Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this scan tool up for sale on Vector's site tonight...

DashHawk

Does anyone know anything about it? It looks like it pretty much monitors just about anything on the car and you can download all the results to the computer and analyze. SWEEEETTT!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Nice...now if we can just get Chris to convince Charles over at DHP to get us a PowerTuner I'd be estatic! LOL

And does that thing measure KR? Granted us N/A guys could care less but those boosting these cars NEED that.

·
Super Moderator
6,638 Posts
In theory it can read KR from the PCM, but so far everything I have read says that, for now anyway, scan tools can only read the generic OBDII parameters.

I'd like to know if this one may be the first scan tool that can read more.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Redlines are being retuned via the ECU due to running too rich. I'd wait until final production before buying aftermarket ECU tuners. 14% spark advance?! That's insane! WAY too much.

14% or 14 Degrees? It all depends on the car. In our Grand Prix community stock timing is around 15-16 degrees. When we bump it up, I've seen as high as 23-25 degrees advanced...not often and this is a low compression engine but I've seen it. With the Sky's MUCH higher compression (but no boost for the base model...) I'd figure your timing can't be that high. Same with the boosted R/L...on GTPs running a blower we rarely see boost numbers as high as 20 lbs...for us 10-14 is more the norm (though right now I'm somewhere above the 15 lb range...just not sure where. LOL).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts