, and even bilboards. I think this guy will be alright.

With that said, GOOD GOD, could I want anything more then this car. GEEZ

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was simply pointing out that there could be the possibility of that happening so if you want the pics Save them! Not to mention that if you dont you can Never seem to find them when you are looking for them!

I still want to see both the sky and solstice in person so I can compare before I decide which I'm going to buy but I think that with the price difference and the power stuff being standard on the sky I'm leaning twards the solstice. Although I just cant get over how mean and agressive the Sky looks! I think I'll get one of each, mod the sol preserve the sky, now where did I put that extra $30,000?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not bad at all-- though I have to say I'm really annoyed at the very obvious wrinkles that are visible in the top-- do we need to get a skilled Korean tailor on the job at the factory? I know mine can make anything look well-fitted-- even if a multi-billion dollar company can't. ;)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
ruledawg said:
I think that it will be fine, #1 this car is about to come out. #2 the Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, are all "next generation" cars that they might want to keep secert what the new body style is. The Sky is a brand new car and GM wants this baby plastered all over the place. The images have been realeased, he hasn't "leaked" any images, the sky is all over the internet, TV, and even bilboards. I think this guy will be alright.

With that said, GOOD GOD, could I want anything more then this car. GEEZ
Unfortunately, you are not exactly correct - the images have not been "officially released". The spoiler shown has not been on any of the cars travelling around the country, and the special color has only shown up on "off property" candid shots.

Unauthorized pics from inside a GM facility are definitely those types of things where people loose their jobs.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yep, that is a production car, because the GM pimple (next to tire) is in the right location. :thumbs: I hate to see those **** RSA tires on the Sky ... wish you could opt for the F1s (for us down South). :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Nice pic's. I hope we don't get into trouble from Saturn or GM :angel:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
nice pics. But still no spoiler for me. Makes the rear look shorter and square. if it were like the one on the GXP Solstice maybe. :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lost Sol said:
Yep, that is a production car, because the GM pimple (next to tire) is in the right location. :thumbs: I hate to see those **** RSA tires on the Sky ... wish you could opt for the F1s (for us down South). :willy:

Does anyone know if the wheel in the pic is the painted alloy or chrome alloy?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
futureskyowner said:
Defintely not chrome, chrome is major bling-bling shiny.

·
Registered
328 Posts
futureskyowner said:
I guess and hope that it is the base wheel (painted) because they are pretty dull looking.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts