Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, new to sky ownership(and solstice), i did it big, I have three turbo solstices, one saturn turbo, two sky non turbos and one solstice parts car...they just multiplied...lol
anyway the sky redline is my favorite not sure what I am gonna do with the rest of them, but have a few issues with the sky I would like to get sorted out and have a few general questions too...
#1---the airbag light is on on dash and the info center says service airbag...car has not been in an accident, just came on previous owner said...I ran the codes for srs and it came up with b0081 and b1325....any ideas what would cause these codes to materialize? will one of the services where they reset module fix these lights?
#2---one of the solstices I have has aftermarket pipes and a bigger intercooler, that I want to take off and put on the saturn...saturn has all the plastic covers, ducts, shields in front of condenser and around intercooler, the solstice does not...is it better with these plastics removed or not?
#3---the radio on sky does not power up, all fuses under hood are good, is there another fuse box inside cabin? or radios known to die? any link to how to get the radio out?
well i will cut it short for now, but hopefully i will get some feedback on these issues...thanks in advance...bob from san antonio

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
To expand @sahein 's comments:

The airbag problem is usually caused by a failure of the sensor grid in the seat. Resetting the module will not fix it. Check the recall status of the car to see if the sensor recall is open. If it is, GM will replace the sensor without charge. Check the other cars also, you may be able to switch a working sensor for the failed one, then take the other car in for the recall.

Some of the plastic is helpful, and some is not, just as moving the intercooler may or may not improve anything. The car is quite capable as designed.

There is a second fuse block under the carpet in the passenger foot well. Pull the carpet down from the top. Removal of the radio requires disassembly of most of the dashboard.

Reactions: themagicman

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
To expand @sahein 's comments:

The airbag problem is usually caused by a failure of the sensor grid in the seat. Resetting the module will not fix it. Check the recall status of the car to see if the sensor recall is open. If it is, GM will replace the sensor without charge. Check the other cars also, you may be able to switch a working sensor for the failed one, then take the other car in for the recall.

Some of the plastic is helpful, and some is not, just as moving the intercooler may or may not improve anything. The car is quite capable as designed.

There is a second fuse block under the carpet in the passenger foot well. Pull the carpet down from the top. Removal of the radio requires disassembly of most of the dashboard.
The other thing that can trigger codes is reduced voltage that corrupts digital data.

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
The other thing that can trigger codes is reduced voltage that corrupts digital data.
Good point.

If I was @themagicman I would reset the codes to see which one(s) return. The B1325 could be left over from earlier troubleshooting. I believe that it could also apply to three modules other than the SDM.

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
i did clear them, and up[on start up they came back immediately
Given that you have a number of parts available, I would next swap the passenger seat from one of the cars without the problem to see if the sensor replacement clears the Service Airbag message. I have done extensive experimentation with the seat sensors, and installation of a working sensor has always cleared the warning message at the next power-on. Swapping the SDM is also an option, but requires fairly extensive dismantling to access.

·
Premium Member
08 Redline. RPM"s CAI, charge pipes, Intercooler, CAT delete & ECM Tune. DIY tunnel brace. ProBeam.
189 Posts
Welcome to the forum from MI! That’s a lot of cars, so inevitably you’re gonna have to post a lot of pictures :)

the radio:
There’s a couple of really good videos on YouTube of people removing radios from the Saturn sky. If it’s an automatic, do you want to check the wheels or certain parking brake because you’re going to need to put it in neutral to get the radio surround off. The only real tip for that. Lots of screws, just take your time pulling parts off. It’s a pretty easy job. If your radio is busted, I do have my OEM monsoon unit I pulled out of my 08 RL recently that I can part ways with.

Airbag:
Probably your sensor is everyone else indicated. Check to see if the recall was done by contacting your local GM dealership. Buick dealership had to do the recall on my first sky.

regarding the intercooler and possibly intake and charge tubes from the solstice, it should all be compatible. I don’t know how to pull it out of the solstice since I’ve never worked on one, but to put in a new inner cooler to the sky, you don’t even have to remove the bumper. Just two of the plastic shrouds underneath. It’s actually quite a simple swap out. I just did it on mine recently.
Once you get all the new bolt-on equipment installed, you’ll need to have it tuned or it will be a waste of time. There’s more than a few threads that discuss your options. Cliff’s notes version: canned tunes from trifecta are cheap and somewhat effective. Real (custom) tunes from tuning shops are even better as far as getting the best performance you can get. Most of them can do it remotely, too. I’ve used RPM-motorsports for the two sky’s I’ve had tuned.

·
Registered
2009 Saturn Sky
13 Posts
hello all, new to sky ownership(and solstice), i did it big, I have three turbo solstices, one saturn turbo, two sky non turbos and one solstice parts car...they just multiplied...lol
anyway the sky redline is my favorite not sure what I am gonna do with the rest of them, but have a few issues with the sky I would like to get sorted out and have a few general questions too...
#1---the airbag light is on on dash and the info center says service airbag...car has not been in an accident, just came on previous owner said...I ran the codes for srs and it came up with b0081 and b1325....any ideas what would cause these codes to materialize? will one of the services where they reset module fix these lights?
#2---one of the solstices I have has aftermarket pipes and a bigger intercooler, that I want to take off and put on the saturn...saturn has all the plastic covers, ducts, shields in front of condenser and around intercooler, the solstice does not...is it better with these plastics removed or not?
#3---the radio on sky does not power up, all fuses under hood are good, is there another fuse box inside cabin? or radios known to die? any link to how to get the radio out?
well i will cut it short for now, but hopefully i will get some feedback on these issues...thanks in advance...bob from san antonio
Hi guys! Newbie here, thanks for accepting me.
interesting discussion and most importantly useful for me:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
1. Had the same problem with 2009 Saturn Sky - had to have the airbag mesh replaced in the passenger seat,
fixed at a Buick dealer cost close to $1,000
hope that helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts