Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, I bought a 2009 Sky RL with 12,000 miles and I'm so happy I did! I traded in my 2010 Mazda MX-5, which I loved but I was seeing too many of them around and it just didn't feel that special.

I'm wondering what I should look out for so I can keep this beauty in good shape. I already read about the ballooning Intercooler and the windows rubbing against the convertible top. I actually had the problem with the windows hitting the top, and on the passenger side the back of the window would actually close 'over' the top but because of this forum I made the adjustment described and now the window doesn't get caught on the top anymore!

I also got the Trifecta tune because everyone was raving about it on here and all i can say is WOW!

Here are a couple of pics of my new baby. I'm in New York and the only day so far I could take a picture it was raining so there are rain drops on the car in the photo but I hope to take some better pictures soon.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
This is a SE a great looking R/L.
1st thing to know when putting
the top up stop 1/2 way up and
place finger under canvas. Pull
away from frame so the top does
not cut into the canvas. Only
on the drive side.
Welcome,
LLLFLY

·
Registered
199 Posts
:party: Congrats! The car looks great! :thumbs: Enjoy! :)

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Read your butt off.
PNT the info you like.
Vic, eat your heart out. lol
LLLFLY

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum. I also traded in a 2003 Miata for a Sky Redline a few years ago and have never looked back. Enjoy!!
I have yet to do the trifecta tune and am still enjoy the performance of a the stock redline compared to my Miata.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone! I bought it only for the summer but it seems every time it gets over 32 degrees I want to take it out driving because it's so fun.

·
Registered
17,339 Posts
Congrats! on your beautiful SKY!
And welcome to the SkyRoadster forum... Members here like Mike (MarlboroMike) and Larry (lllfly) have tons of information to help you destroy it so stay away from White Wall Tires! :D
Vic has given you poor advice especially from a NUYKR...and as a fellow NUYKR...u will get no better advice than this...
If you ever drive this car into Manhattan or any of the boroughs...your car will be DESTROYED...it cannot sustain the animals that live there or the broken streets...u only have a 3 inch clearance.

Can anyone top that piece of advice? This is a survival guide.

One other piece of advice...don't try to hide your license plate. It is so stupid. What do you do when go driving? Nobody is coming to hijack your car...except your neighbors.

I am waiting for the 2015 Mazda M5...will add to my collection. It is such a well built car and the new styling is supposed to be eye candy

·
Registered
22 Posts
One other piece of advice...don't try to hide your license plate. It is so stupid. What do you do when go driving? Nobody is coming to hijack your car...except your neighbors. [/QUOTE said:
I was at a thing called "Cruisin' Grand" last year in Escondido, where people basically park and show off their cars. I was taking a picture of someone's Shelby Cobra and he ran over and yelled at me for getting his license plate in my photo. I mean he was apoplectic. Face turning red and everything. It was hilarious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up one a couple of years ago. So far kept it all orginal and is identical to yours. It had 4200 miles on it when I drove it home. It is stored in winter so only driven in clear blue sky days. I have 9360 miles on it now. Getting ready to get it out for spring. Not sure how much I will get to enjoy it as I will be having a couple of procedures done which will limit my driving it this year. Contemplatig putting 'Dorothy' on the market because of this. If anyone is interested in a low milage 2009 SE Redline PM me.

·
7,014 Posts
Vic has given you poor advice especially from a NUYKR...and as a fellow NUYKR...u will get no better advice than this...
If you ever drive this car into Manhattan or any of the boroughs...your car will be DESTROYED...it cannot sustain the animals that live there or the broken streets...u only have a 3 inch clearance.

Can anyone top that piece of advice? This is a survival guide.
That is why us Real New Yorkers use Trains, Buses and Taxi's to get around my friend..... :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is a SE a great looking R/L.
1st thing to know when putting
the top up stop 1/2 way up and
place finger under canvas. Pull
away from frame so the top does
not cut into the canvas. Only
on the drive side.
Welcome,
LLLFLY
Do what? Can you explain this in greater depth? I have just been slinging mine around and I don't think it's cutting itself...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts