·
Registered
357 Posts
Here's what was posted on C&G & Saturnfans:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ummmm..

I was JUST given this like 1-2 hours ago... I just got the pictures ready to post, and then I come here and see this... HAHA!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Apparently this:

is the same as this:

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm not liking the silver aound the foglight area.

why does every car company now try to make their cars all flashy!? ditch all the chrome and random colors (especially chrome)! why can't they make a nice sleek clean car?

·
Registered
234 Posts
themann42 said:

why does every car company now try to make their cars all flashy!? ditch all the chrome and random colors (especially chrome)! why can't they make a nice sleek clean car?
Because a majority of people like the chrome and flash.. you are paying for an upgraded model are they supposed to upgrade nothing but the engine?

it will look good on silver and black definately, seeing as how around the front glass is painted silver I think it is a good match.

·
Registered
389 Posts
themann42 said:

Just like fashion trends car styles move in cycles. Chrome has been out of style for a while and I think it is starting to make a comeback. A lot of the new models of different makes are starting to add some chrome. I actually like it, but I also like the looks of classic cars and the new ones with retro looks.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jordan said:
you are paying for an upgraded model are they supposed to upgrade nothing but the engine?
no i'm not saying to upgrade nothing but the engine. there are plenty of things they could do besides the engine or chrome. look at the pics below. whether u like the cars or not, i think everyone would agree the srt version looks 1000 times better than the base version. they upgraded just about everything: front facia, rear facia, side skirts, hood, wing, wheels, and that's just appearance-wise. also not only did they not add chrome, but they actually removed chrome. with each higher model of the neon, they remove some chrome.

i think it's these kinds of visual upgrades they should do to the redline, to really set it apart and make it even better looking than it already is.

anyways chrome being gaughty or flashy is just my opinion, i didn't mean to drag this off topic! i'm done now:lol:

i still love the looks of the sky either way, i'll just have to make some minor adjusments:thumbs:

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
That is indeed a photochop.

Distinguishing factors from regular to regular to redline have been discussed.

look at what the GXP Solstice lists, this should give you a better idea of what the Sky RL will have.

As with other members of GXP family, the Solstice GXP provides a number of standard features not available on the base model, including:

* Unique front and rear fascias
* High polish, dual-outlet exhaust
* StabiliTrak vehicle stability enhancement system
* 3.73 rear axle ratio
* Interior refinements including unique GXP gauge cluster and Cobalt Red seat stitching

The GXP also comes standard with a number of features available as options on the base model, including:

* Sport suspension system
* Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock
* Limited-slip rear differential
* Power window/locks/mirrors and remote keyless entry
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel with accessory controls and cruise control
* Driver information center
* 18-inch polished aluminum wheels

Additional options include a rear deck spoiler, leather seating, sport metallic pedals, chrome wheels, enhanced audio options, including XM Satellite Radio, and OnStar.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Looks hte "same" to me

Actually it does look the same to me - the difference being that one picture is the Sliver Pearl and the other is the Silver Graphite. as on all Skys certain trim pieces such as around the windshield and in front of the Aero Farings are the same color as the Silver Pearl - so on a Silver Pearl those features do not stand out but on any other color they do provide a contrast.

Still it might be nice if you had the option of having various trim pieces either in body color or as chrome accents.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unlike many, I really LIKE the fact that the visual differences are very subtle. There is nothing to my GTO that visually distinguishes it from a showroom stock car, but it is anything but stock, for example. Plus, the first S2000 who thinks it is a normal SKY and tries to pull ahead will see the first indication of more power- twin exhaust outlets :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GRinLR said:
Just like fashion trends car styles move in cycles. Chrome has been out of style for a while and I think it is starting to make a comeback. A lot of the new models of different makes are starting to add some chrome. I actually like it, but I also like the looks of classic cars and the new ones with retro looks.
LONG LIVE CHROME!!!... I am tired of the Earl Shibe look of monocolor or the "European look of flat black trim... Bring on good old AMERICAN Chrome! now we need real metal chrome instead of chrome plated plastic....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Someone probably scanned the fold out pamphlet.. There is a wide angle fold out of the regular sky, and these pictures are on the back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That aura is looking pretty nice.

This sky just gets prettier with any newer pictures. I never noticed the lids on the headlights before.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.