Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it was worth the 2 plus hour drive to see the Sky, in Cloumbia, SC. Larger than I thought it would be, the lines on it are wonderful (better than the roundness of the solsitce). The sun was shinning on all that chrome and I just wanted to take it home with me, even though it is not the color that I want. Some lady, read the sign that said "DONT TOUCH" and decided to just run her hands all over the drivers side. It was very funny and I bet every person there wanted to do that too.
I was worried that you might need to be 150 lbs and 5'5" to get in and be comfortable but WOW it is really big inside, with tons of leg room. BUT alas, I did realize that I will have to take a fanny pack with me and nothing else, cause with my hubby and I in there, we will have zero room for anything else. AND I DONT CARE.
This car is made for cruzing the roads with the top down and not caring about a darn thing, just enjoyment.
So I will share a few pictures. THANK YOU SKY DEALER for letting me know about this event. FOOD WAS GREAT TOO. NOW WE WAIT
Kimberly :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:
Well it was worth the 2 plus hour drive to see the Sky, in Cloumbia, SC. Larger than I thought it would be, the lines on it are wonderful (better than the roundness of the solsitce). The sun was shinning on all that chrome and I just wanted to take it home with me, even though it is not the color that I want. Some lady, read the sign that said "DONT TOUCH" and decided to just run her hands all over the drivers side. It was very funny and I bet every person there wanted to do that too.
I was worried that you might need to be 150 lbs and 5'5" to get in and be comfortable but WOW it is really big inside, with tons of leg room. BUT alas, I did realize that I will have to take a fanny pack with me and nothing else, cause with my hubby and I in there, we will have zero room for anything else. AND I DONT CARE.
This car is made for cruzing the roads with the top down and not caring about a darn thing, just enjoyment.
So I will share a few pictures. THANK YOU SKY LINE for letting me know about this event. FOOD WAS GREAT TOO. NOW WE WAIT
Not a prob..sorry I missed seeing you....That car is a real some...good things come to those who wait...:D but in the mean time:banghead: here's to you and all of us future "SKY" owners......:cheers: by chance did you have on a "CLEMSON" T-SHIRT?

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Clemson T

sky_line said:
Not a prob..sorry I missed seeing you....That car is a real some...good things come to those who wait...:D but in the mean time:banghead: here's to you and all of us future "SKY" owners......:cheers: by chance did you have on a "CLEMSON" T-SHIRT?
No CLEMSON T-SHIRT, I have only been here 6 years from Canada and I still cant get into the COLLEGE FOOTBALL thing yet, NASCAR YES, I plan to get to a game some time soon, I hear they are lots of fun.
KIMBERLY

·
Registered
242 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:
No CLEMSON T-SHIRT, I have only been here 6 years from Canada and I still cant get into the COLLEGE FOOTBALL thing yet, NASCAR YES, I plan to get to a game some time soon, I hear they are lots of fun.
KIMBERLY
had a great time, though!

·
Registered
89 Posts
sky_line said:
Hey Sky_line, that was me with the Clemson shirt...did I talk to you? :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Clemson T-shirt

waywyrd said:
Hey Sky_line, that was me with the Clemson shirt...did I talk to you? :)
WERE YOU WITH SOMEONE.........CHECK MY THREAD....I HAVE ON THE RED/BLACK SHIRT.....YOU MAY BE IN ONE OF THE PICS!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Good job Kim. I especially like the one looking over the trunk into the passanger area.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rick112 said:
Good job Kim. I especially like the one looking over the trunk into the passanger area.
That is my favorite one as well, makes ya want to run your hands all over it!!!!!
How is the weather in TO? I am originally from Guelph.
K

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for the email Kimberly. I had to roll out on short notice, so that is why I was out of the forum last week. Thanks for the Sky information :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I like pictures with people in them to "scale" the car. It IS bigger than I thought. I am - however - hoping for a drivers seat that has a bit of jet fighter in it. Does the sky have a LOT of separation from the passenger seat - or is there a lot of shared space? :rolleyes:

Waiting :banghead:

After purcahse (May??) :cheers:

Driving :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Does the sky have a LOT of separation from the passenger seat - or is there a lot of shared space? :rolleyes:
I thought it was separated pretty well by the console. There was a little storage compartment between the backs of the seats that was nice. Oh, and the pop-out cup holder too. Hard to tell how it feels without actually sitting in one, though! :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:
So I will share a few pictures. THANK YOU SKY DEALER for letting me know about this event. FOOD WAS GREAT TOO. NOW WE WAIT
thanks Kim, It looks like the same one that was in Knoxville Tn a couple weeks ago...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Along long time ago I dreamed that I wanted a roadster, I was still in the Army just ready to get out . My dream was fulfilled when I went and bought a 1975 Triumph Spitfire. I did not come home for two days. I drove that car, slept in that car, ate in that car until I was satisfied with myself. I then garage kept it until I got married. I let the car go downhill. Then one day I tore it all apart. Rebuilt it from the ground up. I talked to it and it talked back in performance. I still have her and she still runs like a purring kitten. What I am trying to say is that now it is happening again in my later years. Every time I see a picture of the Sky, I dream what it will be like to sleep , eat ,drive, this fine machine for at least two days to bond again with my heart nay my soul as I take one of the last driving experiances of my 55 year old life. Truely just me and the Sky. Amen. :cheers: :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Does the sky have a LOT of separation from the passenger seat - or is there a lot of shared space?
The drive tunnel going through the passenger compartment is pretty prominent- I felt like the passenger side of the car seemed kinda far away. I took one pic that shows part of it. Maybe a Sol owner can take a better pic for you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
reedred said:
The drive tunnel going through the passenger compartment is pretty prominent- I felt like the passenger side of the car seemed kinda far away. I took one pic that shows part of it. Maybe a Sol owner can take a better pic for you.
It does give a definte sense of seperation, but it also gives a very nice sense of being your own personal space. Nice and snug and secure while driving.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:
That is my favorite one as well, makes ya want to run your hands all over it!!!!!
How is the weather in TO? I am originally from Guelph.
K

Guelph!!! ... Haha... I live in Guelph right now :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts