Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the kit, but........

I have some concerns about the introduction of a reflecting surface into the drivers primary vision area, the sky is a roadster and designed to be driven top down ( except in the case of the lcd display on the radio :lol: ). That being said the polished aluminum might act like the introduction of a mirror and introduce distracting glare into the cabin, was any safety testing done to ensure using the kit will keep the car safe when driving with the sun over the shoulder of the driver?

My biggest worry would be that under certain conditions the extra reflecting surface would be about the same is having another driver drive towards you with their high beams on.

Note
I do not wish to in anyway break the rules of the forum, if this post contains anything that the moderators feel is inappropriate or is located in the incorrect area, please feel free to delete or move aas you see fit.

Thanks
Rusty

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Some good points! Never thought about sun!
I think they did a nice job, it looks good. But it does scream OVERLAY. Someone had suggested a wood grain one -- It may look ok too but, if it is just another contact paper overlay (shelf liner) it would not do much for the looks. The thickness seems to be in the way for a few of the buttons (the upper left button of the radio leaps out at me) It looks like a machined billet of aluminum with a hole drilled in it so you can (hopefully) put your finger into to push the button.
Just observation and this from a guy who really likes to keep his cars stock.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Note
I do not wish to in anyway break the rules of the forum, if this post contains anything that the moderators feel is inappropriate or is located in the incorrect area, please feel free to delete or move aas you see fit.

Thanks
Rusty
Honestly, I don't want to reopen old wounds, but is this to what we have been reduced? Second guessing ourselves? Maybe Skyepilot can start another new thread on this subject:lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,570 Posts
The last official word I read from a moderator on this subject basically said that, as long as you stay out of a product announcement thread, you can say anything you want, as long as it is said politely, and is at least somewhat constructive.

I think you are safe, Rusty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts