Saturn Sky Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If using Firefox I added the ad-on mentioned here.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/warning-unresponsive-script

Not sure if this has anything to do with your situation or not. It's called yescript and it solved my problem when I was getting the same error message as in your first post.
Thanks, Joe. I am aware of yesscript, and it just masks the problem on this website, it doesn't solve the problem. As I mentioned, this issue was resolved successfully over on Solsticeforum recently. Whatever they did over there to resolve this issue needs to be applied to this forum.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A brief flash of an interim screen while I was typing the previous message reminded me of something that I think I mentioned on the thread on Solsticeforum (see message #2 in this thread).

The script involved here appears to be accessing my entire list of attachments, which currently runs to 14 pages of attachments. Since I have a lot of attachments over the course of the last 10 or 11 years, this may be why I am seeing this more than others.

Just a "for what it is worth" message.

·
Administrator
251 Posts
A brief flash of an interim screen while I was typing the previous message reminded me of something that I think I mentioned on the thread on Solsticeforum (see message #2 in this thread).

The script involved here appears to be accessing my entire list of attachments, which currently runs to 14 pages of attachments. Since I have a lot of attachments over the course of the last 10 or 11 years, this may be why I am seeing this more than others.

Just a "for what it is worth" message.

Thank you for providing as much as information as you could, I have passed on this information to the techs to see if they can resolved the issue.

Thank you so much :)

Case #: 2172573

~ Glenda

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you for providing as much as information as you could, I have passed on this information to the techs to see if they can resolved the issue.

Thank you so much :)

Case #: 2172573

~ Glenda
Thank you, Glenda, for bringing it to their attention.

: DaveOC :

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Yeah, well I have been a Lifetime member since i got the car what 2 months now, still doesn't show and I only have 500 message storage, which is odd as its not even a level you can get. Sent 2 messages so far and no reply.
Looks like we both got the Banner! Now Marvic 1 has two:cheers:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks like we both got the Banner! Now Marvic 1 has two:cheers:
I'm happy that there has been a resolution to that Lifetime Supporting Member issue for several of you. It helps to have Robo on your side!

Marvic's account has been hosed up on here for a while.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I'm happy that there has been a resolution to that Lifetime Supporting Member issue for several of you. It helps to have Robo on your side!

Marvic's account has been hosed up on here for a while.

Never really noticed Marvic's redundancy :nerd:

and yes, Robo is a busy guy around here!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just logged on into this website without using my Username / Password or "Ad Blocker" (off)..
The computer after 3 minutes or less locked up on me. I tried it again and notice this website has a Million Script and video files trying to load at the same time!
This is Horrible, had to go into "Task Manager" to shout down the browser because of this site...
Yup, for nonsubs it's a wretched experience. Not just a bother, we're talking about high end workstations spinning their fans up to cool down, and when editing a post the focus is constantly stolen away from the edit box due to some ad or ad script on the page (because if you strip all the ads off the page the problems, all of them, go away.)

No ad blocker and non-premium? This site and others like it will eat your browser for lunch.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I found a cure...or partial cure!

There is a program called PC Medic. It is available online. I havent any idea what the cost is because I DID NOT have to buy it. The page offers a FREE scan and repair. When You use this "FREE" version, at the end it offers to "fix" about 1/3rd of the problems it found and wants money to repair ALL the problems.

I elected to take the 1/3rd FREE. I dont know what they did, but my problems went away without buying anything.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Hmm. Decided to see if my complaint has been resolved yet, hit "reply" on a post and went into the pause, when I got the error message about the script, I told it to stop the script. I then went into my profile by clicking on my login name up above after the "Welcome,"

What do I see shortly thereafter? This:

:past Activity: Today 07:26 PM
:Current Activity: Managing Attachments

Needless to say, I wasn't managing attachments, but since the script seems to be reading my attachments, I am not surprised that the forum thinks I'm "managing attachments."

@Administrator

Just another hint of what is going on back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
:toetap:

Just checking . . .

No, not working correctly, yet.

:sorry:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Wait a second . . . wasn't it last Friday when I reported this issue? Let me check . . . yes it was!

I wonder how long the "to do" list is for the techs.

Oh well . . .

:seeya:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
They're catching the issue across several sites on the network, I'm bumping it right now.

Kyle
Thanks, Kyle, it's not a big problem for me, just a PITA at times. As I said earlier, identical problem solved by them on Solsticeforum last month!

When it's fixed, it's fixed. Until then, I can deal with it.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.