Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The link is good, but if one does a search on e-bay the car does not come up!! Go figure.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
The link is good, but if one does a search on e-bay the car does not come up!! Go figure.
The seller has it classified strange, try a saturn sky search and include search in title and description. I guess they did not have a clue how to sell on e-bay they did not include "Saturn, Sky, Redline, or Red Line" in his search terms.........Must not be to bright :lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
From the E-Bay posting:

Brand New 2007 Sky Redline Turbo, odometer was 50 miles when I took the picture, but I've put a few miles on it, I can't help but drive it, this car is a blast and is gorgeous. I ordered this car last September, but now my winter car is quickly dying and I can't afford to buy another car plus this. Vehicle was picked up from dealership last Saturday, 9/30, and has stayed in the garage except for some nice drives on the two days the weather has been nice.

This Sky does have a color combination that you can't order, a Premium Black & Tan Leather Interior with a Black Top, which looks fantastic!! I originally wanted this combination, but you can only order a Black Interior with Black Top, or Black & Tan Interior with Tan Top. I think the Tan Top with a dark car looks terrible, so I ordered the Black & Black, but the dealership made a mistake and ordered the Tan & Tan, I told them I was fine with the Tan Interior because it does look great and the leather won't get as hot in the sun, so they agreed to swap out the top with another vehicle that had a black top. I think this is the best color combination on a Midnight Blue or Black Sky, but you can't order it for some reason.

Vehicle is in Perfect Condition, but it's great to have the new for 2007 100,000 mile warranty from GM in case anything happens and the warranty is fully transferrable.

I do have a loan on the Sky.

This guy only has eight (count 'em) transactions since September of 2003 and a majority of those are purchases. Now he comes up with 12 pictures of a RedLine and says he can't afford to have two cars, he has to find or fix a beater (one of our local terms meaning a rust bucket, lead sled, grandma's-Cordoba) to get him through the winter...... Hummmmmmmm...... Would you sell a car that you waited a year for, is "a blast and gorgeous" and only had four days? Kinda makes you wonder.

The city of Pontiac is almost in my backyard..... I'll see if I can get a closer look at the car to see if the deal is for real. It's interesting that he's listing it as having the top modified by the dealer, swapping out the tan for the black. So that means there is a Sky / Solstice at a dealer with a black interior and a tan top or was the black top just pulled off the Service department's shelf?

I've been on Scam-Bay before and had to return some very expensive purchases due to misrepresentation (apologies to all you E-Bayers who do conduct ligitimate business, but once bitten, twice shy....). Now his starting price is $30,000 and of course a higher reserve..... It does not have what I consider the premium options (chromes, XM and CD player are all missing) and those would command that steep a price, but it will be interesting to see if he gets that or more. With it not hitting on the search, this forum may be the only place that is seeing it.....

We'll see what happens......

HoldHard

PS: No it's not mine....... I already have a running beater...... :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Another eBay siteing - not a Sky but interesting

Wonder when this might happen to the Sky. This is a link to an eBay sale of a kit car...it is a kit car of the BMW Z8.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repl...018QQitemZ280033628290QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

It is built on the chassis of a BMW Z4...maybe for someone who doesn't want to wait until next year for their Sky Red Line. The description explains a lot about the Z8. It doesn't mention that the Z8 was a limited production - only 5K of them in the world, hence a collectors item and perfect target for a low priced kit car. The original Z8 with a 396 HP V8 M Engine does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds..:D. It is governed at 150 mph. The kit car is still a Z4 underneath but interesting to see. :thumbs:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try the search again guys its working...he changed the title to include Redline, Red line and Turbo...maybe it took ebay sometime to have the new/changed listing cycle through...but I did a search this morning and it showed up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got a laugh out of where it is located....Pontiac, MI

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interior is black with tan accents, which I believe comes with black top.
You are right...the Tan top orign. came with the car but that was the salepersons fault. It was supposed to be ordered with the Black/black combo so we switched the top out for the customer. The saleslady was in a little heat that day:lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
From the E-Bay posting:

Brand New 2007 Sky Redline Turbo, odometer was 50 miles when I took the picture, but I've put a few miles on it, I can't help but drive it, this car is a blast and is gorgeous. I ordered this car last September, but now my winter car is quickly dying and I can't afford to buy another car plus this. Vehicle was picked up from dealership last Saturday, 9/30, and has stayed in the garage except for some nice drives on the two days the weather has been nice.

This Sky does have a color combination that you can't order, a Premium Black & Tan Leather Interior with a Black Top, which looks fantastic!! I originally wanted this combination, but you can only order a Black Interior with Black Top, or Black & Tan Interior with Tan Top. I think the Tan Top with a dark car looks terrible, so I ordered the Black & Black, but the dealership made a mistake and ordered the Tan & Tan, I told them I was fine with the Tan Interior because it does look great and the leather won't get as hot in the sun, so they agreed to swap out the top with another vehicle that had a black top. I think this is the best color combination on a Midnight Blue or Black Sky, but you can't order it for some reason.

Vehicle is in Perfect Condition, but it's great to have the new for 2007 100,000 mile warranty from GM in case anything happens and the warranty is fully transferrable.

I do have a loan on the Sky.

This guy only has eight (count 'em) transactions since September of 2003 and a majority of those are purchases. Now he comes up with 12 pictures of a RedLine and says he can't afford to have two cars, he has to find or fix a beater (one of our local terms meaning a rust bucket, lead sled, grandma's-Cordoba) to get him through the winter...... Hummmmmmmm...... Would you sell a car that you waited a year for, is "a blast and gorgeous" and only had four days? Kinda makes you wonder.

The city of Pontiac is almost in my backyard..... I'll see if I can get a closer look at the car to see if the deal is for real. It's interesting that he's listing it as having the top modified by the dealer, swapping out the tan for the black. So that means there is a Sky / Solstice at a dealer with a black interior and a tan top or was the black top just pulled off the Service department's shelf?

I've been on Scam-Bay before and had to return some very expensive purchases due to misrepresentation (apologies to all you E-Bayers who do conduct ligitimate business, but once bitten, twice shy....). Now his starting price is $30,000 and of course a higher reserve..... It does not have what I consider the premium options (chromes, XM and CD player are all missing) and those would command that steep a price, but it will be interesting to see if he gets that or more. With it not hitting on the search, this forum may be the only place that is seeing it.....

We'll see what happens......

HoldHard

PS: No it's not mine....... I already have a running beater...... :D
It is a real deal. And at the most recent bid 31,100 he is NOT making anything yet....I know because I work at the dealer that delivered the car. So in other words at this point it's a great deal for someone.

·
Registered
804 Posts
It is a real deal. And at the most recent bid 31,100 he is NOT making anything yet....I know because I work at the dealer that delivered the car. So in other words at this point it's a great deal for someone.
True, for a barely over the base car, he would still need a bid of $31,135 to break even (29370 car +6% MI State tax). Some dream cars become nightmares when life happens.:banghead:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was thinking of posting this auction in the forum, but wasn't sure about the selling rules on this site, this is my Sky though. Thanks for the support Skyguy and thanks to the Troy dealership for switching out the top, it kind of sucks to sell it, but I can't have a $30k car sitting in the garage during the winter and not be able to get to work on a snowy day. I was going to cancel my order, but figured I could at least get my money back for it and at $31k with a few days left with 90+ people watching the auction, that won't be an issue. And at least I got to drive my car on a few nice days before it started snowing today.

Thanks for the ad all.

And Rustyknight, I know how to post on Ebay, but for some reason it takes a little bit of time for Ebay to verify a car before they get it in their search. Don't be rude, you never know who's reading.:nono:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Redline on Ebay

This is my Redline, kind of sucks to get rid of it, but it's not practical for me and I've got to get a better winter car. I was going to cancel my order, but they called and I figured I could at least drive it for a bit and sell it on ebay for what I paid. Hopefully it finds a good home:

Link

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oh you have already been the topic of some conversation on the forum

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
My advice, well now you put her up for sale--Not right you adding miles to it--Park it--It will be sold--guaranteed--

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was thinking of posting this auction in the forum, but wasn't sure about the selling rules on this site, this is my Sky though. Thanks for the support Skyguy and thanks to the Troy dealership for switching out the top, it kind of sucks to sell it, but I can't have a $30k car sitting in the garage during the winter and not be able to get to work on a snowy day. I was going to cancel my order, but figured I could at least get my money back for it and at $31k with a few days left with 90+ people watching the auction, that won't be an issue. And at least I got to drive my car on a few nice days before it started snowing today.

Thanks for the ad all.

And Rustyknight, I know how to post on Ebay, but for some reason it takes a little bit of time for Ebay to verify a car before they get it in their search. Don't be rude, you never know who's reading.:nono:
Hey as for as I'm concerned GOOD LUCK I hope you do make $$. You waited for it so I hope it works out....hey it's not only the dealer that should make $$:thumbs:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ah! Welcome! Indeed I was looking at your Redline and mentioned it on these forums in another thread. I had some questions though I'll just report here if nobody minds:

1) buying in one state, bringing it to another? -- It's in Michigan and I'm in California. Would it be certified for CA emission? How could I get it registered here?

Nevermind! I see that it does conform to Cali.

2) radio -- has the base when I wanted the monsoon (single CD). Although I'm guessing this is pretty darn minor. Anyone know if this is easy to replace at the dealer if I really wanted to?

Skyinmi, as somewhat crazy as it is for me, if Issue #1 weren't a problem, I'm _seriously_ considering placing a bid, buying a plane ticket, and having a blast driving that puppy back to LA!

I just noticed you replied to me on Ebay. Should have checked there first but forgot. Anyway, thanks for that. And, uh-oh, I see it does meet California, so really, assuming I can live with a manual over an automatic, is there really a reason for me not to get this and drive it all the way back! Hmm. Decision time!

·
Premium Member
921 Posts

Thanks for the ad all.

skyinmi my apologies, my comments were not meant to offend anyone.

I merely found the listing humorous since you listed one of the most sought after cars in the country, but you did not know how to list it properly or made an error in how you originally posted the listing such that it did not show up as a Saturn sky. Also please note if you wish to chide me for finding your e-bay listing humorous feel free I will take full responsibility, and you can note I offered my apology at the start of the post.

But please you might also want to note that every time you edit an e-bay listing, e-bay keeps a record of what you change, and that change log is just one click away for anyone who would like to see what you changed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=300035225863

And anyone who checks out the change log for your auction is free to note that you did not list it as a Saturn sky redline when you first created the posting, you had to edit the listing after the fact to get it to show up in the search function because you listed it as "other" originally if this was because you did not know how or because you made typing error I don't know, but that is what made it seem humorous to me.

So please don't tell me I'm rude because I don't know who might be reading my post, since you never know who might be reading the change log from your auction.......:nono:

All that being said good luck with your auction, I think that the Saturn Sky is a great car and, I envy you knowing that you have actually gotten to own and drive a redline even if it is only for awhile. My best guess is you will probably do quite well on the sale since the demand does not seem to be slacking off........:thumbs:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ah! Welcome! Indeed I was looking at your Redline and mentioned it on these forums in another thread. I had some questions though I'll just report here if nobody minds:

1) buying in one state, bringing it to another? -- It's in Michigan and I'm in California. Would it be certified for CA emission? How could I get it registered here?

Nevermind! I see that it does conform to Cali.

2) radio -- has the base when I wanted the monsoon (single CD). Although I'm guessing this is pretty darn minor. Anyone know if this is easy to replace at the dealer if I really wanted to?

Skyinmi, as somewhat crazy as it is for me, if Issue #1 weren't a problem, I'm _seriously_ considering placing a bid, buying a plane ticket, and having a blast driving that puppy back to LA!

I just noticed you replied to me on Ebay. Should have checked there first but forgot. Anyway, thanks for that. And, uh-oh, I see it does meet California, so really, assuming I can live with a manual over an automatic, is there really a reason for me not to get this and drive it all the way back! Hmm. Decision time!
BUY IT! I'm guessing it would be quite hard to say no :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts