Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,115 Posts
Biggest problem the the Recent Discussions section, is there a way to get rid of that section.
From the first post in this thread...

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.
It bugged the crap out of me too.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
It works.

I will say, the responsiveness of the site is excellent

I know the banner was previously discussed, but I really do not think the Yellow Sky fits.
I think removing that and leaving the other 3 would look better.
but
Overall, big thumbs up from me. New site is modern, fast and looks good.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
From the first post in this thread...

It bugged the crap out of me too.
I did as you said to turn off that Recent Discussions thingie on the right side of the page, but it's still there in a bunch of different places on the forum. I consider it to be distracting and useless for the way I use the forum, but it won't go away.

If I can't make it go away, I will probably quit using this forum, I dislike it that much.

[sigh]

EDIT: I figured out how to make it go away completely . . . pay to become a supporting member. Otherwise called extortion.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It works.

I will say, the responsiveness of the site is excellent

I know the banner was previously discussed, but I really do not think the Yellow Sky fits.
I think removing that and leaving the other 3 would look better.
but
Overall, big thumbs up from me. New site is modern, fast and looks good.
See that's the weird thing, when I was looking at this site on my laptop at work, I only saw the four cars as well, and someone made mention that there were six cars up there.I also saw the magnifying glass. Now at home on my PC, I see the 6 cars, and no magnifying glass.

Bert

·
Registered
480 Posts
I noticed you can see the full header image and a search box instead of a magnifying glass when decreasing the text size (hit CTRL and minus sign) a couple of times. My resolution is fairly low at 1280 x 1024. The text isn't readable when that small of course, but it illustrates that these features are likely affected by screen resolution.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
See that's the weird thing, when I was looking at this site on my laptop at work, I only saw the four cars as well, and someone made mention that there were six cars up there.I also saw the magnifying glass. Now at home on my PC, I see the 6 cars, and no magnifying glass.

Bert
It depends on screen resolution, whether you are full screen or partial screen and also the device you are on. I view this forum on a large screen pc, a laptop and an iPad. Each of the three has a different look and feel, which I find a bit confusing. I am not fond of this new look and feel.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
It just may be me and my stupidity, but I don't like the fact that you have to enter the thread and then go to the end of it. Where before you could go to the last post you had read. I know it is possible as that is how our FJ site works. Maybe just a tweak, or I am doing something wrong.

On this site I always just go to the forum and look for posts, on the Solstice site I got to active posts and look at the last 5 days. This kind of puts the current stuff on the right side. The big blank space is somewhat bothersome, but figure I will get used to it.

I like garage thingy. Will play with it more as time goes on I am sure. Got the Skytles on there, the other half is happy.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
It just may be me and my stupidity, but I don't like the fact that you have to enter the thread and then go to the end of it. Where before you could go to the last post you had read. I know it is possible as that is how our FJ site works. Maybe just a tweak, or I am doing something wrong.

On this site I always just go to the forum and look for posts, on the Solstice site I got to active posts and look at the last 5 days. This kind of puts the current stuff on the right side. The big blank space is somewhat bothersome, but figure I will get used to it.

I like garage thingy. Will play with it more as time goes on I am sure. Got the Skytles on there, the other half is happy.

Bob, I do the same thing on both sites (and it still works the same way). I keep a bookmark:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

(or replace middle with "solsticeforum") and that's the same as clicking the "New Posts" link under the banner. That just lists all the new posts since I last clicked. To get directly to the last post (again same as before) just click on the >> arrow icon to the right of the last poster's name at the right of the post row.

·
Super Moderator
11,115 Posts
You're doing something wrong. LOL Click on what looks like a little chevron icon either sitting on it's side or pointing down (depending on which page you're looking at) and you will be taken to the first new post in the thread.

I don't think you should have a big white space. Be sure to turn off the side bar option as was mentioned earlier. This could help with that problem.

Yea, I got my garage setup with current and past projects. LOL It's half full.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm not sure I like the words that are highlighted to lead you to an ad. It does let me know I'm not logged in though!

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
For some reason last night the chevron was not there or not working. It seems to look different today, and it does work. Or it could have been being sick and dead tired, parts did not work, I use that excuse a lot it seems.lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't like it. In fact, I've a mind to get my flip phone and give you an earfull. Oh, and, get the h3ll off my lawn... :D

It does seem faster, but then again, I'm on a boonie dsl that isn't much more advanced than 2 soup cans and a string. :cheers:

41 - 60 of 155 Posts