Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Would like to see the "my recent topics" added, as someone who doesn't visit the site on a regular basis it was nice to look quickly at past threads I had posted in.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Give me access to the old view. I used it successfully for 7 years and it was both efficient and easy to use. This new format means I can't go search for new posts for a given period of time.

I hate the tablet view and don't use it

I guess I will not be using this one either.

Its kind of like when you go to the same grocery store for 20 years. Then they move everything around and you quit going there because if you have to learn a new store anyway, why not start with a different one?

I rarely come here anymore in any case, so feel free to ignore my input. I now you will in any case.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Give me access to the old view. I used it successfully for 7 years and it was both efficient and easy to use. This new format means I can't go search for new posts for a given period of time.

Its kind of like when you go to the same grocery store for 20 years. Then they move everything around and you quit going there because if you have to learn a new store anyway, why not start with a different one?

I rarely come here anymore in any case, so feel free to ignore my input. I now you will in any case.
Things change deal with it

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

@Rob the Elder - you got my attention man...

You can see your post and threads here:

Tools Dropdown

Find My Threads:
Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - Search Results

Find My Posts:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=9581

Subscriptions here: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

All New posts since your last log in here:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

The most active or replied to posts here:
Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - Active Topics

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
Would like to see the "my recent topics" added, as someone who doesn't visit the site on a regular basis it was nice to look quickly at past threads I had posted in.
If you click on the search icon (the magnifying glass in the upper right corner) it has the following options at the bottom of the drop down that pops up:

Find my threads
Find my posts

These may be the links Admin referred to above, I'm not sure, but these should do what you want to do fairly easily. Plus, as was mentioned, you can always subscribe to a particular thread and get updates that way...

...or just come by more often, there is that too. >:)

Things change deal with it
jburbs, the fact is that this thread is for suggestions on what we like and don't like. Nothing about RtE's post was anything but that. Sure it sounded a bit Jaded but the man has been around a while and he is a Moderator over on the Solstice forum.

Like anything though something new takes time to familiarize yourself with. I would image the biggest reason RtE that the staff have updated this forum is security. I'm sure this newer version of the software fixes a lot of vulnerabilities the old software may have had and that bots had found ways to exploit. I haven't even looked at the Admin/Moderator controls here yet, I'm sure they're different.

So far though, I haven't ran across something I'd like to do that I could do on the old forum but have been unable to do here.

One thing I would suggest though...the Multi-quote button doesn't have enough contrast between selected and unselected. You REALLY have to look to see if you have successfully marked a post for a multi-quote response. I believe on the old forum the multi-quote button changed from gray to orange when selected. A high contrast change like that would be nice to have again here.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not seeing a magnifying glass that you are speaking of all I see is the search box. If I simply click on search without entering any text it does show recent discussions but none of those are ones I visited or posted in.

·
Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
Not seeing a magnifying glass that you are speaking of all I see is the search box. If I simply click on search without entering any text it does show recent discussions but none of those are ones I visited or posted in.
Hmmm...we are definitely seeing different things. Are you in a normal browser or their app? I'm on a browser so if you're using the new app we may be talking about very different user experiences. LOL

·
Premium Member
459 Posts

Same here, Hoosier, I don't see a magnifying glass either. But the TOOLS drop down selection in the top center of the banner has Find My Threads and a Find My Posts options. I'm thinking this may be what they are referring to.

As far as stuff being off.... I'm running on a 42" monitor and I am wondering if maybe that is throwing stuff off compared to what others are seeing?

·
Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
Okay, the attached picture shows the magnifying glass I'm talking about (yellow arrow is pointing to it). If you don't see it, it may be due to either your screen resolution/setup or could be something else. Perhaps the admin may know.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Same here, Hoosier, I don't see a magnifying glass either. But the TOOLS drop down selection in the top center of the banner has Find My Threads and a Find My Posts options. I'm thinking this may be what they are referring to.

As far as stuff being off.... I'm running on a 42" monitor and I am wondering if maybe that is throwing stuff off compared to what others are seeing?
Thanks Specter that will work for me. I am viewing it in a browser and still no magnifying glass. Even tried different browsers with the same effect.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Where you have that arrow pointing first I have a large (2"-3" ?) amount of blank bar and then at the far right I have a full size search box with a large SEARCH button beside it.

I am thinking it has to do with screen resolution and screen size. I haven't viewed the site with anything but my computer so far, I'll check it out with my phone and tablet in a bit.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
And since we are all looking for something.... Where do I find how to put pictures in my signature like some of you have done?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
It's good. Same format as another automotive forum I'm on.

Just 1 small thing: When I click on a thread from "new posts", it doesn't load correctly. I have to scroll up a little to see the top of the most recent post.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Okay, the attached picture shows the magnifying glass I'm talking about (yellow arrow is pointing to it). If you don't see it, it may be due to either your screen resolution/setup or could be something else. Perhaps the admin may know.
This is what I get in IE 11 and Firefox on my desktop and laptop and I am the admin.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like it a lot! Only thing I miss a bit, is that the "most Popular Discussions" List on the main page had the ones I haven't read yet in Bold, so it was easier to see what's new vs what I've read. Not a big issue obviously, but it'd be cool if it could be brought back.

21 - 40 of 155 Posts