Their New Car Blue Book Value quotes:
New Car Blue Book Value®
(base pricing)
$25,348.00

New Car Blue Book Range
(base pricing)
$23,700.00-26,996.00

Market Conditions
This vehicle is very popular and dealers do not have a sufficient supply. Currently, it is selling at MSRP or above.
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ncbbv?kbb.AZ;468653;kbb.AZ&85043&&;;nc;&4&07SNS1_B;060601

I also found their pricing & resale information interesting..
Our New Car Blue Book Values have reflected real-world transaction prices for the popular SKY of $1,000 and more over sticker price. As for resale value, we expect both the SKY and Solstice to perform notably better than the more familiar MX-5.
Since they are the industry leaders in tracking sales prices and resale values, it leads me to believe from their "real-world transaction prices...of $1,000 and more over sticker price" statement that MOST Sky buyers are NOT paying MSRP, contrary to forum members perceptions.

Any other interpretations of their data?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that there have been alot of people reporting here that they have run into dealers adding a preimum, but you may have a point there. Keep in mind that there are alot of people out there who have purchased this car and are not posting here. As for me, my dealer did not charge over msrp. How about yours?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Haven't got mine yet, but I was told I would receive it at MSRP on car and all add-ons as well as the GM buyers discount (hopeful, but know it may not happen). Looking at it and comparing what we see here it may work out if only 20% of the people pay 5k over MSRP that averages out to 1k over. I've heard of some paying more then 5k over all though it seems most are getting it at MSRP.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My dealer Richmond Va Saturn did not charge over msrp and didnt add any thing to the car. I got the first one in Richmond and I would have been willing to pay up to 2000,00 over and I told the sales manager that. He said msrp and stuck by it. Good Guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbs: Way to go

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My pleaseure darling...:thumbs:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Interesting

If the KELLY is saying selling price of MSRP and above...it looks like if anyone will be selling their Sky they will be getting more then they think for it.

I had asked my dealership a long time ago...

"What do you think the re-sale value of my Sky would be?"

They said with the # of Skys being produced it would be HIGH...

They may have been right...I had asked that because I was thinking if I should wait for the Redline or not. Looks like If I sell my Sky for a Redline I won't be taking a loss...infact I may just be putting some money in my pocket. :willy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe most if not all dealers are selling at MSRP, but some also have mandatory dealer added options at an inflated price. Those seem to be mainly west coast dealers as observing posts here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts