Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... has anyone taken delivery of a SKY with the Automatic Transmission yet?

If so, ... comments?

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
No..but I have driven one....You are going to be so so happy that u ordered the automatic as opposed to the stick (sorry guys & gals...my opinion). It has plenty of zip from 0 to whatever....braking is great and it corners so well...the muffler sounds good 2. Overall, I cannot say a bad thing about this machine...oh yes, watch the eyes looking at YOU...and smiling.:) By the way, the chrome console looks great especially with the LED lights to it's side.

Silver Pearl/Black Top
Black Leather
Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
LSD
Automatic

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MarlboroMike ...

... a question ... on the automatic shifter are the letters "P N D 4 I 1" ... can you explain the "I"?

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
intermediate...I have no idea though what it means...maybe 3rd gear..the L is for first and 2nd gear...makes no difference anyway what it means...we r usually in Drive and Reverse......u will love it...wait until u c it in person...then talk to me...WOW. It looks great with the interior of the car.

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other Sky "owners" ...

... any Automatic comments?

·
Registered
308 Posts
bubbacc said:
... has anyone taken delivery of a SKY with the Automatic Transmission yet?

If so, ... comments?
yes when are they going to releace the restriction on the automatics so we can order our skys???????????????????????????????????????????

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
bentley said:
yes when are they going to releace the restriction on the automatics so we can order our skys???????????????????????????????????????????
Clean that keyboard for that sticking ?? I recommand coke or diet pepsi to wash the keyboard. Skip...:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
bentley said:
Restrictions are not 'arbitrary' restrictions just thrown on that GM can just lift. They're due to parts not being available.

Low volume car == low volume parts

·
Registered
308 Posts
brentil said:
Restrictions are not 'arbitrary' restrictions just thrown on that GM can just lift. They're due to parts not being available.

Low volume car == low volume parts

i know that. i was just wondering if anyone had heard if and when they are going to start up with the automatics so i can get mine ordered. my sales man has explained all of the supply and demand stuff and the fit and finnish problems.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
bentley said:
i know that. i was just wondering if anyone had heard if and when they are going to start up with the automatics so i can get mine ordered. my sales man has explained all of the supply and demand stuff and the fit and finnish problems.

Mine was just ordered this week, along with 3 other automatics in my area...so perhaps it has been lifted already. Thought I remember reading a post from Rick_Tinley_Park saying that he had heard that automatics were going to become more available this week. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
bentley said:
GM at my store said next week the restriction on automatics will be 50/50% (instead of 5/95%)--- so many should be ordered!

·
Registered
165 Posts
My SKY that is travelling this way, shipped on the 20th, is an automatic. It was imaged on 2/20. I really thought more people would be getting automatics.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
bubbacc said:
... any Automatic comments?
Not an owner, but the dealer demo is an auto and it is very very nice. If I wasn't such a die hard manual in sportscar guy, I would be thinking about the auto if I could order it again. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
imaged ... now the wait

My CP Red with automatic was imaged today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts